Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

queeb posted:

secret vs alliance game 1 is real good

Would that game be technically one of the only mega-creep comebacks in TI history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
EG looks like poo poo.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The problem with Alliance is that has been the book on them for this roster. They usually play really well in lots of games but make one or two bad decisions and throw. I don't know if they can figure it out while at TI but I doubt it

TI is a crucible. Lots of teams have issues at the start of TI that start to disappear as the tournament goes on.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

mikeraskol posted:

EG looks like poo poo.

I love that, year in year out, I can catch up on Dota and mikeraskol is posting this every time and is right every time :hmmyes:

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

drafting that stale rear end arteezy lifestealer back to back to back to back

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ench and lifestealer arent winning

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

EG looks like poo poo.

evergreen shitpost :v:

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Tbf EG looked pretty bad at epicenter too

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Feels like EG have been running the same strats all year and uh I'm not confident it's gonna get them to 3rd this time

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ambivalent posted:

drafting that stale rear end arteezy lifestealer back to back to back to back

They need a new coach imo

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

They need a new coach imo

I think this is true. Bulba ain't it

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Thom and the Heads posted:

I think this is true. Bulba ain't it

They wont ever get a new coach because Bulba isn't a coach, he's their friend on the payroll

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

they've replaced bulba before with svg didn't they?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
s4 has underperformed, rtz has underperformed, crit missed a ton of stuff, idk if Bulba is the problem

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bulba is always the problem

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah the biggest issue with EG is that they look like they're just going through the motions every single game. It seems to be way more a player motivation issue than not understanding some sort of fundamental information about the metagame. You can imagine the team sitting there looking disinterested as everyone plays the same heroes every game, making the same mistakes

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
OG won ti after being poo poo in the first 2 days of group stage. Literally anything is possible.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Also I think Secret is in a weird Alliance in TI3 or Wings in TI6 position. I think every team needs is going to be gunning for them and Secret has historically shown problems in the bracket as people figure them out.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

OG won ti after being poo poo in the first 2 days of group stage. Literally anything is possible.

If fuckingmad can win a TI anyone can.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

It's not worth looking into day 1 performance too much but OG had to play LGD, Liquid and EG for their first 3 group stage games.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

I love that, year in year out, I can catch up on Dota and mikeraskol is posting this every time and is right every time :hmmyes:

I have only one note but I'll be drat if it isn't a good one

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thom and the Heads posted:

how'd we do today?

I thought I did well but apparently not lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Arzachel posted:

It's not worth looking into day 1 performance too much but OG had to play LGD, Liquid and EG for their first 3 group stage games.

And OG got bodied by EG in groups last year and then in turn were able to beat them convincingly in bracket!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

And OG got bodied by EG in groups last year and then in turn were able to beat them convincingly in bracket!

On the other hand, Sumail just building whatever the gently caress he wanted in game 2 vs Fnatic because gently caress lifestealer. I get the feeling nobody on EG really even likes anyone on EG very much.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Arzachel posted:

It's not worth looking into day 1 performance too much

Yup

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

I have a few questions since I haven't watched for a while:
1. Is there a good guide to the current meta?
2. Why does Tobi still have a microphone?
3. Did EE gently caress up in a baffling way to not make it to TI?
4. Can I leave china to ppd?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CampingCarl posted:

I have a few questions since I haven't watched for a while:
1. Is there a good guide to the current meta?
2. Why does Tobi still have a microphone?
3. Did EE gently caress up in a baffling way to not make it to TI?
4. Can I leave china to ppd?

No because we have a single day of the tournament to go off of
Because he's still a good caster even though a few people here cry about him like he's the worst ever for some weird reason
Not really
Always

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

No because we have a single day of the tournament to go off of
Because he's still a good caster even though a few people here cry about him like he's the worst ever for some weird reason
Not really
Always

Some weird reason.

Also I just can't stand his voice, and the way he pronounces Drow/Aegis.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

I'm hoping EG pull it together enough to have a complete clownshoes match versus OG in an hour, that's all I want from today.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1162157756230430720

owns

Sab669 posted:

Some weird reason.

This has nothing to do with his casting though

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Tobi sucks and still has a job because he’s a legacy and people who only care about hype like his loud idiot voice

Sorry but this is flatly true

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

The upper bracket meeting almost was an "easy" 2-0 for EG before the true ana shenanigans started that carried them through the rest of TI

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
so we all agree that the TI intro is just a whole mess of unused Artifact artwork right

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
jfc the twitch chat is even worse than the cesspool it usually is, it's just people spamming "tiananmen square" over and over

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
OH IT'S GRUDGE MATCH TIME

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
drama match bois here we go

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

gently caress ceb lets get it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Let’s go eg.