Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

galagazombie posted:

It is interesting that Luke and Leia exist in a world consisting entirely of made up names. I guess in a neat way it shows they're special by being the only people with normal names.

There's also Ben. Han is very close too (especially when said like "Hans Zolo").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Are we ignoring Rose and Paige?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
lol

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-secrets-of-the-jedi

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

:ughh:

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

I hope it's written by Last Jedi Skywalker and all the commentary is just "These guys were worthless losers. They died."

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Angry Salami posted:

I hope it's written by Last Jedi Skywalker and all the commentary is just "These guys were worthless losers. They died."

They used his TLJs disgruntled face, so maybe they will.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
https://boundingintocomics.com/2019...patine-returns/

lmao if this is true. God, what a loving mess.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
George Lucas isn’t even in charge of this poo poo anymore and they’re potentially still doing incest angles? Jesus Christ.

The entire Skywalker bloodline needs to die off.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

SyRauk posted:

Don't worry, whatever ends up happening is going to be a hell of a lot dumber than this.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

At least Plo Koon is there.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SyRauk posted:

Bounding into Comics is the kind of site that said that Disney secretly bought extra Captain Marvel tickets to pump up the box office score.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
JJ Abrams flat out said that 'the full story hadn't been told' or whatever about Rey's past so they're definitely undoing Rey Nobody. And Palpatine is absolutely coming back. Bringing back all the Force ghosts at the Lars homestead feels like just the kind of big dumb ending Disney will go for.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
All of the Force Ghosts from every game, comic, tv show, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

porfiria posted:

All of the Force Ghosts from every game, comic, tv show, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party.

Not gonna lie, i’m intrigued by the possible Force Ghost appearance of Tony Randall and Jack Klugman.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

And the charred remains of a ghost porg.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Bringing back all the Force ghosts at the Lars homestead feels like just the kind of big dumb ending Disney will go for.

I want this, but with a tusken raider freaking out and swinging his club wildly through the ghosts while bellowing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I want to say that I like this idea in theory, but the excerpts on that page are loving awful. Like, written in an afternoon awful.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

So who mindwiped everyone? Sheev?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Lmao, just read the Qui-Gon Jinn entry. What the gently caress is this poo poo?

quote:

While he may not be a Skywalker by blood, Qui-Gon Jinn shares a deep connection to my family's history through the Jedi Order. This revered Jedi Master trained Obi-Wan Kenobi, who in turned trained my father and then later became my mentor. Qui-Gon was well known for listening to the Force more than to the Jedi Code, a trait that put him at odds with the Jedi High Council. Master Jinn was killed by Sith Lord Darth Maul prior to the start of the Clone Wars, but he was the first of only a few Jedi who discovered a way for his spirit to transcend its physical form.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Isn't the whole point of a spirit that it doesn't have a physical form

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

:hmmyes: luke's stint as a wookieepedia editor was what drove him into madness

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I want Force Ghost Ed Asner to call the rest of the people in Star Wars on their dumb bullshit.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh good, they put character quotes written in Aurebesh while everything else is in High Galactic
How classy of you

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I actually got the biggest laugh out of "Despite public perception, the Jedi weren't perfect." Star wars is a dumpster fire

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Vinylshadow posted:

Oh good, they put character quotes written in Aurebesh while everything else is in High Galactic
How classy of you

I'm going to regret asking this but can Aurebutt be translated into english? Probably it's just like a character map between english letters since I don't imagine even Star Wars fans came up with an entire new language.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hope Palpatine’s return is incredibly boring and to the point. “Oh I had a cloning facility with a backup of my mind which would activate if I ever died. Actually I had a ton of them, surprise bitch there’s a dozen Palpatines now” and then all the red with troopers remove their mask and they’re all Palpatine and we get burly brawl 2.0 but with lightsabers this time.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

JJ Abrams flat out said that 'the full story hadn't been told' or whatever about Rey's past so they're definitely undoing Rey Nobody. And Palpatine is absolutely coming back. Bringing back all the Force ghosts at the Lars homestead feels like just the kind of big dumb ending Disney will go for.

I’m sure there’s some pending revelation (she’s a clone, she’s a reincarnation, she emerged from Luke’s forehead like Athena), but there’s no way they’ll go back and say “actually she’s [character we know]’s biological daughter after all.”

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I'm going to regret asking this but can Aurebutt be translated into english? Probably it's just like a character map between english letters since I don't imagine even Star Wars fans came up with an entire new language.

"You don't have to carry a sword to be powerful. Some leaders' strength is inspiring greatness in others." - Ahsoka Tano

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Vinylshadow posted:

"You don't have to carry a sword to be powerful. Some leaders' strength is inspiring greatness in others." - Ahsoka Tano

As I thought, just one to one map of English. How completely creatively bankrupt just like the rest of this mess.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

General Dog posted:

I’m sure there’s some pending revelation (she’s a clone, she’s a reincarnation, she emerged from Luke’s forehead like Athena), but there’s no way they’ll go back and say “actually she’s [character we know]’s biological daughter after all.”

“No Rey you are MY great-grandmother!”

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
"Hey that's funny, you have the same name as the daughter I abandoned on a desert planet because she was just too drat good at the Force."

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jerk McJerkface posted:

As I thought, just one to one map of English. How completely creatively bankrupt just like the rest of this mess.

...It's literally been around since 1977 though?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

lol

Inventing a funny script as a substitute cipher for English just to make text look alien is “completely creatively bankrupt”?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
drat and I thought spinning thousands of words out of nothing was an essaywriting skill I left behind in undergrad

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rey gave birth to herself because she's just THAT. drat. GOOD.

Rey is the Triple H of the Star Wars universe.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Vinylshadow posted:

...It's literally been around since 1977 though?

At least in the original showing of Star Wars before they added 'A New Hope' to the opening crawl, the screens were showing regular english. I don't think the aurebesh styling was added until Lucas did the revised version of the OT.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bogus Adventure posted:

Rey is the Triple H of the Star Wars universe.

Palpatine as Undertaker fits quite well.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

M_Sinistrari posted:

At least in the original showing of Star Wars before they added 'A New Hope' to the opening crawl, the screens were showing regular english. I don't think the aurebesh styling was added until Lucas did the revised version of the OT.

Yeah, English writing was still in 1997 Special Editions; I don't think it was replaced until the 2004 DVD release. I think it was something conceived of for the prequels.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Palpatine as Undertaker fits quite well.

Does that mean Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader is Hulk Hogan/Hollywood Hogan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

There's nothing wrong with a one to one mapping given it's far easier to do as a "real" fantasy language than contacting a linguist to come up with something.