Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
and gently caress floe too probably im not up to speed on that one yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they didnt show samsho in the 'here's all teh winners!' official clip show but the tweet's still up

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Remember that old rear end video of Floe and Mr Wizard running

Turns out they were competing for who's the bigger piece of poo poo

they tied for #1, apparently

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

MechaX posted:

MrWiz knew exactly what the gently caress he was doing with that narrative

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

"I'm gonna give you once chance to live, what came first...Ranch? Or Cool Ranch?"

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
There is no bottom

https://twitter.com/Tampa_Bison/status/1161349860622315520?s=20

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

zooted heh posted:

lol @ the anime face sketches

I hate this timeline.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Endorph posted:

oh i guess this is the official localization

oh yeah I forgot there's an actual official localisation now

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I was a bit irked at how fast people deleted Gllty after living through the whole Infiltration scenario too, I have to admit. Not because they deleted her quickly, that poo poo had to be done, but because it shows that the scene is insular and if you have to do one of your "buds" instead of someone that isn't especially well-liked, you're gonna take any out you get.

The Floe situation is...drat. If it's real he's definitely not gonna fess up to that, so I guess take legal action and see what happens. He went for the "mentally unstable" line which is already a red flag.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you scroll up five seconds you can see him talking about how gllty is 100% definitely guilty lol

exhibit a for

Dias posted:

I was a bit irked at how fast people deleted Gllty after living through the whole Infiltration scenario too, I have to admit. Not because they deleted her quickly, that poo poo had to be done, but because it shows that the scene is insular and if you have to do one of your "buds" instead of someone that isn't especially well-liked, you're gonna take any out you get.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

fgc seems like it's pretty bad

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
there are hosed up people in everything, unfortunately!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Crocoswine posted:

fgc seems like it's pretty bad

No see it's fine if you did a bad thing as long as you're not a trans person. It's obviously just #MeToo gone rampant if you're cis!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Endorph posted:

if you scroll up five seconds you can see him talking about how gllty is 100% definitely guilty lol

He's a piece of poo poo but she literally admitted everything and voluntarily stepped away from the community.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SF5 Ken has a lot of loving explaining to do

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Eh, I tend to agree that everything is kinda hosed up, we just notice poo poo at an atomic level because we're part of the community, but I think the FGC has a pretty big issue with these things at an "influencer" level. For instance, have you noticed how many lovely dudes hang out with JWong, and even the people that aren't lovely in that circle of influence have a pretty "not my problem" attitude when these things happen?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dias posted:

Eh, I tend to agree that everything is kinda hosed up, we just notice poo poo at an atomic level because we're part of the community, but I think the FGC has a pretty big issue with these things at an "influencer" level. For instance, have you noticed how many lovely dudes hang out with JWong, and even the people that aren't lovely in that circle of influence have a pretty "not my problem" attitude when these things happen?

as an old man, the best friends club is not reflective of the fgc i know, but a lot of newer people in the scene seem to treat the fgc like a personality cult that worships all the people with the biggest megaphones. i dont get the celebrity worship.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Zand posted:

a lot of newer people in the scene seem to treat the fgc like a personality cult that worships all the people with the biggest megaphones. i dont get the celebrity worship.

Esports.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its just how social media makes things work

the people who are the most prominent get their voice spread around the most which means people see them the most which makes them the most prominent

maximilliandood's format of video making is already kind of dated and he hasnt made anything like assist me in years but hes still around and prominent because hes a guy with a lot of subscribers, its hard to lose that kind of sway (and max seems fine im just using him as an example)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But there's no money in fighting games. It's a complete sham

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

as an old man, the best friends club is not reflective of the fgc i know, but a lot of newer people in the scene seem to treat the fgc like a personality cult that worships all the people with the biggest megaphones. i dont get the celebrity worship.

If you're newer to the scene you probably got interested in playing competitively because you saw one of those guys playing and thought "man, this guy is sick, maybe I can get that good one day". It happens in sports, it happens here too.

The insularity is still an issue outside of that tho, that's just something that feeds into it, into letting bygones be bygones because dude's good at fighting games and my friend, into chasing out people that call out lovely behavior because you're not that relevant and the person that's feeling upset just showed up and was feeling entitled...

I didn't know about the Chris T blowup and that's kinda an example of that, those conversations put a lot of blame on the "new" people to cover up for a dude that admitted to his bullshit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The celebrity worship was already there, but the FGC has more of a platform than it did like 13 years ago. So the poo poo Justin's friends and other random people in the FGC did don't fly anymore and reflect badly on the FGC because these are figureheads in the community. It is not by anyone's choice that loving Floejisan became a figurehead, but he was a pretty funny dude and played Boshy games that people enjoyed watching him die at and did pretty well in tournaments and gathered a following that propped him into a name that thereby represents us . Now is it fair to people in the fgc to be lumped into a bad crowd because of Floe turning out to be a gross dude? No, that is not fair. Is it the reality of having a community where he is consistently in the public eye and a person who was even used to promote a recent fighting game on his own twitch stream? Yes, it is a reality and looks bad to the random average person.

It's the same way someone like Infiltration became a big name to people who follow fighting games and then the domestic abuse poo poo came out and yeah... that looks bad for everyone and it looks even worse now that people like Wiz are sticking their loving head in the sand over this poo poo. Is it anyone's fault that this is the case aside from the related parties? No, it is not. Does it reflect badly on us that this dude won at SamSho at evo AFTER the case happened and the evo twitter put him on a pedestal? Yeah, it reflects pretty badly on us.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yipes and matrix are cool right

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I mean Floe went on a rant during his Boshy run using an extended rape metaphor after dying repeatedly so

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yipes supports Infiltration, last I knew. He went on about it while on mic at some minor regional tournament if I remember right.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is literally the only fg community ive seen not support infiltration and none of us are relevant

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dragon enthusiast posted:

I mean Floe went on a rant during his Boshy run using an extended rape metaphor after dying repeatedly so

Look options were scarce

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
People are throwing the fgc under the bus when the only reason this doesnt happen in any other competitive video game community is because this is the only one with women in it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

this is literally the only fg community ive seen not support infiltration and none of us are relevant

I've seen some places speak out against Infiltration's poo poo, most notably some of the more known Anime FGC side of things, but there have also been the shitheads around too. Bken and Bears both especially had problems with Infiltration's poo poo, but then you have guys like MajinObama muddying the waters too so it's a loving mess trying to speak out against any of this when other people with influence try to stick their fingers into the pie too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

People are throwing the fgc under the bus when the only reason this doesnt happen in any other competitive video game community is because this is the only one with women in it

nah this community definitely has an extreme problem with circling the wagons. thats more to do with the grassroots nature tho. something like league or counter strike is much more corporate so players are more distant from the average person and who does/doesnt get dumped comes down to corporate pr interests not community effort.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Endorph posted:

nah this community definitely has an extreme problem with circling the wagons. thats more to do with the grassroots nature tho. something like league or counter strike is much more corporate so players are more distant from the average person and who does/doesnt get dumped comes down to corporate pr interests not community effort.

I guess there is an added layer in that everyone in power is someone's buddy and not some disconnected investor or whatever who cares about pr but i feel like whenever some esporter does something lovely in another game just as many people come to their defense as here

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
is bizarro mike still employed at capcom

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He runs their esports stuff right now

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yipes called Balrog punch super "the full Chris Brown" at an SF5 event, might've been EVO. It was a few years ago.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I guess there is an added layer in that everyone in power is someone's buddy and not some disconnected investor or whatever who cares about pr but i feel like whenever some esporter does something lovely in another game just as many people come to their defense as here

iunno it mostly just feels like a community of shitheads covering for other shitheads and instead of other stuff where its just random shitheads in certain organizations

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the FGC is a family

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

somepartsareme posted:

the FGC is a family

and much like the other family, when someone sets our tiny asian friend on fire, we invite him to our BBQs

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

Dias posted:

I didn't know about the Chris T blowup and that's kinda an example of that, those conversations put a lot of blame on the "new" people to cover up for a dude that admitted to his bullshit.

I haven't been keeping up with SFV so hadn't heard about Chris T in forever. Looks like Cygames dropped him last year because of weed lol... Did he have Opinions about something that got him in trouble?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://twitter.com/IFCYipeS/status/1161318492957741063

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Baal posted:

I've seen some places speak out against Infiltration's poo poo, most notably some of the more known Anime FGC side of things, but there have also been the shitheads around too. Bken and Bears both especially had problems with Infiltration's poo poo, but then you have guys like MajinObama muddying the waters too so it's a loving mess trying to speak out against any of this when other people with influence try to stick their fingers into the pie too.

Ultradavid also spoke on it, although I kinda wish he went out on it on social media instead of his podcast. Before EVO he did retweet Patrick Miller on the topic but Patrick deleted that tweet and that was all he posted, at least close to EVO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8S7bniPUWw&hd=1&t=7025s

Kikkoman posted:

I haven't been keeping up with SFV so hadn't heard about Chris T in forever. Looks like Cygames dropped him last year because of weed lol... Did he have Opinions about something that got him in trouble?

Crackpr0n got upset at his poo poo and dropped this cute lil' thread: https://twitter.com/PyronIkari/status/1159956869223333888

Then Chris T made some veiled bitchass threats and a Capcom rep made a "hey we're just mentioning the CPT Code of Conduct here and that you can't do threats, no reason" tweet.