Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TheHan posted:

I'm glad we can focus on the real reason we're all here. Speaking of which:

I'm not gonna lie to you; I already peeked at Friday's comic and we're going nowhere fast. It's only 4 panels.

Oh my god I thought he'd just not been buffering it but I'd not realised his dumbass site honours the /2019/07/ for already-released comics and that you had to move to 2019/08/ for the next ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Tesseraction posted:

Oh my god I thought he'd just not been buffering it but I'd not realised his dumbass site honours the /2019/07/ for already-released comics and that you had to move to 2019/08/ for the next ones.

I thought the same thing, then I realized "I'm a dumbass, what would I do?" Real Ovaltine of a prize for my efforts.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

wait, why is THIS sign suddenly in cheezburger

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
I mean we know Mookie doesn't have a buffer and just makes poo poo up as he goes along. I mean what's the alternative? It isn't like he took a years long hiatus from this terrible comic he could've used to plan out its sequel.

Mors Rattus posted:

wait, why is THIS sign suddenly in cheezburger

Well, obviously, it's a reference to the series's deep lore and was left there by Bort hundreds of years ago, and Snout, his descendant left it up without correcting it as a way to honor his legacy. Perhaps, Snout wrote it while he was still learning to spell.

Or Mookie's an idiot and can't keep anything consistent.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

:geno:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Why does this exist

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm glad I have other more interesting web comics to read. Imagine being excited about this poo poo.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

What, exactly, was he trying to accomplish here? After the diary text dump it's a bit of whiplash to see Mookie suddenly trusting the audience to figure out this situation with no dialogue.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What, exactly, was he trying to accomplish here? After the diary text dump it's a bit of whiplash to see Mookie suddenly trusting the audience to figure out this situation with no dialogue.

He's trying to signal the ship he saw the day before, and hasn't seen since.

This could have been improved with a page of him seeing it flying off in the distance.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The elbow spikes are really bothering me for some reason. Imagine them catching on poo poo. Rip your fuckin’ skin off!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Emrikol posted:

He's trying to signal the ship he saw the day before, and hasn't seen since.

This could have been improved with a page of him seeing it flying off in the distance.

Why would he know if the ship would even care about a signal? Ugh, but it'll probably work when he hits the other one. So stupid.

Mors Rattus posted:

The elbow spikes are really bothering me for some reason. Imagine them catching on poo poo. Rip your fuckin’ skin off!

How does he take his shirt off?

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
It'd just make a lot more sense to try and signal someone he knows is actually in the area to see it, is what I'm getting at.

Like, have him see the ship, then think of a way to get their attention.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah that's kind of what I'm getting at too. Ugh, just everything is so barely thought out.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Mors Rattus posted:

Knowing Dominic Deegan, it's only a matter of time before Snout violently murders something with it. Just like Quilt and Bort before him.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hooray! He's dead!

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Emrikol posted:

It'd just make a lot more sense to try and signal someone he knows is actually in the area to see it, is what I'm getting at.

Like, have him see the ship, then think of a way to get their attention.

I imagine this comic is going to just flow like this. Dialog dumps followed by vague actions that are not fleshed out enough for the audience to have any idea what the hell is going on.

....Actually that really does sound like the original Dominic Deegan run.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The only way to fly

Ok, this was moderately funny

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SardonicTyrant posted:

The only way to fly

It really wasn’t

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's garbage, OP.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Calaveron posted:

It really wasn’t
I made this thread and I say I had a sensible chuckle. So there :v:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SardonicTyrant posted:

The only way to fly

Again, why does Mookie think we need to be reminded of the current objective? And why does Snout have this sheet of paper for himself when he's the only person looking for this ship?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Brought To You By posted:

Again, why does Mookie think we need to be reminded of the current objective? And why does Snout have this sheet of paper for himself when he's the only person looking for this ship?

Because Snout is deaf, and therefore must communicate his thoughts entirely via the written word.

Even to himself.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

wow guess he got bored of the arc or something

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Edit too obvious. Mookie makes blood this weird black color.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Which made the ink witch lady's powers really confusing. We all thought she was writing with blood, but it was actually ink.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tesseraction posted:

wow guess he got bored of the arc or something

:allears:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Brought To You By posted:

All of these pages would be improved by opening with a panel of Snout looking at the actual ship flying overhead, rather than at this note.

He's climbing a tree to wave a makeshift flag made out of his shirt in an effort to attract the attention of an aircraft that he saw yesterday, and hasn't seen since.

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 12, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah, like I said, he doesn't even know the ship would care about or react to the flare plant. Why would it care about a shirt on a stick?

Also it's pretty amazing this empty DBZ field even has trees of any kind besides grass. If it ain't plot relevant scenery Mookie ain't drawing it!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Does Snout only have one set of clothing and no blankets? Why the gently caress did he have to strip to tuck in ink witch??

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Don't be so clothes-minded.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

Don't be so clothes-minded.

Remind me again why he was demanding an underage lad had to get nude in front of him again?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tesseraction posted:

Remind me again why he was demanding an underage lad had to get nude in front of him again?

Other way around, he was demanding the underage lad to not be upset about him being naked.

It was vaguely justified in that his clothes had been destroyed just before in a fight... except that it was all happening in the "mindscape" where he had previously demonstrated he could conjure stuff up just by thinking about it, so if Mookie did remember his own comic DD could have taken one second to reclothe himself. But Mookie had thought of the "clothed-minded" pun so this took precedence over everything else.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Really feel I missed a trick by not making an edit of that panel being followed by him being marched off in cuffs.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Tesseraction posted:

Really feel I missed a trick by not making an edit of that panel being followed by him being marched off in cuffs.
I'll give you extra credit if you use the Hands panel in some way.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

I'll give you extra credit if you use the Hands panel in some way.

I do remember someone at the time editing it so it was "don't be so closed minded" then a panel with the dialogue removed and dominic smiling evilly before the final panel being jazzhands.gif

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

IMO the hands thing isn't really funny, especially in 2019.

Rape jokes just aren't funny.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

I originally requested in the old threads that people stop doing them but it wasn't enforceable. It and loss.jpg have become the go-to punchlines for the respective threads.

And inflating things for Dobson. Oh hey I still have my SYAC folder too

what's dobbles up to these days anyway?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mors Rattus posted:

Fair enough. There's plenty of other material in Dominic Deegan to mock that isn't as bad.

That being said, I'm gonna tap the rule I myself have been ignoring and remind people to focus on the new comics. Dominic Deegan is a dead and buried comic, let's "enjoy" The Legacy of Dominic Deegan and laugh and learn and all that fun stuff.

I'll make an exception if you can combine the new and old material in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tesseraction posted:

I originally requested in the old threads that people stop doing them but it wasn't enforceable. It and loss.jpg have become the go-to punchlines for the respective threads.

And inflating things for Dobson. Oh hey I still have my SYAC folder too

what's dobbles up to these days anyway?
His self-insert is a blue bear now, IIRC.