Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Harold Krell posted:

Also, if you didn't know, I copped you as town anyway.

Your welcome.

You're not sane!!!! The sane cop is dead!!! Your cop result doesn't mean alignment!! Why are you being obtuse about this?

And no seeing Scum a bunch as the cop result means nothing on individuals because ONLY ONE COP ROLE IS LEFT THAT DETERMINES ALIGNMENT AND ITS THE INSANE COP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

GenericGirlName posted:

You're not sane!!!! The sane cop is dead!!! Your cop result doesn't mean alignment!! Why are you being obtuse about this?

And no seeing Scum a bunch as the cop result means nothing on individuals because ONLY ONE COP ROLE IS LEFT THAT DETERMINES ALIGNMENT AND ITS THE INSANE COP.
Krell is trolling you.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

So, I accidentally lost everybody's votes. Deadline is tenatively Sunday at 10 PM Eastern.

I'm bad with votefinder.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

:siren: spacing in vienna replaces chaoslord. :siren:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
HELLO EVERYONE. I have not read literally anything so gimme a few to catch up? Also I have never played a Dethy and have no idea how they work so this should be interesting!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (9): Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, GenericGirlName, Hal Incandenza, Harold Krell, Lumpen, Nep-Nep, SalTheBard, spacing in vienna

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 11th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

spacing in vienna posted:

HELLO EVERYONE. I have not read literally anything so gimme a few to catch up? Also I have never played a Dethy and have no idea how they work so this should be interesting!

Greetings!

So in this setup, all of us are either cops or scum, but each cop has it's own quirk regarding whether or not they get a false-positive when targetting someone.

Within this game itself, most people right now are suspicious of Lumpen accusing others of being scum, and are currently awaiting them to state their case.

In terms of deaths, we have had three town deaths, one on night 0, the lynch of day 1, and another one night 1. It is currently night 2.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Hi spacing in vienna, please claim your N0 and N1 investigation results. Quick!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
##Vote spacing in vienna

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

Hi spacing in vienna, please claim your N0 and N1 investigation results. Quick!

I feel like you missed the part of my quote where I said "gimme a few," because I have been trying to re-read this clusterfuck of a thread and did not even see this.

Krell n0, and I don't have a result n1, so I'm guessing clord didn't submit one.

Preview edit: you just voted me, lol.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I feel like you missed the part of my quote where I said "gimme a few," because I have been trying to re-read this clusterfuck of a thread and did not even see this.

Krell n0, and I don't have a result n1, so I'm guessing clord didn't submit one.

right also krell n0 was town.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Randomly:

SalTheBard posted:

I'm a Town Cop too!

(Although true story: I got my PM and was all excited because I thought I was the "real" Cop. Then I read the OP again and was like "Awwwww" I don't know what kind of cop I am)

This is adorable and I am not voting Sal forever. :3

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

hmm, interesting.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
So you're seeing the thread with fresh eyes, who's scum?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Harold Krell posted:

Copped Mr. Humalong as SCUM.

Harold Krell posted:

Last post was a friendly joke, lol. Copped Lumpen as town.

Is ... is Krell always like this?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Is ... is Krell always like this?

Sometimes he's funny instead.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

So you're seeing the thread with fresh eyes, who's scum?

Only up to page five so far, because I'm trying to track who claimed what and what that could mean. Should've just started a spreadsheet. But this strikes me as weird as gently caress:

Harold Krell posted:

Well yeah, binary cop would have to have a scum result last night, but also keep in mind that with two scum players, they could've also claimed to have scum results to simply appear to be the binary cop.

Also, there is a slight slight chance that a town, who perhaps believed they were a binary cop going in, came up with a result of scum for the night, but did not want to out their supposed binary cop role and declared they had a town result to avoid suspicion.

This feels like Krell is building himself an out, in case any of his results end up being impossible given what we know. "Oh, but see, there's a reason why town would lie in this game, I already said that, so yes I lied but here's why." So I'm side-eyeing that p hard.

I'm not sure that I agree with clord/you that self-copping is such a bad thing. Knowing your own alignment would be way useful.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
##Vote Harold Krell

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote Harold

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote Harold

I think the idea of a town player thinking they were the binary cop going in is weird in itself but given how harold has played since that's a sensible read.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
We can deduce that a Townie got a N0 Scum result and falsely reported it as Town, because Humalong claimed a Scum result and flipped Bandwagon Cop.

Krell's posts line up with it being him, which would make him Town, but don't even care. Even if he's Town, he would vote with proven Scum at LYLO just to be a poo poo.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

Great, just as I finish...

This assumes that both Lumpen and Byers are TOWN.

I get you assuming that you're town, but why at this point are you assuming byers is?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

I get you assuming that you're town, but why at this point are you assuming byers is?
Because I am so loving good at Mafia.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

Because I am so loving good at Mafia.

Lol ok but I'm being serious. Was it because he copped you as town? Was it because you had a town read on his posts?

I know he's town now, we all know that, he flipped and all, but either the chart is Just Night Actions or it's partly based on reads in the thread. Mixing the two seems like inviting chaos.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

redneck nazgul posted:

THIRD GRADE MODNOTE: Yes, zero is an even number.

The math tutor is silently crying at this modnote being required :eng99:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Also when I first posted I thought it was way weird that I named a possible scum and people jumped on, but I just saw that people had also been sus of him and thus it's less weird.

Deadline is tomorrow, yes? This game is making my eyes cross. I need to update my spreadsheet.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Also I work first thing in the morning (hooray, tutoring) so I'm already up later than I should be.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Lol ok but I'm being serious. Was it because he copped you as town? Was it because you had a town read on his posts?

I know he's town now, we all know that, he flipped and all, but either the chart is Just Night Actions or it's partly based on reads in the thread. Mixing the two seems like inviting chaos.
It was based on my read of his behavior and posts, and the fact that he had made a spreadsheet and was investing a lot of time in engaged, pro-Town discussion about logic and strategy. He was obviously Town.

My chart's data is pure logic and deduction at this point, though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
So correct me if I'm wrong:

Currently we have 4 scum results (B- = Byers, Nep = Clord, AA = Lumpen, and Lumpen = B-) and then 4 town results (GGN = Hal, Hal = Krell, Krell = Sal, Byers = Town)

So in the event of a tie how do we determine Bandwagon / Contrarian?

I know we have this post:

redneck nazgul posted:

Basically, Sane/Insane/Paranoid/Naive/Binary/Random/Residue are determined, and then Bandwagon/Contrarian are assigned.

As far as a tie goes, I actually hadn't planned on that but would have announced it had it come up.

But this would indicate people are lying about their results! Grrr scum :fist:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
Okay, time to clear the air.

I am def town and I did not lie about my results. I suppose I’ve somehow (?) earned this reputation of being a deceiver in past games but it is absolutely 100% not true in this case. Maybe scum or perhaps even another cop is doing some trickery, but not me.

I still wholeheartedly believe that those who consistently resulted as scum should be analyzed further. It’s like a coin flip. Yeah it starts out even, but the more you flip and the more you realize you start getting more heads than tails after a while, you start to understand that the coin may be “weighted” to land on the heads side more often. Of course, it could be said that they could still be town and after more hypothetical nights, they’ll get more town results, but it feels this really is the most logic path of deduction to go on at this midpoint of the game. This means Nep-Nep and chaoslord’s replacement, spacing in Vienna.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Harold Krell posted:

I still wholeheartedly believe that those who consistently resulted as scum should be analyzed further. It’s like a coin flip. Yeah it starts out even, but the more you flip and the more you realize you start getting more heads than tails after a while, you start to understand that the coin may be “weighted” to land on the heads side more often. Of course, it could be said that they could still be town and after more hypothetical nights, they’ll get more town results, but it feels this really is the most logic path of deduction to go on at this midpoint of the game. This means Nep-Nep and chaoslord’s replacement, spacing in Vienna.

No.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Byers flipped as sane cop. so if they werent lying about N0 result, Lumpen is the only confirmed town in the game rn.

Also hey spacing, im town and probably Binary cop based on my results and no one else has the same patterns of results as me so i guess im binary cop??? anyhow. hows it going. My darling cat is a cool fellow who screamed at me a bunch today. I'll send you pics post game.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
oh uh

##vote krell

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

I don't have a result n1, so I'm guessing clord didn't submit one.
I find this dubious and it would be a highly convenient excuse for Scum to make.

You do get Townie cred for actually reading the thread though.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Harold Krell posted:

I guess you're doing a bit, where you say idiotic things calmly and firmly to see if you can get suckers nodding along, or exasperate the people actually trying to play the game.

The Sane and Insane Cops are the only two of the original 9 that give meaningful results about anyone's alignment.
The Bandwagon and Contrarian Cops provide a way to detect the Scum's fabricated fake results.
The Residue Cop serves to potentially clear previously-investigated Townies, after the Residue Cop flips.
The Random, Naive, and Paranoid Cops provide meaningless noise results in which the Scum try to blend.

The actual (Town/Scum) values reported for 8 of the 9 living people have nothing at all to do with alignment.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen taking the bait!

I guess we could just kill Krell but it seems most likely Krell is lying town unless we really did have a case of humalong lying about his result

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
There is such a slippery slope between Lying Town and Scum. Lying town does little to nothing to help us out but then I don't want to mislynch either.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm always of the opinion that if you don't want a specific town player to exist during lylo then it's a perfectly decent reason to kill them. Also they're straight up not following our plans for gathering info and solving the game. Also they're on the list of possibly scum. (People who reported town n0)

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Lumpen posted:

I find this dubious and it would be a highly convenient excuse for Scum to make.

You do get Townie cred for actually reading the thread though.

yea its really weird that someone who replaced out and was holding up the n1 results turned out to have not submitted an action. :rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

At least killing Krell would let us eliminate another cop-type possibility from the remaining players so I guess there is that