Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

they figured out squad streaming :toot:

https://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti_3/squad

e: they have the multicast as part of it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

WTH meanwhile Newbee are beating liquid? This round one is all kinda of hype.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I think it's also worth mentioning that while Ogre totally hosed all over the lane, he's pretty useless into the lategame, especially when Alliance had Tiny and DP as their cores, neither of which cared about having Bloodlust basically at all.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Good game, that. Quite pleased with how well alliance did considering the team/draft they were up against.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Original_Z posted:

Hmm, I wonder if they would have been better just doing BOTs into the base and going for a base race.

They would've still lost but it would be a better ending than just doing nothing, yes

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Why does the TNC Keen game not have official names?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
MidOne is the best player in the world just an fyi

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
Newbee looked really good although I think it was mostly that Liquid drafted viper

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

liquid fell behind with a mid alch and never really recovered. Honestly liquid looked out of sorts all game and is gonna need to step up

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Don't frown because they lost, smile because this happened.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao TNC/Keen doesn't have team logos and has their steam names instead of player names

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think it's also worth mentioning that while Ogre totally hosed all over the lane, he's pretty useless into the lategame, especially when Alliance had Tiny and DP as their cores, neither of which cared about having Bloodlust basically at all.

I mean they first picked Ogre and then had to do something to try to not just instantly lose to Brood, so they went for lane-dom and a strong early. They were out-drafted pretty hard and very nearly won, though Secret fed pretty hard as well. Still, trust in greedy spida and you will win if it goes late, even when you try really hard to lose like Secret and FEED YOUR rear end OFF.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

That Ogre is the reason why Alliance had any chance in the late game though because of how well the lanes went so it was a worthwhile pick still.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

McSharpie posted:

Newbee looked really good although I think it was mostly that Liquid drafted viper

10th picking a viper when you've already picked an alch was a weirdass move, yeah. poo poo, it was an ember spirit mid, and it's not like viper hard counters him or anything

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Nice got the NA crew doing LGD vs Chaos

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Ravus posted:

WTH meanwhile Newbee are beating liquid? This round one is all kinda of hype.

USA
USA
USA

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

TheFlyingLlama posted:

10th picking a viper when you've already picked an alch was a weirdass move, yeah. poo poo, it was an ember spirit mid, and it's not like viper hard counters him or anything

Look at this rear end in a top hat's build, too

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
I unironically enjoy the NA shitcast for the group stage casting

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

These are best 2 out of 3 in the group rounds right

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

I'm trying to imagine a time when I'd actually want to 10th pick a viper and the only thing I can think of is a 9th pick huskar but lord knows you'd just ban the viper then

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Feldegast42 posted:

These are best 2 out of 3 in the group rounds right

no, just two games, overall W-L for standings

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Another Mirana Pick!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Matu Lycan on stream 4, could be fun. Not sure I can pass up another Alliance / Secret game though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Newbee took Wisp/Gyro

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

picking OD into AM sure is a move

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
ooh MidOne Kunkka is gonna be tasty

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Yapzorz invoker :getin:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Yapzor Invoker?

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
Yapzor Invoker, is support Invoker going to be a thing this TI

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Zurreco posted:

Yapzor Invoker?

pubs ruined

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Support kidvoker, time to update my ban priorities.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

I don't get this gyro-no-io last pick with no good egg clear. Someone better at dota than me explain it tia.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

CM gets +250 ASP or something at level 20. Maybe that's good enough?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Ravus posted:

I don't get this gyro-no-io last pick with no good egg clear. Someone better at dota than me explain it tia.

they got alacrity maybe?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

they fixed the squad stream for real now :toot:

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
OK someone needs to fix BSJ's mic on the NA cast

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
yeah that's more what I expected from an Alliance/Secret game

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

emp is just insane value, it's just a menace. laning stage is the most fragile. if he gets runover then it sucks probably, but if he gets away with it with a normal-ish laning phase. Quas Wex invoker is p useful.

Suits the teamfighting playstyle that secret tend to favour

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
A M E R I C A N D O T A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I hope there aren't many more support voker picks, just because I don't want them to start showing up in pubs.