Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nondevor posted:

By the way, the author has a twitter and usually posts illustrations whenever new chapters pop up. Chapter 11’s is Yuri.

https://twitter.com/_tatsuyaendo_/status/1160571048053506049
Totally trustworthy guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I can't believe I forgot to mention the "sharp" sound effect on Ania. :(

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

gnome7 posted:

Not to say that I think the manga would be better if he was more suspicious of her, it's just a very funny blind spot for this otherwise overcautious super spy to have.

Same for Yor, who completely bought that a car chase with gang of criminal is a completely ordinary event in the life of psychiatrist. I love the implication that them being super spy/super assassin their whole lives, their expectations for physical prowess and general competence of an ordinary person is just completely skewered.

"Yes, of course she kicked that grown man through wall, what's so weird about that, everyone can do it, no?" :confused:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

They're both very good at sniffing out enemies but are equally as good at making themselves appear on the level (or alternatively, in Yor's case, she's just too dumb to draw any suspicion) , so I guess those two skills cancel each other out.

Their mind-reader daughter being an idiot helps too. :D

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 11, 2019

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lt. Lizard posted:

Same for Yor, who completely bought that a car chase with gang of criminal is a completely ordinary event in the life of psychiatrist. I love the implication that them being super spy/super assassin their whole lives, their expectations for physical prowess and general competence of an ordinary person is just completely skewered.

"Yes, of course she kicked that grown man through wall, what's so weird about that, everyone can do it, no?" :confused:

Yup yup. As another example, Lloyd thought Franky the Information Broker (a profession that typically doesn't involve any physical exertion or combat prowess whatsoever) could help with fighting the art thieves.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Nondevor posted:

The YES / YES pillows absolutely killed me. Someone put me into a cryogenic chamber until the next bunch of chapters release. thanks in advance.

I’m glad the release schedule is biweekly instead of monthly, at least.

I didn't get the pillows, can someone explain?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Fangz posted:

I didn't get the pillows, can someone explain?

Um, they're a Japanese thing that lets couples communicate whether they want to have sex that night without actually having to talk to each other about it (which would be embarrassing I guess). One side of the pillow says Yes, and the other side says No, so you just flip them over before you go to bed. A bed with double Yes pillows means they are going to gently caress, immediately.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So they are skipping straight passed the kissing phase.
How lewd!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

Um, they're a Japanese thing that lets couples communicate whether they want to have sex that night without actually having to talk to each other about it (which would be embarrassing I guess). One side of the pillow says Yes, and the other side says No, so you just flip them over before you go to bed. A bed with double Yes pillows means they are going to gently caress, immediately.

That's awesome.

I though it was funny because I just figured it was to further emphasize that they were definitely, really, totally married for real, yes. They're so married in fact that both pillows even say yes.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Mulderman posted:

So they are skipping straight passed the kissing phase.
How lewd!

I'm not sure they've even held hands with each other yet. Closest they've come is both holding Ania's hands, if I'm not forgetting a stray panel somewhere.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Aug 12, 2019

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Hello I am from the Surreal Daily Life Manga thread, and I also endorse this manga as good and enjoyable.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

2nd floor for the kyouran kazoku nikki thread

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
[Screams Internally], the manga.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I don't see why people are so excited about this manga. It's just an ordinary manga about an ordinary family. Artwork's kinda cute though.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Anya's frightened faces are second only to Mousou Telepathy in terms of Good Manga Faces. I'm only in chapter 4 but what a fun read so far. The absolute élégance is wonderful.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Gotta hand it to the kid. She is hard as nails. Any other kid would probably be scared as hell.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

David D. Davidson posted:

I don't see why people are so excited about this manga. It's just an ordinary manga about an ordinary family. Artwork's kinda cute though.

Anya is incredibly cute.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Artificer posted:

Gotta hand it to the kid. She is hard as nails. Any other kid would probably be scared as hell.

Anya's too young and too starved for a nuclear family to be scared. Both parents have demonstrated that they have her wellbeing foremost in their minds. Yor in particular.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I just want to know why Ostania has a cartoon with a spy as the good guy.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Fangz posted:

I just want to know why Ostania has a cartoon with a spy as the good guy.

Clearly, Bondman is an upstanding Ostanian citizen fighting for his country by spying on those nefarious Westalians. Totally ok there and not treason at all!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Cuntellectual posted:

Anya is incredibly cute.

Yeah but I still want to know what the hook is with this completely and boringly ordinary family.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah but I still want to know what the hook is with this completely and boringly ordinary family.

They're trying to get their kid to succeed in a highly prestigious school, despite being so ordinary.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mirage posted:

Anya's too young and too starved for a nuclear family to be scared. Both parents have demonstrated that they have her wellbeing foremost in their minds. Yor in particular.

she's also starved for entertainment.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

You don't recognize their inherent elegance!?!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth TNT posted:

You don't recognize their inherent élégance!?!
FTFY. :colbert:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
nevermind, found my answers

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It seems that some chapters were taken down.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

It seems that some chapters were taken down.

That's how they make money with this free service. You can read the first three chapters and the latest three, but if you want the ones in the middle you need to buy... something. I'm not sure if that something currently exists or not.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Clarste posted:

That's how they make money with this free service. You can read the first three chapters and the latest three, but if you want the ones in the middle you need to buy... something. I'm not sure if that something currently exists or not.

Yeah, I’m not seeing any purchase or subscription options on the MangaPlus site? That’s a shame though.

I’ll make a note in the OP about the chapter availability. Just gotta google for the chapters in between I guess.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Clarste posted:

Pretty sure the "something" in this case is volume releases.

Which would be all fine and good if English-speaking countries actually got volume releases day and date :argh:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

This might be why they wanted us to change the names?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brood Type
Pantsu

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

This might be why they wanted us to change the names?

Funny, I would've pegged Twilight as a Protoss player.

Also, Pantsu means pants right? I'm asking because it seems so weird to name his pants in the same breath as his eye and haircolor.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
pantsu=pants=underwear

probably making fun of horny manga that no doubt list things like that e.g. 'yuki-chan always wears white cotton panties!!'

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's the most likely scenario. A dumb gag for a dumb manga.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean, we already know his brood type: espers.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Clarste posted:

I mean, we already know his brood type: espers.

*grudging applause*

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Spy X Family has won the Tsugimanga Web Manga Award.

68,250 votes. The runner op got 41,819

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Spy X Family has won the Tsugimanga Web Manga Award.

68,250 votes. The runner op got 41,819

Hurrah! :toot: But what are the Tsugimanga Web Manga Awards exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Good to know that this series officially takes place in not!Berlin Berlint.

Darth TNT posted:

Hurrah! :toot: But what are the Tsugimanga Web Manga Awards exactly?

https://tsugimanga.jp

Tsugimanga is an award series focusing mainly on new manga (either <5 volumes printed or started before the contest begin date), and it has categories for both physically published comics and online comics.

Incidentally, Chainsawman won 2nd place in the physical category. It shares the same editor as Spy x Family, so I guess that person knows how to pick interesting series :v: