Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yukari is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I think the last Touhou game I played was Mountain of Faith or UFO. I want to try the new ones but I think I actively avoid it because it will make clear how much my mind and reflexes have slowed since I was younger, which will be a stark reminder of my own mortality.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok zun we get it the USA is hell

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
While we're all wondering how many arms Saki has, we're missing the real question:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'll believe it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Reimu is best, especially blue reimu

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Blue reimu takes the biggest problem that og reimu had, then fixes it

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

While we're all wondering how many arms Saki has, we're missing the real question:

consider option #3: her arm is her hair

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Namtab posted:

Reimu is best, especially blue reimu

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

a cartoon duck posted:

I choose to believe Saki is one-armed and nobody can tell me otherwise.

Imma call her Roulette because she is a one armed bandit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
wish there were more pairup games like SA

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Wish I didn’t get annihilated by Satori every time I play SA

My trick for not feeling old when I play touhous is to never have been good in the first place

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The latest one is a pair-up game, you're just pairing up with yakuza goasts instead of characters with names or portraits.

They still get more lines than Flandre has had, total, since her introduction.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

El Burbo posted:

You know what’s good?

Oni

Agreed.

Turtle Dragon Oni leader of the Goast Otter Yakuza is one of Zun’s best character concepts imo.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

wish there were more pairup games like SA

ZUN knows that'll just incite more shipping wars. Marisa's harem is powerful enough as it is.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

fantasy maiden wars is the strongest pairup game. deploy pairs based on your personal ships

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

The latest one is a pair-up game, you're just pairing up with yakuza goasts instead of characters with names or portraits.

They still get more lines than Flandre has had, total, since her introduction.

give :clap: them :clapclap: names :clapclapclap: and portraits :clapclapclapclap:

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
I was hoping for a Kirin.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Amuys posted:

I was hoping for a Kirin.

Maybe the 4th gang boss is a Kirin. It can be true in your fanfic!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
B-team game where you play as either Sumireko or Kosuzu please

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the sumireko game is real and on steam already though?

Eliza
Feb 20, 2011

Plus she's in 15.5 as a character with her own storyline too.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yeah but I want ANOTHER one <:mad:>

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

nyttyn posted:

there's a lot of dlc, it's all character options but it does feel a bit sleez/much, only one worth
all in all prob a 7.5ish/10 above average but not truly spectacular, worth it for the current price or on sale if you really like touhou, shiren, and are willing to look past the faults. this coming from someone who particularly likes it and is probably more willing to look past its faults than i should be.

Thanks for the review! I’ll put it down for when it’s on sale so I can pick up some dlc too at the same time then

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

One look at Wily Beast and Weakest Creature has me thinking this is going to be UFO-levels of difficult all over again.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Hungry posted:

One look at Wily Beast and Weakest Creature has me thinking this is going to be UFO-levels of difficult all over again.

the otter power gives you invincibility for 5 seconds which seems a bit unbalanced

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Hungry posted:

WBaWC is actually being called one of the easiest games in the entire series, thanks in part to the power-ups and thanks in part to just the spell card design.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Haven't posted here in 2 years but I came to say

rannum posted:

the otter power gives you invincibility for 5 seconds which seems a bit unbalanced
Otter gang represent!
It's seriously busted. And this is nerfed from the trial version I think.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Was Hidden Star considered a tough game?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The first half of it is very easy, but the difficulty spike from 3 to 4 is one of the steepest in the entire series. It ended up pretty hard in the end, with the Backup Dancers being particularly rough.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

That said, I found its extra stage to be one of the easiest in the series. I think ZUN even said that was intentional because that time the extra stage was a continuation of the main plot instead of an only semi-related bonus story?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I didn't realize Forbidden Scrollery was up to volume 7 until I checked this morning. I have rectified my being 2 volumes behind.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
If Reimu should be in Smash then Kiryu and/or Majima should be in TH17

There were a few really awesome jazz albums with Touhou songs from a few years back. Real instruments, real singers. If anyone remembers the names or knows of other good Touhou jazz albums I would love some recs.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

MJP posted:

If Reimu should be in Smash then Kiryu and/or Majima should be in TH17

There were a few really awesome jazz albums with Touhou songs from a few years back. Real instruments, real singers. If anyone remembers the names or knows of other good Touhou jazz albums I would love some recs.

Tokyo Active Neets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP0x75OkD48

They’re still making stuff.

There’s also Swing Holic if you want another jazz recommendation

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 15, 2019

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Active Neets also got an arrangement into the latest fighter.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
I like these two posts too much to see them lost in the thread translation.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Clarste posted:

She dreams of ruling the Beast World, the Human World, and Hell and fully believes that she can.
Yeah that's Miko's horsie alright.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Tewi would be running the entire animal yakuza in a year if she wanted to.

From this thread:

But Sanae is Player Two!

Is the last panel Marisa being kept awake because she can't tell what Reimu's talking about?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kevos Setzer posted:

I like these two posts too much to see them lost in the thread translation.

Yeah that's Miko's horsie alright.

From this thread:

But Sanae is Player Two!

Is the last panel Marisa being kept awake because she can't tell what Reimu's talking about?
[/quote]

Marisa is player 2

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

This might be a long shot, but:

Years ago someone here linked a video of byakuren's life set to some song (I thinki it was a non-touhou song, actually) and the shtick was the entire thing was done in zun's style.

And now I have the maddening feeling of remembering I liked the song & video, but cannot remember any actual specifics

Does this ring any bells to anyone

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Kevos Setzer posted:

But Sanae is Player Two!

That's Marisa waking up from a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

rannum posted:

This might be a long shot, but:

Years ago someone here linked a video of byakuren's life set to some song (I thinki it was a non-touhou song, actually) and the shtick was the entire thing was done in zun's style.

And now I have the maddening feeling of remembering I liked the song & video, but cannot remember any actual specifics

Does this ring any bells to anyone

It's probably one of these.

Unfortunately it's hard to find a specific video because a bunch of the names are in Japanese and a bunch have been lost to the internet. I just remember the Ichirin Burning Down The House video.

Oh wait, I found his Nico: https://www.nicovideo.jp/user/45465

This is probably it: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10055958