Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

tbh I think most people who can't take like a week off work are missing everything but the highlights. I guess I will watch a shitload of vods or something during the day but I'm not sure about the easiest way to do it.

Yeah. I guess I've been lucky until now to always have TI fall during my summer vacation. Alas, not anymore. I barely watched any pro Dotes this year but I can't resist Tee Eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tbh I think most people who can't take like a week off work are missing everything but the highlights. I guess I will watch a shitload of vods or something during the day but I'm not sure about the easiest way to do it.

eight days actually (e: twelve if you count weekends but I'm not technically taking those days off)

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 14, 2019

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
For the past 4 years I've watched TI live. This year will just be replays because not going to stay up all night watching DotA.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Y’all some cowards

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I've sacrificed sleep to watch TI, sad people here won't do the same now that the timezone has changed

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Custom creeps are completely destroying my ability to block and last hit for some bizarre reason. Also feel like they make the game lag. Also, I'm bad at DotA.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/v1lat/status/1161447756776517632

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think Newbee and Infamous fail to make the bracket

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Group B kinda daunting.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I spent too much time looking for the NA qualifier. Newbee should have at least made a RWB knight logo for TI.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

im too old to stay up real late for ti ):

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Y’all some cowards

I might do it for the GFinals... if I'm not despondent from all my favorite teams losing and getting eliminated as per TI tradition.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

IcePhoenix posted:

eight days actually (e: twelve if you count weekends but I'm not technically taking those days off)

Doing the same!

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
I don't get to take time off during this time of year, otherwise i'd definitely consider it. But it being in china is gonna be tough.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm hoping I get real sick and am just on the toilet making GBS threads all night while I watch dota and then sleeping during the day.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That's a rough opening

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

god im loving hyped

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
It would be nice to watch a TI on local time but I am far happier to wake up and have the dota just be starting than be getting sleppy just as it starts.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Snagged from reddit, for those of you who play the fantasy dota stuff in the battle pass, here's the list of teams with an "extra" series on each day.

Day 1: Chaos, Keen, LGD, Liquid, Secret, TNC playing 3 series
Day 2: EG, Infamous, NaVi, NIP, OG, VG playing 3 series
Day 3: Alliance, Chaos, Keen, Mineski, Newbee, Secret playing 3 series
Day 4: EG, Fnatic, Infamous, NiP, RNGU, VG, VP playing 2 series

e: also you can do it online again here - https://www.dota2.com//fantasy/

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 14, 2019

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Ugh do I stay up late for Liquid - Chaos or get up early for Liquid- Secret?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Damnit games start at 3am for me, this is the worst possible timezone. :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This is a great timezone since I can watch dota at work the whole day

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BioThermo posted:

Ugh do I stay up late for Liquid - Chaos or get up early for Liquid- Secret?

stay up late for Liquid-Secret :getin:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

pouring one out for all the europeans that suffer through the hardship of having a tournament be on a bad timezone for them for once

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Red Red Blue posted:

pouring one out for all the europeans that suffer through the hardship of having a tournament be on a bad timezone for them for once

As an european, I much prefer this to normal TI schedule where finals started at like 2 AM

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Red Red Blue posted:

Uhh... we get to watch the actual finals in the morning? Like in my timezone the games start at 5 AM. Like yeah that's early, and during the week its kinda rear end for people going to work, but during the weekend, well, dota starts early.

Like this is the first International where if I want to watch the Grand Finals live, I don't need to stay up until 4 AM - I can just wake up at like 8 AM probably.

edit: what the duck said

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah it's mainly the Americans that got owned this time.

vvv also this guy vvv

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 14, 2019

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
You fools, I work 12 days in a row starting today so I would have missed the entirety of TI regardless of time zone

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah it's mainly the Americans that got owned this time.

vvv also this guy vvv

I had no idea what you were talking about because today's games are at 8pm and 10:30pm for me. Then I flipped to the rest of the week... :gonk:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Andrast posted:

As an european, I much prefer this to normal TI schedule where finals started at like 2 AM

:same: This is WAY worse than NA times. Still no-lifing it as much as I can though.

I'm so excited. I watched OG's True Sight, then OG watching OG's True Sight, then the interview/Q&A with OG after they watched OG's True sight. Last year was magic. This year can't be as good but I'm still all-in for bad-time-zone-DOTAS. :getin:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea East Coast looks like pretty much everything is unwatchable for me. If the times on liquipedia are accurate then almost everything is after 10PM or before 6AM for me. A few games between 6AM - 10AM but they're far and few between.

Watching vods just isn't the same, I like being able to frantically refresh this thread so we can all collectively poo poo ourselves after big plays :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

poemdexter posted:

I had no idea what you were talking about because today's games are at 8pm and 10:30pm for me. Then I flipped to the rest of the week... :gonk:

Yeah there are sets at 1, 3:30, and 6 am as well tonight lol

Like I said:

IcePhoenix posted:

stay up late for Liquid-Secret :getin:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Infamous will make it out of groups by beating OG and RNG while taking a game off of Na'Vi and NiP.

If I'm right, everybody give me 5 bux.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My Hot Take is that there is a pretty decent chance that OG will be a complete dud and some other Euro team will rise up (Alliance? NiP?) with a random top 3 finish

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My Hot Take is that there is a pretty decent chance that OG will be a complete dud and some other Euro team will rise up (Alliance?)

that doesn't seem particularly hot

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ok uhhhh I bet that VP doesn't completely flame out at TI for once

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Ok uhhhh I bet that VP doesn't completely flame out at TI for once

They're my pick to win, because I hate being right and love disappointment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Andrast posted:

that doesn't seem particularly hot

Ice cold take.

Still, they were written off at the start of the last TI as well for good reason and won the whole thing so you never know :v: .

I have this itchy feeling that it's VP's year... but this may not be the first time I've said that.