Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

You can get a price adjustment within 30 days of purchase, just bring your original physical receipt to the returns counter (unlike a regular return where they can look at your shopping history, they do require the physical receipt for an adjustment). The item has to be in stock and the lower price has to be current (it can't have gone back up to full price), and they can give you the difference right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

fischtick posted:

Ours is Nono, named by the kid when she was a toddler. When the Roomba would make the startup noise, she'd run from it shouting, "no no no nononono!!" She's a real Ship of Theseus; I think the only original parts are the shell and the wheels.

Bless me, thread for I have sinned. I started taking PBUC gummy melatonin supplements before bed a while back when I was dealing with some insomnia. I'm not sure how much I "believe" in the powers of melatonin, but I think the ritual of popping a couple gummies before bed probably helps get me in "going to bed" mode. Costco sold them in a giant, 200+ bottle, but they've since restocked with the same dose, only in pill form. I had to order some from Amazon. When they run out, maybe I'll just switch to gummy bears or something.

Don't want to internet-doc too much on this but please talk to your doctor about a sleep study. Melatonin is only "generally considered safe" for short term use and in some preliminary studies use longer than 2 years has shown some significant adverse effects. Any long-term use of sleep aids will gently caress up your ability to naturally regulate sleep/make insomnia worse so talking to a doctor about on-off cycles at minimum is something to consider.

(/recurrent insomnia since 7th grade)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, I think melatonin is really meant to help you "reset" your normal sleep cycle like if you just travelled overseas a bunch or whatever.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah, I think melatonin is really meant to help you "reset" your normal sleep cycle like if you just travelled overseas a bunch or whatever.

Seconding this and wanting to suggest 5-HTP an hour before your normal bedtime. Valerian root can work with some people; I've had friends swear by it but it's never done much for me.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

13Pandora13 posted:

Don't want to internet-doc too much on this but please talk to your doctor about a sleep study.

Thanks to all of you for your concern! I’ve had a bunch of people tell me vastly different information about melatonin at this point. The insomnia is managed, I really think I just like the blackberry gummy before bed.

I’ll switch to a nightly $1.50 all beef hot dog and a soda (with refill). PBUC.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Chinatown posted:

Went to Costco today.

Oh shut up you rear end in a top hat

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

13Pandora13 posted:

Don't want to internet-doc too much on this but please talk to your doctor about a sleep study. Melatonin is only "generally considered safe" for short term use and in some preliminary studies use longer than 2 years has shown some significant adverse effects. Any long-term use of sleep aids will gently caress up your ability to naturally regulate sleep/make insomnia worse so talking to a doctor about on-off cycles at minimum is something to consider.

(/recurrent insomnia since 7th grade)

Thanks for posting this, I wanted to say something similar.

(Horrible insomnia since ~14-15 [37 now], fresh off of getting another round of "well have you tried meditation?" from a coworker.)

I had checked last weekend for the sherpa blankets at a Seattle area Costco, but nothing. I've actually never seen them at Costco though I've looked far and wide. Ended up getting two on Amazon and they are beloved members of the family.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

b mad at me posted:

Oh shut up you rear end in a top hat

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
cusco?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
You can get a dose of a natural source of melatonin by eating a few pistachios. Just buy the bag of shelled pistachios at Costco rather than who knows what is in a bottle of supplements.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I walk fast and it makes me want to blow my brains out when people walk so slow.

Costco size mood

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Making a run now just trying to get paper plates, Gatorade and another baller rear end tower fan. Pray for me we know the end result will be an extra $200 worth of stuff

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The fans aren't in stock anymore and comparable ones are like 3x the price :sigh:

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I got a Costco membership yesterday. Got a bunch of Kraft Mac n cheese, frozen garlic wonton "ramen", potstickers, pilaf, and some joggers for like 50 bucks. Welcome to the World, Richter S.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
In and out like an assassin, saving $2.20 on my gas up.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Has anyone seen moon cakes are their Costco? The wife seems convinced that they cary them in some locations but I’ve been unable to find any.

Sudbina
Mar 17, 2009
I still need to check out Costco's prepared food area, since that's the only place that I can get into without a membership iirc. I really want to try out their pizza and rotisserie style chicken.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Warbird posted:

Has anyone seen moon cakes are their Costco? The wife seems convinced that they cary them in some locations but I’ve been unable to find any.

Yeah I saw them at my Costco. Wasn't sure what they were. They were in a tin box on an endcap. South of Seattle, PM for exact location.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

We’re east coast, but thanks. Do you recall the name they were using? I haven’t had much luck pulling anything up in the app.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Warbird posted:

Jesus, do you really want that many mooncakes? Even if you're buying them for an event or something, so few people actually like eating them. They're one of the most thrown away holiday foods iirc.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Warbird posted:

The Business Costco I went to in LA had 'em. MoonPies, too. All sorts of moon confections, in fact

Warbird
May 23, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Jesus, do you really want that many mooncakes? Even if you're buying them for an event or something, so few people actually like eating them. They're one of the most thrown away holiday foods iirc.

The Mrs. wants some to eat and/or give to other folks from her neck of the woods around here and we don’t really want to drive the 2 hours to the Asian market if at all possible.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Even more than fruitcake?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
buy mooncakes online or something i dunno

man, fuckin mooncakes

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
As someone that grew up in a Chinese household, gently caress moon cakes

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Warbird posted:

We’re east coast, but thanks. Do you recall the name they were using? I haven’t had much luck pulling anything up in the app.

I googled "mooncakes costco" and found this link: http://costcocouple.com/kam-wah-moon-cakes-2015/

90% sure it was the ones pictured.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

JK Fresco posted:

Even more than fruitcake?

https://qz.com/781802/the-fruitcake-of-the-east-hong-kong-will-throw-out-a-million-mooncakes-this-mid-autumn-festival/

And that is just Hong Kong. There are a lot of Chinese people. I'm very ambivalent about mooncakes, I can eat maybe like 1 each year before my quota is up. Sorry I don't like your favorite snack, moon goddess

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Saw these mooncakes at costco today, but I'm west coast so I dunno if it helps

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I mentioned it previously that I was moving reeeeeeeally close to a Costco. Walked from my apartment to the end of the block, and from there I could see the beautiful OSTCO (the first C was blocked by a tree). If I walked another half a block I was there.

I'll probably die from a crippling dog addiction in short order. We'll never have to order pizza again either, just walk a block and a half!

PBUC

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'll probably die from a crippling dog addiction in short order. We'll never have to order pizza again either, just walk a block and a half!

PBUC

Functional dogoholism is real

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I mentioned it previously that I was moving reeeeeeeally close to a Costco. Walked from my apartment to the end of the block, and from there I could see the beautiful OSTCO (the first C was blocked by a tree). If I walked another half a block I was there.

PBUC

Truly #blessed

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Forgive me friends for I have sinned. They had a big ole display today about "Get your Costco Membership on your PHONE!!!" and the guy was super energetic and told me about it as I was walking by. I told him that was just super and went about my way. He stopped me, which was just enough to get me out of my blind consumerism bliss. He asked if I had already done it. I looked this man in the eye and told him I didn't need more crap on my phone. His reaction was as if I just murdered his dog, I felt awful but I *had* to get my bulk items asap. Well that's my Costco story for you when they are closed on a Sunday night. Hope it was riveting!

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Pinecone Sample posted:

You can get a dose of a natural source of melatonin by eating a few pistachios. Just buy the bag of shelled pistachios at Costco rather than who knows what is in a bottle of supplements.

Oh man, those shelled pistachios are banned from the house. With regular pistachios, the effort to crack 'em open at least leaves a slight pause between each nut, and eventually your fingers get tired... with the shelled ones, you might as well roll up a $20, dump the sack on the counter and inhale the whole thing.

Speaking of addictive Costco products, I don't think I've seen anyone mention the G.H. Cretor's Chicago Mix popcorn. I think I have the name right; cheesy popcorn and caramel popcorn in the same enormous bag. Great salty/sweet balance, and perfect TV food.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Chicago Mix rules.

I miss the Stacey's Pita Chips from Costco, so bad.

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011
Had my tires replaced at Costco and had a thought: What if Costco had a full service mechanics shop?

Seriously, this needs to happen.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

fischtick posted:

Oh man, those shelled pistachios are banned from the house. With regular pistachios, the effort to crack 'em open at least leaves a slight pause between each nut, and eventually your fingers get tired... with the shelled ones, you might as well roll up a $20, dump the sack on the counter and inhale the whole thing.

Pistachios are also 20% fat which adds up real quick when you're scarfin' down the shelled ones.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Nuts make you fat?!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Nuts make you fat?!

Deez nuts sure do.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Real talk though I've had people tell me they eat a lot of nuts because its protein and I'm like.... yeah about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Delorence Fickle posted:

Had my tires replaced at Costco and had a thought: What if Costco had a full service mechanics shop?

Seriously, this needs to happen.
they'd only be able to service like 3 cars a day and you'd have to show up 4 hrss before the store opened and still wait around all day.

like tires are one thing--running an entire car debugging and complex fixing with sourcing parts and things takes a long time to get done right, and they'd be liable for cars having to be stowed outside the costco in the parking lot for possible several days at a time and taking away precious parking space for consumers, hire and provide professional commercial liability insurance and legal protection for a fleet of trained mechanics, and they only have 5 bays to work with. it'd be p much only downsides and expenses as far as costco is concerned.

now like a drive-thru oil change would be fine

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 12, 2019