Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I was so bummed when they took away the `kraut and onions at the condiment stand, the plastic cups just feel wasteful to ask for. I understand it though because costco customers are loving disgusting animals who would probably wash their feet in an unattended soda dispenser if given half a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

DiggityDoink posted:

I wish they were pickled onions but they're just chopped fresh onions. A pickled onion dispenser would be fuckin legit.

Pickle them yourself in a mix of mustard and soda water

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

priznat posted:

I was so bummed when they took away the `kraut and onions at the condiment stand, the plastic cups just feel wasteful to ask for. I understand it though because costco customers are loving disgusting animals who would probably wash their feet in an unattended soda dispenser if given half a chance.

I saw a Costco employee dumping onions into the onionizer and mixing them around with her bare hands

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Fallom posted:

I saw a Costco employee dumping onions into the onionizer and mixing them around with her bare hands

No different than the clergy at any other church.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Re: puma socks

I bought the black ones to use as dress socks and most of mine have holes now. Time to buy more and donate any still around in good shape.
I buy socks all at once, so that I only ever have two sets of socks... athletic ankle socks and calf length dress socks. I keep them separate. I hate looking for matching socks if you can’t tell.

Any recommendations for men’s dress socks currently or is there only one choice at the Costco?

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
I find the puma socks hold up really well and I eventually have to toss them when they lose elasticity and don't fit snug enough anymore. They end up sliding down a bit and will cause my shoes to rub on the back of my ankle.
Usually last a couple years before they hit that point

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
And to double down on my previous endorsement, the second and newer pack of Puma socks were even better quality than the first, and not just comparing worn to brand new. Thicker toes and heels.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I really like Costco's Trail socks, even if they change the style slightly from time to time. They're $18 for a six pack this year, it seems. I'm pretty sure I was buying them in 4-packs before.

72% merino wool is crazy compared to a similar product from Cabela's, which is only 20%. REI has a similar (in construction) sock for $20/pair; I got some for Christmas one year but I rarely wear them.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
The women's wool socks are so much better than the men's. Less bulky, softer, and they come in better colors.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I'm just waiting for more Jachs Flannels to be put out. I need the new colors man!

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Went to church the other day and saw they had an in-house pre-made chicken street tacos kit. Picked it up, had it for dinner and it was rad. Would definitely recommend.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Enjoying a tub of Bitchin Sauce with a larger tub of Utz Pub Mix. Thanks for the recommendation thread.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The Iberico Bellotta Chorizo and Salami is real good.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

namlosh posted:

Re: puma socks

I bought the black ones to use as dress socks and most of mine have holes now. Time to buy more and donate any still around in good shape.
I buy socks all at once, so that I only ever have two sets of socks... athletic ankle socks and calf length dress socks. I keep them separate. I hate looking for matching socks if you can’t tell.

Any recommendations for men’s dress socks currently or is there only one choice at the Costco?

Once they had wool Gold Toe dress socks on sale and I still wish I had bought more pairs

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

fordham posted:

No different than the clergy at any other church.

we all drink from the same chalice (with refill)

have faith, brothers.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So any tips on baking the Kirkland take and bake pizza? I know everyone says it sucks, but any way to make it suck less?

I have a pizza stone...

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 17, 2019

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Son lemme tell you about Costco’s food court pizza...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

they already took it and baked it for you

it's right over there

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

It's too late, my brother already bought one for this weekend :(

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The take and bake pizza is literally not even pizza, it's closer to some kind of low-grade focaccia with toppings.

That being said you can definitely make it better. Finely chop or press a bunch of garlic and put it into a small bowl with olive oil and/or butter, then take a brush and brush the whole thing, then add some pickled jalapenos or other favorite spicy thing.

This will make it edible.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So any tips on baking the Kirkland take and bake pizza? I know everyone says it sucks, but any way to make it suck less?

I have a pizza stone...

What! It's great. It's just loving huge. Never fits in my oven. Gotta cut dat bitch in half or something. Unless you have a huge oven.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

What! It's great. It's just loving huge. Never fits in my oven. Gotta cut dat bitch in half or something. Unless you have a huge oven.

Its been years since I've had it but I know posters in this thread have been pretty down on it. No doubt that I'll still eat whatever comes out of the oven though.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

RJWaters2 posted:

Enjoying a tub of Bitchin Sauce with a larger tub of Utz Pub Mix. Thanks for the recommendation thread.

Think it is currently on sale too!

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Costco take and bake pizza is one of my least favorite pizzas I've ever had. I'd probably take a $3 Red Barron pizza over it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its been years since I've had it but I know posters in this thread have been pretty down on it. No doubt that I'll still eat whatever comes out of the oven though.

People also dislike the Chicken Bake. These people can't be trusted.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Costco take and bake pizza is one of my least favorite pizzas I've ever had. I'd probably take a $3 Red Barron pizza over it.

Deep dish Red Baron is one of my favorite memories of growing up. The 6 pack of personal size ones. :catdrugs:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

People also like the Chicken Bake. These people can't be trusted.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Warbird posted:

People also like the Chicken Bake. These people can't be trusted.

lilbeefer posted:

uhhh

suck my goddam balls?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Old chicken bake was glorious. New chicken bake is of lesser quality. Still not terrible though; have you tried stuffing a hotdog in one?

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
I think I want to like the chicken bake, but it's a quarter air rather than filling

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
It's pretty easy, if you like the current chicken bake, gently caress off to Sams Club forever. Not because we want you to leave, but because YOU would be happy there.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The chicken bake is 90% warm Caesar dressing and bread.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I don't know if someone mentioned this earlier, but the Sony Bluetooth headphones on sale in the US right now are amaaaaazing. I use them on my daily bus commute and while flying and they have great sound, noise-cancellation, are comfy af, and have a long battery life. It's a screaming deal too. A+++ highly recommend.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

We took our rolling grocery cart and headed over to the co today. Picked up mostly standard kitchen staples, but we also bought a tub of tabbouleh style cauliflower feta salad.

Goddamn is this stuff good. I hope it isn't just a summer-only thing.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

binge crotching posted:

The chicken bake is 90% warm Caesar dressing and bread.

Probably a huge seller in the Midwest.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I don't know if someone mentioned this earlier, but the Sony Bluetooth headphones on sale in the US right now are amaaaaazing. I use them on my daily bus commute and while flying and they have great sound, noise-cancellation, are comfy af, and have a long battery life. It's a screaming deal too. A+++ highly recommend.

I agree with this. They are my second choice to the Bose. I really wanted to get the Sony ones but they just weren’t comfortable for my head.

If you travel and they fit you well the Sony ones are amazing.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Chicken bake is great and if I wasn't cutting carbs I'd get one right now.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

arisu posted:

Chicken bake is great and if I wasn't cutting carbs I'd get one right now.

It's great when you want a warm beverage in the winter.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Wow that’s possibly the grossest thing. 🤢

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

SirPablo posted:

O.0