Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dragon Quest 11 on Sep 27th is gonna put me in the grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

American McGay posted:

The Doom music was different on every single piece of hardware back in the day so it's kinda weird that there are people out there who think there's a "correct" way for the Doom music to sound.
Well it's at least better than the GBA version which hosed up the track order.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Looper posted:

i agree with what you're saying but i do wanna point out that in previous games, supports were just two portraits talking at each other. this is the first fe with models and camera work and full voice acting in those conversations lol

This is my first FE game, but I figured that previous titles did it like a visual novel which I find hella tedious. I will say the characterization is well done; I can do the lost item quests pretty much instantly when it's one of the students from my house because I've learned all their little quirks and idiosyncrasies. Students from other houses are more difficult because of course they are, I don't spend all day teaching them. Even if they're not in my house the lost items become easier if I actively interact with people, like Leonie because she knows my dad, or Raphael because he's my big beefy boy. I can't wait to do playthroughs as the other houses.

Also I want Bernie and Raphael to become a power couple so whenever I take him for mission assistance he's there running defense for her.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astral Chain looks really good and the previews are making me consider getting it at launch now.

That looks pretty good. I was just thinking that BB should be on the NES online games.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 15, 2019

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The music is fine. You don’t notice it after like 10 seconds in the game

They still hosed up the lighting, shading, and multiplayer in a twenty-five year old game that already had HD versions with proper rendering and music last generation.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

Dragon Quest 11 on Sep 27th is gonna put me in the grave.

Also Link's Awakening on Sept 20.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

This is how Doom sounded back in the day if you weren't a billionaire with a Roland or something. There were tons of sound cards, but most of them used the same Yamaha OPL3 synth chip or a clone of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHKWjvMwQgU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I love that Doom64 never really had music, just creepy ambient sounds. It was perfect and amazing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cartoon Man posted:

I love that Doom64 never really had music, just creepy ambient sounds. It was perfect and amazing.

I really hope the rumors are true and it’s getting a port too. It did what Doom 3 tried to do years earlier and did a better job at it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Maybe patch in music options like it's 2019 or something so that you can hear DOOM's plagiarized soundtrack however you prefer it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I really hope the rumors are true and it’s getting a port too. It did what Doom 3 tried to do years earlier and did a better job at it.

I would love to play through it with some decent lighting. It was so drat dark on N64.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Does Gamestop show stock for the new Switch model on their site? All their entries in my area show an image of the old box and they're saying my entire state is out of stock.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hat in Time coming Oct. 18th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lum0XMhkw4

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hat in Time more like Hat in ABOUT TIME IT CAME TO THE SWITCH

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

yeah! :yeah:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cripes, there are so many games coming out in the next few months.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How was this game?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

SeANMcBAY posted:

How was this game?

it's a really good mario 64 game!

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

SeANMcBAY posted:

How was this game?

It's fine

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Better than Yooka Laylee?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I read an article that said that three of the top four best selling games in July were Switch exclusives. FE:TH was number 2, MUA3 was number 3 and Mario Maker 2 was number 4.

yay switch!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That’s cool to see a FE game selling so well.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
yeah I'm pleasantly surprised FE is now making traction in the west, it's a shame that I'm buying the new switch sometime this month with smash and zelda so it's gonna be a while before I get around to getting Fire emblem.

I think the priority list for games in the future is:-

1. Luigi's mansion 3

2. Mario Maker 2

3. Fire Emblem.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 16, 2019

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I did the Switch trade today. I didn't mind losing my save data for the few games that don't support the online backup, so I didn't bother with an in-store system transfer.

I forgot how nice and textured the Joycon are when they're brand new.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I feel like now more than ever Nintendo's really fully capitalized on the strength of themselves as a brand (rather than any individual IP - Marvel style), with Fire Emblem maybe being the biggest example of it paying off

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

asecondduck posted:

I did the Switch trade today. I didn't mind losing my save data for the few games that don't support the online backup, so I didn't bother with an in-store system transfer.

I forgot how nice and textured the Joycon are when they're brand new.

I’m getting all my poo poo together to do this tomorrow and yeah I think I’ll just not worry if they don’t let me do a system transfer. I will make sure to deauthorize the device as I saw someone post about it earlier.

That said, does anyone have the link of which games don’t have cloud save?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m getting all my poo poo together to do this tomorrow and yeah I think I’ll just not worry if they don’t let me do a system transfer. I will make sure to deauthorize the device as I saw someone post about it earlier.

That said, does anyone have the link of which games don’t have cloud save?

https://en-americas-support.nintend...cloud-backup%3F

pre:
1-2 Switch
Bass Pro Shops: The Strike - Championship Edition
Blade II - The Return Of Evil
Cabela's: The Hunt - Championship Edition
Catan
Color Zen Kids
DARK SOULS: REMASTERED
Dawn of the Breakers
Death Mark
Dungeon Stars
EA SPORTS FIFA 18
EA SPORTS FIFA 19
EXORDER
Fortnite
Gems of War
GO VACATION
Lightseekers
Minecraft
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
Modern Combat Blackout
NBA 2K Playgrounds 2
Nidhogg 2
Pixel Devil and the Broken Cartridge
Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!
Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
The Raven Remastered
Robbie Swifthand and the Orb of Mysteries
Sid Meier's Civilization VI
Splatoon 2
SUPER DRAGON BALL HEROES WORLD MISSION - Launch Edition
Taimumari: Complete Edition
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions

There are a few there that might matter to people (but not me).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don’t mind restarting Dark Souls and Let’s Go is annoying but again I didn’t do much outside of going through the story so I’ll just go through it again if need be.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Losing my Splantoon 2 save would loving suck so I'll make sure to do the transfer when I upgrade.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Got all my poo poo ready to go but decided to take a peek on GameStop’s website and apparently none of the GS around here have Switches in stock. Guess it’s making calls time tomorrow to hunt for a new one.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Got all my poo poo ready to go but decided to take a peek on GameStop’s website and apparently none of the GS around here have Switches in stock. Guess it’s making calls time tomorrow to hunt for a new one.

Right, I just asked about checking stock on their website but nobody had an answer. I ended up calling and the guy at the store acted like they wouldn't be seeing another of the new models for a while.

I guess if you're calling around make sure they're actually telling you they have the new model in the different box and not just new stock of the old model.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

So if the Switch Lite is released on 9/20 and DQ XI is released on 9/27, what should I do for that week? There's a good sized backlog of games I'm interested in playing but there's also the fun of playing a new game at release. Maybe less for DQ XI since it's been released on other consoles a year ago.

I don't think any of the games I'm interested in playing can be finished or substantially completed in one weekend. Maybe I should play demos for a week until DQ XI hits?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Super Mario Odyssey is a good choice to kill some time.

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

How is Steamworld Quest? Worth the $19.99 sale price? How does the combat compare to Slay the Spire? Looks pretty similar in that regard

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Fight Crab when

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

More GameStop trade in chat.

I really can’t be bothered to unhook my dock can I just bring in the base switch and they can pull whatever from the new box?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can't be bothered to unhook your dock? What the gently caress?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tesh posted:

How is Steamworld Quest? Worth the $19.99 sale price? How does the combat compare to Slay the Spire? Looks pretty similar in that regard

Steamworld Quest is a lot of fun. It's shamelessly inspired by STS but is pretty different in that it's a more traditional party-based RPG, not a random one. I think it was worth full price and $20 is a good shot at it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

American McGay posted:

You can't be bothered to unhook your dock? What the gently caress?

The power cable is behind the entertainment center and everything is already routed correctly.

:shrug:

No reason to pull it all out if I don’t have to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Leavemywife posted:

Super Mario Odyssey is a good choice to kill some time.

I'm assuming that's a playformer. I suck at platformers. I'm not opposed to platformer demos though.

I think Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem are two games out now that I'm most interested in. Link's Awakening comes out close to DQ XI and I think I'm more interested in DQ XI.

I think I want some demos or I might wait until DQ XI comes out to play a full game.