Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Personally I own these items from a time when I was far less aware about metals hosed up fascist poo poo.

I wont sell them and wills till occasionally listen to Burzum.

immortalyawn fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I mean DMDS is still a classic of the genre so Mayhem at least has that

I don't think I'm missing anything by choosing not to listen to actually explicitly fascist bands like Grand Belial's Key or Arghoslent. They might actually make good music but so do a lot of people that aren't neo-nazi trash

Thought: why are most black metal bands so bad at Latin? Surely even in the 90s you could have looked up the correct declensions?

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 12, 2019

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I saw a guy wearing a giant Absurd back patch at a Suffocation show :wtc:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Thought: why are most black metal bands so bad at Latin? Surely even in the 90s you could have looked up the correct declensions?

No fuckin way did any of the second wave guys pay enough attention in school to even understand what declensions are

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I saw a guy wearing a giant Absurd back patch at a Suffocation show :wtc:

man at bird show shocked by sight of budgie

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I went to a Suffocation show in the 90's with the 16 year old girl that played drums in the band I was in at the time. A group of guys approached me and offered flyers signed by the band and a hotel room for the night if I was cool letting my "girlfriend" hang out with the band for the evening.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Happy Hedonist posted:

I went to a Suffocation show in the 90's with the 16 year old girl that played drums in the band I was in at the time. A group of guys approached me and offered flyers signed by the band and a hotel room for the night if I was cool letting my "girlfriend" hang out with the band for the evening.

I hope you framed those!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
new MGLA track from their upcoming LP is on youtube, and also they are probably definitely nazis so :(

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A human heart posted:

man at bird show shocked by sight of budgie

Suffocation: American death metal band with a black guitarist
Absurd: actual neo-nazi trash

Are you saying that these two are somehow the same?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

i'm saying that a dude who likes one metal band is not that unlikely to be found at a concert for another metal band, especially a band as well known as suffocation. like i'm sure you'll find a few nsbm patches at almost any big death metal gig, it's just not a particularly unusual occurrence.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A human heart posted:

i'm saying that a dude who likes one metal band is not that unlikely to be found at a concert for another metal band, especially a band as well known as suffocation. like i'm sure you'll find a few nsbm patches at almost any big death metal gig, it's just not a particularly unusual occurrence.

I've mentioned that the Boston metal scene leans pretty hard left before. Not to say that there aren't racist shitheads, but the general vibe I get around here is that NSBM and its ilk are not welcome. I've seen more anti-nazi patches than NSBM ones, including at black metal shows, hence my surprise.

Boston definitely has some lovely history when it comes to racism (gently caress Mark Wahlberg), but our metal scene is pretty diverse.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Boston definitely has some lovely history when it comes to racism (gently caress Mark Wahlberg), but our metal scene is pretty diverse.

poo poo! Now you're saying that Mark Wahlberg is racist and I can't watch those obnoxious Transformer movies!?!?!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

poo poo! Now you're saying that Mark Wahlberg is racist and I can't watch those obnoxious Transformer movies!?!?!

He's definitely been in better things than that, but he's committed multiple hate crimes and expressed no remorse beyond the standard celebrity "I was a dumb kid please forgive me and don't make me face any consequences" non-apology

quote:

In June 1986, Wahlberg and three friends chased after three black children while yelling "Kill the n*gger, kill the n*gger" and throwing rocks at them. The next day, Wahlberg and others followed a group of schoolchildren taking a field trip on a beach, yelled racial epithets at them, threw rocks at them, and "summoned other white males who joined" in the harassment. In August 1986, civil action was filed against Wahlberg for violating the civil rights of his victims, and the case was settled the next month.

In April 1988, Wahlberg assaulted a middle-aged Vietnamese man on the street, calling him a "Vietnam loving poo poo" and knocking him unconscious with a large wooden stick. Wahlberg attacked a second Vietnamese man later the same day, punching him in the eye.

In August 1992, Wahlberg fractured the jaw of a neighbor in an unprovoked attack. Court documents state that in 1992, Wahlberg "without provocation or cause, viciously and repeatedly kicked" a man in the face while another man held the victim on the ground.

Mark Wahlberg is a piece of poo poo.

e: gently caress that whole loving family but especially Mark

e2: it doesn't specify his neighbor's ethnicity in the 1992 incident but I'd be willing to bet given Mark's history that he was probably not white

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 13, 2019

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

marky mark to guest on the new arghoslent album, you heard it here first folks

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A human heart posted:

marky mark to guest on the new arghoslent album, you heard it here first folks

lol

hey Lifeglug I just wanted to say I love your song titles. Particularly "Wizard Bastard" and "Devouring a God".

I've been listening to the two preorder tracks and I'm really loving the atmosphere of "Warming Decay". Very excited for the release.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Racists aren’t like vampires who can’t be in the room if a black person is making art. I’m sure he has his own mental gymnastics or thinks Terrance Hobbs is One of the Good Ones or something.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Henchman of Santa posted:

Racists aren’t like vampires who can’t be in the room if a black person is making art.

wouldn't it be cool if they were, though

play Miles Davis at a klansman and he just melts like the Nazi in Raiders of the Lost Ark

It's just surprising to me because there tends to be less of that in the local Boston scene, but I guess shitheads will travel for bigger bands

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Bertrand Hustle posted:

lol

hey Lifeglug I just wanted to say I love your song titles. Particularly "Wizard Bastard" and "Devouring a God".

I've been listening to the two preorder tracks and I'm really loving the atmosphere of "Warming Decay". Very excited for the release.

Hey, cheers.

This time around because I've been listening to poo poo like Panopticon there's influence from that into there, which brings in a bunch of post-rock style progressions and crescendos. In one of the tracks, Matyr, it sounds like something ripped straight off from Explosions in the Sky, because I am like that.

Also Wizard Bastard is probably being the biggest pain in the arse to write for, everything else has a theme associated with it or some kind of event that inspired it, Wizard Bastard on the other hand just sounded funny. And it's basically illegal to write lyrics for a black metal song to be just funny. It's also one of my favourite tracks, if not my favourite on the album, so it would be a shame to not give it what it deserves.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Racists aren’t like vampires who can’t be in the room if a black person is making art. I’m sure he has his own mental gymnastics or thinks Terrance Hobbs is One of the Good Ones or something.

remember when spear of longinus covered a blasphemy song? and then blasphemy said that they thought it was a pretty good cover. hell, they were right! great job everyone

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

1349 just announced a tour with Uada, who were apparently accused of being Nazis for... playing at the same festival as Graveland? They didn't have the most graceful response to the controversy but I'm reasonably sure they're not actually Nazis

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm pretty sure most bands just take whatever festival offer they can get.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

I'm pretty sure most bands just take whatever festival offer they can get.

A bunch of people on twitter are giving Dawn Ray'd poo poo for doing a fest with Mayhem and MGLA, and it's dumb for pretty much that reason.

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004
What the gently caress is going in this thread? A bunch of mewling amature Simon Wiesenthals trying to suss out wrong think in black metal?

Who gives a poo poo. If the music moves you, loving enjoy it.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Evil_Urna posted:

What the gently caress is going in this thread? A bunch of mewling amature Simon Wiesenthals trying to suss out wrong think in black metal?

naw gently caress nazis

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

my bony fealty posted:

naw gently caress nazis

:emptyquote:

It's 2019, we don't support Nazis, rapists, or abusers

Apparently what happened with Uada is they didn't say "gently caress nazis" loud enough for some people, which, yeah, there needs to be more people willing to criticize fascists and call them out, but that doesn't make them Nazis, it's not like they thanked a known Holocaust denier in their liner notes

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 16, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Evil_Urna posted:

no

my bony fealty posted:

naw gently caress nazis

Bertrand Hustle posted:

:emptyquote:

It's 2019, we don't support Nazis, rapists, or abusers

yes

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Also there is straight up some really vicious leftist queer BM now and I loving love that that's a thing

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Also there is straight up some really vicious leftist queer BM now and I loving love that that's a thing

My you are just a loving hoot and a half.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

found the nazi

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Evil_Urna posted:

My you are just a loving hoot and a half.

Coming out of the gate strong with your only two posts in this thread.

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

found the nazi

:ghost: I am the spooky ghost of Eichmann. :ghost: ooooOoOooOooo. I am coming to implement fascism in your music OOooOoOoOo.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Evil_Urna posted:

:ghost: I am the spooky ghost of Eichmann. :ghost: ooooOoOooOooo. I am coming to implement fascism in your music OOooOoOoOo.

your posting sure is banal enough

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

your posting sure is banal enough

You all are like "nazis, racism, butt stuff" I just want to grill and listen to Wehrhammer for gods sake.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Evil_Urna posted:

You all are like "nazis, racism, butt stuff" I just want to grill and listen to Wehrhammer for gods sake.

yeah uh who said anything about butt stuff?

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

Bertrand Hustle posted:

yeah uh who said anything about butt stuff?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
:ohno:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

logging in to the comedy forum to completely and utterly own simon wiesenthal and butt lovers worldwide

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Kilometers Davis posted:

logging in to the comedy forum to completely and utterly own simon wiesenthal and butt lovers worldwide

lol his rap sheet is a fun read, transphobia, racism, and he was one of the fun little idiots calling Skyler a oval office in the Breaking Bad thread

real bright spark, this one, how bout he heils the gently caress on outta here

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

most of the overtly leftist bands that have been posted in here have been mediocre at best. these kinds of bands would be much easier to take seriously if they could actually write a good riff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A human heart posted:

most of the overtly leftist bands that have been posted in here have been mediocre at best.

Neckbeard Deathcamp is at least funny, and I find the music enjoyable for what it is: lo-fi BM that sounds like it was recorded in a broom closet.