Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Skwirl posted:

If you guys are into podcasts I highly recommend Behind the Bastards, there's a two parter about Steven Seagal with special guest Seanbaby.

His book was also on IDEOTV : https://www.idontevenownatelevision.com/2018/07/08/110-the-way-of-the-shadow-wolves-w-jeb-lund/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I knew Steven Seagal was a piece of poo poo but hadn't heard about the dog stuff. I just read about it and it sounds like something from a parody, Reno 911 or something.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love how he got his certification in akido, namely that the Japanese judge who was grading him was notoriously lax and also fell asleep during Seagal's demonstration.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

I love how he got his certification in akido, namely that the Japanese judge who was grading him was notoriously lax and also fell asleep during Seagal's demonstration.

Is there like a good full article on his dumb rear end?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Skwirl posted:

If you guys are into podcasts I highly recommend Behind the Bastards, there's a two parter about Steven Seagal with special guest Seanbaby.

Seconding that this is a great podcast and equally great breakdown of what a piece of poo poo Seagal is.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ryonguy posted:

Is there like a good full article on his dumb rear end?

The Behind the Bastards podcast mentioned is great. Seagal is an ample (in more ways than one) target, with the addition of Seanbaby being both A) funny and B) has some martial arts experience so he can point out just how full of crap the greasy thick-skulled mumbler is.

In other news: LOL.

https://twitter.com/Qlippot/status/1161395814771691520

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that sounds like it wouldve been hilarious to read

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I feel like this tweet I encountered while reading that lawyer's big Vic thread tbelongs in some kind of museum

https://twitter.com/BanchoX/status/1161603265588531202

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

'Condescend even HARDER' is a bold threat.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Dawgstar posted:

'Condescend even HARDER' is a bold threat.

tfw you can no longer separate anime from reality

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

The Behind the Bastards podcast mentioned is great. Seagal is an ample (in more ways than one) target, with the addition of Seanbaby being both A) funny and B) has some martial arts experience so he can point out just how full of crap the greasy thick-skulled mumbler is.

In other news: LOL.

https://twitter.com/Qlippot/status/1161395814771691520

Actual written article, not nerds mumbling into a mike and laughing at their own jokes?

I prefer to read instead of listen. I don't like having to slow down and process instead of just directly reading text.

ryonguy fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 14, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ryonguy posted:

Actual written article, not nerds mumbling into a mike and laughing at their own jokes?

It's been recommended a couple of times by different folks at this point so just give it a shot and stop listening if you don't like it? The host does have a timeline they go through with Seanbaby commenting on things where appropriate, starting with Seagal claiming to come from the mean streets of Detroit (he did not), so they keep it pretty focused.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Dawgstar posted:

It's been recommended a couple of times by different folks at this point so just give it a shot and stop listening if you don't like it? The host does have a timeline they go through with Seanbaby commenting on things where appropriate, starting with Seagal claiming to come from the mean streets of Detroit (he did not), so they keep it pretty focused.

I'm of the school of thought that when you pad out your criticism of someone with quibbling about their fighting skills and what city they came from and attacks on their body shape, you reduce your credibility and the credibility of whatever substantive points you were going to make, not improve them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fangz posted:

I'm of the school of thought that when you pad out your criticism of someone with quibbling about their fighting skills and what city they came from and attacks on their body shape, you reduce your credibility and the credibility of whatever substantive points you were going to make, not improve them.

A lot of that is not 'quibbling' so much as 'pointing out Seagal is a giant liar on top of his many other sins.'

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Dawgstar posted:

A lot of that is not 'quibbling' so much as 'pointing out Seagal is a giant liar on top of his many other sins.'

Relative to his rape accusations and flirtations with far right politics, those *are* quibbles.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how dare you make fun of this man for lying about every aspect of his life and looking like a corpse that's been in the sun for 4 days

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Gravy Jones posted:

I feel like this tweet I encountered while reading that lawyer's big Vic thread tbelongs in some kind of museum

A) I was happier before I saw that.
B) I am yet again relieved that I didn't have access to the Internet, let alone Twitter, when I was 14.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1161678195701223429

It's nice Nick admits it, at least.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Gravy Jones posted:

This is someone who most definitely studied the blade

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is the condescending of someone who never worked a customer service job. The average call center person would consider that a pleasant customer

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
This troper

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Greg basically replied with "lol what?" then that person blocked him. Which makes it funnier.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

It's like what the rich-girl bully character in a school anime would post. Amazing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I applaud using 'little one' to show innate superiority and withering scorn.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's a hilarious misunderstanding of how internet harassment works that they think that's what gets to people. It's not one well timed bon mot, it's having dozens to hundreds of people saying "die whore" and some of them letting you know they have your home address. Also the same thing happening to all your friends and family.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Skwirl posted:

It's a hilarious misunderstanding of how internet harassment works that they think that's what gets to people. It's not one well timed bon mot, it's having dozens to hundreds of people saying "die whore" and some of them letting you know they have your home address. Also the same thing happening to all your friends and family.

It's the worst thing that's ever happened to them personally

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

That is the condescending of someone who never worked a customer service job. The average call center person would consider that a pleasant customer

Worked at a call center, yeah that’s an average mildly-angry call where I’d just make the :jerkbag: motion the entire time

Wendell
May 11, 2003

That kid is super embarrassing

https://twitter.com/BanchoX/status/1160990602365984769?s=20

But at least all their friends in the comments are nice and supportive!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ew self-identifying as a gamer.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

AND he's a Twitch streamer? :allears:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Is this person somehow tied to actual comics gate stuff, because otherwise it just seems like we're stalking some cringy weirdo.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Found out yesterday due to a new episode of "Death Battle" that apparently every Rooster Teeth community post on YouTube has a thick cadre of Victims (tm 2019, Greg Doucette) talking poo poo in the comments.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1162089410055290880?s=20

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Blessed.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wanderer posted:

Found out yesterday due to a new episode of "Death Battle" that apparently every Rooster Teeth community post on YouTube has a thick cadre of Victims (tm 2019, Greg Doucette) talking poo poo in the comments.

I don't watch anything to do with RT so I wondered if they'd gotten hit by the Vic stans like Funimation had, but didn't figure it was as bad since Vic wasn't suing them.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
How many actualy people bought Cyberfrog? 200 or so that just bought hundreds of copies each?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

E the Shaggy posted:

How many actualy people bought Cyberfrog? 200 or so that just bought hundreds of copies each?

I guarantee we will never have access to anything resembling the actual numbers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wanderer posted:

I guarantee we will never have access to anything resembling the actual numbers.

The various go fund me's should tell us how many people purchased each tier of rewards.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

E the Shaggy posted:

Like bought copies of the comic, or preordered it as a ritual sacrifice to Moloch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nessus posted:

Like bought copies of the comic, or preordered it as a ritual sacrifice to Moloch?

Yeah, it is a largely academic question.