Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Thinkin' bout thos umaibo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
This comic is a weird paradox. I'm both invested in what is going to happen but literally could not care less about the main character..

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
"The one you love to hate" factor, most likely.

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

We really need like a 20+ panel breakdown of the Japanese prison menu preparation to get this back on track. Fingers crossed!

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

What on earth is he twisting?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

haha eat poo poo tohru

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Looking forward to toru blaming his parents for his inability to grow wings

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I know it won't happen, but please can that dipshit catch a boot to the neck

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder what they would do if tohru or anybody just came up and said "pls to imprison me, i would like to be a convict"

Can you check into jail.

There's always O. Henry's "The Cop and the Anthem", about a guy living in the streets of New York who wants to find a warm place for the winter.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Stunt posted:

What on earth is he twisting?

Pretty sure it's a Japanese style fingerbox with corks that preserve it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Such a little sociopath.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

and here is me realizing that his last name and the first syllable of his first name spell "NEET"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
suddenly, legitimate thoughts about the justice system. of course he's probably gonna come to some idiotic conclusion in the end, but he has a point

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

and here is me realizing that his last name and the first syllable of his first name spell "NEET"
:aaaaa:

Although to be fair, when was the last time we've even seen his full name? The intro of the comic?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Loving the impotent rage now that he doesn't have his parents to abuse anymore. I hope he snaps and tries something against the guards, gets his rear end beat and additional time added to his sentence for it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

In my experience of the Japanese penal system(*), you have to do one or two boring scenes like this, then you have a long marathon battle, then you get out of jail. He'll be fine

(*)may or may not be Yakuza games

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

He can stand in direct sunlight! He's growing stronger!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also how dare you call any part of this comic boring. this is the pinnacle of entertainment

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Who's his roommate

I want his roommate to teach him the ways of the world, and also how to be a real criminal

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

also how dare you call any part of this comic boring. this is the pinnacle of entertainment

It is quite good

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Even if Tohru is able to break through the concrete barrier he still won't be able to escape his own horrifically twisted priorities and astonishing stupidity.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

jemand posted:

Even if Tohru is able to break through the concrete barrier he still won't be able to escape his own horrifically twisted priorities and astonishing stupidity.

Yes Tohru, the worst that could happen from a failed escape is a change in the job hierarchy not oh I dunno, a longer sentence or moved to solitary but no worries you’ve got this figured out. You idiot buffoon.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I think the main character from Prison Break was a NEET so maybe Tohru has a chance.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Pawn 17 posted:

I think the main character from Prison Break was a NEET so maybe Tohru has a chance.

He was an architect or maybe an engineer. Hold on...

https://prisonbreak.fandom.com posted:

Loyola University, Chicago, Chicago, IL M.S. in Civil Engineering
Earned Magna Cum Laude distinction for graduating with a grade point average in the top five percent of his class (3.98).
Studied under professional engineers Eduardo Rivera, Megan Costa and Ravi Rajendra.
Calloway/Drushal, Chicago, IL Intern: Assisted partners Peter Calloway and Jeff Drugshal with various aspects of managing their architecture firm for four consecutive summers. Duties included:
Applied creative and analytical problems solving skills to multiple advanced building systems.
Developed schematics for sustainable designs in developing urban communities.
Spearheaded low-income renewal project through corporate outreach initiatives.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 15, 2019

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

best bale posted:

Yes Tohru, the worst that could happen from a failed escape is a change in the job hierarchy not oh I dunno, a longer sentence or moved to solitary but no worries you’ve got this figured out. You idiot buffoon.

[VIP Post]

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Crunk posted:

Just binged all 45 pages. Thanks for the "work" Mr. Steak - gonna check out your other links now.

btw if for some insane reason you're interested in me as a translator beyond this comic, even though nothing else i do is even remotely similar to this... the project i put the most effort into and care the most about can be found here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3877416

this is my favorite manga series and i will literally be your friend if you talk to me about it lol.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

this is my favorite manga series and i will literally be your friend if you talk to me about it lol.

Bookmarked it for when I am on pc and can download/read it or whatever else I've gotta do. The synopsis sounds interesting as hell and the art is amazing.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

OP I typically avoid all forms of comics but I like you and your work so I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

OP I typically avoid all forms of comics but I like you and your work so I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

Same

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Finally, the narrator showed up to beat some sense into Tohru

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I was liking Tohru so far but this casual racism is starting to make me reconsider.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Next arc will be set in a high school, with lots of casual pedo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Hey kids, it's Daniel Dae Kim!