Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Terry <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

In Training posted:

Well along these lines what about good rear end fight intros. Billy Kane's "Ima gonna gently caress you so bad" is a classic.

Honestly, all of 3rd Strike's rival intros for me, but Alex/Hugo and Ryu/Ken in particular.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
GG has shitloads of cool custom single-player intros that I don't specifically remember.

KOF has tons of good ones, like the Mai/Andy intro where she taunts him with the baby, or the Leono/Chang salute glitch they brought back for 14.

It's not a custom intro but Start Running........... NOW is perfect

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

GG has shitloads of cool custom single-player intros that I don't specifically remember.

KOF has tons of good ones, like the Mai/Andy intro where she taunts him with the baby, or the Leono/Chang salute glitch they brought back for 14.

It's not a custom intro but Start Running........... NOW is perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxaejyyeI1Q&t=117s

lmfao I have never seen the baby intro before, good poo poo

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

yo mamma a Horus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxaejyyeI1Q&t=117s

lmfao I have never seen the baby intro before, good poo poo

Huh, I always thought Andy and Mai was an eternal "will they or won't they" kind of pairing, but I don't think I've ever seen Andy sweat bullets like that before, and he's fought Geese!

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
I like how in Soul Calibur, not only are all the moves named, but most of them are themed around the fighter.

All of Zasalamel's are various Egyptian/Sumerian/Babylonian gods; Talim's are all wind-themed; Cassandra and Sophitia are various Greek mythological figures; and so on.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Neo Rasa posted:

Very clearly Vice and Mature from KoF have the biggest signal to noise ratio in this department because they predated Guilty Gear in having all of their moves be references to metal songs/bands.

vice has had a move called deathblow since she was introduced and the song deathblow by deftones didn't come out till 03 so that list is kinda bogus.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I never quite understood what the deal with all the numbers before all of Kyo's move names.15 year old me thought it was cool I guess.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
YOU WANT SOME!?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
hands off the panda

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Shingo Kick because I always thought a good name for like a jangle pop or super pop rock band would be The Shingo Kicks.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

me after consuming a lot of dairy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
F-Hisui has some good moves, like My Ladle is Strong.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Carmine owns

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

when mika says taco bell. It's not a move but it's good

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Does Skullgirls count as cheating because "Three Wulf Moonsault," "Khepri Sun," and "Forever a Clone" are some top tier attack names.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 13, 2019

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Inevitable Snuggle and Platonic Drillationship are also pretty good and that's just Fukua

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Even on the non pun front "She Who Mauls" and "Lady of Slaughter" are just rad.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Zinkraptor posted:

I'd put "filthy acts at a resonable price" here but if we're allowed to include JoJo stuff that's basically cheating.

So since Jojo does music names for some things, is this just a weird-as-hell localization of AC/DC's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Pyrus Malus posted:

So since Jojo does music names for some things, is this just a weird-as-hell localization of AC/DC's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap?

Yes

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

chumbler posted:

What is everyone's favorite move name across all fighting games? Let's stick with official, so you can't say Stone's Big Dunk Decision.

I'm really tempted to just go with JoJo attacks since like, Space Ripper Stingy Eyes is right there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

What is everyone's favorite move name across all fighting games? Let's stick with official, so you can't say Stone's Big Dunk Decision.
A Kick Even I Don't Understand

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh i guess this is the official localization

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its not a move name but in act cadenza the 2v2 mode had team names for every possible pairing and the team name for mech hisui + neco arc chaos was 'Seriously, we don't know anymore.'

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nothing beats Berserker Barrage for me though I also love Buster Wolf. A lot of move names are memorable to me based on who says it and how it's said. "AH YOU OK" basically makes Buster Wolf awesome.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
That voice line on Berserker Barrage :discourse:

Why is this called Laser Scraper? Maybe they just put a mic on Tasty Steve and had him run through a word generator. "Laser Scraper! Steel Pedal! OOF Steel Pedal AGAIN! Hellsweep DENIED" yeah that sounds awesome write it down - Harada, probably.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
When I was a kid I thought Terry's Crack Shoot was "Crack Shoe" which made since to me since I'm a dumbass.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The best name is the Hundred Hand Slap, IMO.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Brosnan posted:

The problem isn't that prox normals are gone, it's that

yeah this.

I don't think the two are unrelated though? Just comparing animations it's clear that Capcom used the far normal animations for the older SF characters when working on V, but then the hitboxes are far more withdrawn. This also applies to other normals like crouching moves which didn't have proximity normals from what I can gather (I'm using VamSav as my reference point here) but I've seen a lot of crouching heavy kicks whiff even though the actual foot of a character or even the ankle is intersecting with the opponent. That the whole game forces players into each others faces instead of giving more reliable and available far reaching normals to everyone in the roster is still the result of dropping the concept of proximity normals in the first place. At least that's my take on it.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

my take is that sfv is bad haha

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

teh_Broseph posted:

That voice line on Berserker Barrage :discourse:

Why is this called Laser Scraper? Maybe they just put a mic on Tasty Steve and had him run through a word generator. "Laser Scraper! Steel Pedal! OOF Steel Pedal AGAIN! Hellsweep DENIED" yeah that sounds awesome write it down - Harada, probably.

That's Laser Cannon, not Laser Scraper. Scraper is the variant that ends in an uppercut, which sort of abstractly works given the name of the non-variant. I don't think I can explain why rationally, it just vaguely makes sense in my head.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

DLC Inc posted:

nothing beats Berserker Barrage for me

yeah ive played enough mvc 1/2 that beserker barrage is scarred into my ears

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/ecthrowdown/status/1161309695308640264?s=20

deserved but also lmao at how much harder the hammer is coming down than on infiltration

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

zooted heh posted:

vice has had a move called deathblow since she was introduced and the song deathblow by deftones didn't come out till 03

THE FUTURE IS NOW

MechaX posted:

Huh, I always thought Andy and Mai was an eternal "will they or won't they" kind of pairing, but I don't think I've ever seen Andy sweat bullets like that before, and he's fought Geese!

IIRC they were only a "will they or won't they" pair in FF2 and 3, from then on they're a couple even if Andy is awkward about it.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

In Training posted:

Well along these lines what about good rear end fight intros. Billy Kane's "Ima gonna gently caress you so bad" is a classic.

Let's fight, like gentlemen

also: not an intro but
GUTTER TRASH

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/ecthrowdown/status/1161309695308640264?s=20

deserved but also lmao at how much harder the hammer is coming down than on infiltration

what happened or do i not want to know the r/kappa drama

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

she's been pushy with/creepy with women apparently, hitting on them in front of their husbands/putting her arm around them

havent seen accusations of actual assault or anything, just creepy boundary pushing. i might have missed something, mind

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

To put a long story short, Gllty has been creepy for years (even I’ve heard poo poo when she was down here in St. Louis) and was actually groping people (described in Yohosie’s twitter thread). Gllty admitted it and she’s probably going to leave the FGC anyway

Oh, and someone is also alleging that she shared a hotel room with Floe and woke up to him feeling on her. Floe opted for the “she’s mentally unstable and I’m lawyering up, statement later today!” Approach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Endorph posted:

she's been pushy with/creepy with women apparently, hitting on them in front of their husbands/putting her arm around them

havent seen accusations of actual assault or anything, just creepy boundary pushing. i might have missed something, mind

if she left bruises or threatened to kill one of the women then she'd be allowed to play. makes sense.