Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lmao i just watched that game 1 OG/NIP game and that carry wisp was hilarious. I love OG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I still have faith in Peter to do something to drag his poo poo rear end team to the stage but man that team needs to explode as soon as this is over

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Knowlue posted:

I see eg still have vg's number

EG is saving strats. VG out-thought the drafts.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zurreco posted:

EG is saving strats.

:lol:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

I see we're all going to pretend watching this live wasn't a disaster day 1

It was? I mean they had a huge lovely delay at the start, but after the games got rolling it was all smooth for me.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Zurreco posted:

EG is saving strats.

I mean, winning is a strat I guess.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Any must see game besides the OGxNiP?

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

ZZZorcerer posted:

If you like Morph aghs shenanigans:

Alliance/ Keen G2 (featuring allied pudge)

VP/VG G1 from last night if you missed it (feat. allied Earthshaker + Daedalus)

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

ZZZorcerer posted:

Liquid vs LGD was p. cool, EG vs VG game 2 had a silly ending.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OG vs. EG because EG losing is always good

(it has been a good year)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Navi v Infamous was an extremely good and weird series

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

It’s nuts to think Navi might place well this year

What a world

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

OG vs. EG because EG losing is always good

(it has been a good year)
:hmmyes:

Buddy of mine despises OG cuz they kept beating his favorite teams (EG, whatever team PPD or Puppey was on) and now he's pivoted to hating them because Ceb is on their team. His reasoning is that Ceb is the most toxic player in all of dota so I laughed and laughed at him.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

i wouldn't say he's the most toxic but he's certainly up there

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My buddies been playing games with me for a few years but has only really followed the pro scene since last TI. He loves Team Secret and Puppey and really hates Arteezy but I think we both are rooting for OG this year.

Really interesting to see the unpicked heros so far. No love for m'boi Clockwerk :'(

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Puppey has been saving strats since TI2

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Puppey has been saving strats since TI2

That's just good long-term planning

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Never forget:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Please please tell me there's player cam footage of G1 OG v NIP, speicifically this part:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeafNimbleMulePanicBasket

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Just wanted to remind y'all that ppd has won exactly one game so far

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Red Red Blue posted:

i wouldn't say he's the most toxic but he's certainly up there

I hadn’t heard anything about Ceb being toxic, but I do know that hating OG for having a toxic player on their team while simultaneously rooting for EG is fuckin :laffo:

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
can we please not wade into who is and who is not toxic already

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Thom and the Heads posted:

can we please not wade into who is and who is not toxic already

dota is toxic

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I hadn’t heard anything about Ceb being toxic, but I do know that hating OG for having a toxic player on their team while simultaneously rooting for EG is fuckin :laffo:

Ceb infamously raged about Russians before the epicenter major in a pub. It’s not the first time he did this either and he’s never faced any punishments for it up to that point. Infamously was also very toxic online and against other players when he was just a broadcast talent, pre OG. Before he won TI, everyone would clown on him for a lot of these things. But he’s won ti now so it’s all Gucci (until it wasnt)

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
To be fair, most pro players are toxic af in pubs. Ceb gets a lot of flack for it but how much of that is because of him talking poo poo about NA on twitter and how much of that is him actually being super toxic

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Ceb called russians "animals" a couple times in a pub match and as a punishment he got docked a month's pay, a tournament's-worth of winnings, and offered up an apology that makes sense. Ceb's fuse is one of the shortest in the business but his apology seemed sincere and they haven't had any meltdowns since *checks notes* May. I thought the punishment was suitable to the infraction and Solo threatened to boycott the Epicenter tournament unless Ceb was banned, which struck me as a ridiculous demand. The problem is that 90% of dotes pros are basically children who were raised on the internet and among some of the most toxic individuals and communities ever known to human kind. This is hyperbole, but if you don't like racism, misogyny, or xenophobia, then it's hard to like pro dota. Don't meet your heroes, etc etc.

entywayz I'm looking forward to more dota tonight :toot:

Re: carry IO:

https://twitter.com/OGesports/status/1162281208954232832

scuz fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 16, 2019

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

scuz posted:

Ceb called russians "animals" a couple times in a pub match and as a punishment he got docked a month's pay, a tournament's-worth of winnings, and offered up an apology that makes sense. Ceb's fuse is one of the shortest in the business but his apology seemed sincere and they haven't had any meltdowns since *checks notes* May. I thought the punishment was suitable to the infraction and Solo threatened to boycott the Epicenter tournament unless Ceb was banned, which struck me as a ridiculous demand. The problem is that 90% of dotes pros are basically children who were raised on the internet and among some of the most toxic individuals and communities ever known to human kind. This is hyperbole, but if you don't like racism, misogyny, or xenophobia, then it's hard to like pro dota. Don't meet your heroes, etc etc.

The other half of this is that it's really common for people to grief pro players in their pubs

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Monthly reminder that MAGA ppd was back in the pure irony internet age of Trump memes before he was like a real viable candidate and I assume he doesn't actually like him

To wit:

https://twitter.com/Phillip_Aram/status/705942104657104896

https://twitter.com/phillip_aram/status/705942081777197056?lang=en

(I don't actually know what Peter's politics are and don't really give a poo poo)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
He’s not a trump supporter, that’s a quick google search but ok

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
PPD is obviously not a Trump supporter, I'll edit that outta my post and I shouldn't've put it in there, but ppd is still a salty bitch.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

scuz posted:

PPD is obviously not a Trump supporter, I'll edit that outta my post and I shouldn't've put it in there, but ppd is still a salty bitch.

For sure but he is at least has a sense of humor about being a salty guy, where as lots of pro players are just mean assholes

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
That's a good point. He also hasn't done anything like Puppey'ing people outta money and that kinda stuff.

I will always be a fan of n0tail cuz he's just a beautiful person

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/films/AP-1ZSMAW8FH2111?linkId=71662001

This is a great video about OG and focuses a lot on n0tail and Fly.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Getting upset about a game that your life literally revolves around seems pretty normal, especially when your livelihood is both totally uncertain and also based solely on performance results. So yeah, big surprise pro players hate it when someone recognizes them and ruins their pubs when they're trying to practice for an event that will decide their futures.

The difference is that PPD just gets general mad and communicates more, so it's more visible. On the flipside, when Ceb gets mad he turns into an piece of poo poo and is willing to say absolutely anything to hurt someone's feelings, which is the sign of a bad person. Plus, he doesn't lash out on twitter, so until someone brings forward what he says in pubs, it's out of the public eye. Someone laughed at me for comparing Bulba to Mason, but I'm guessing that's because when Bulba yells racial slurs over mic it doesn't get reported because you can't grab a screenshot, meanwhile Mason's racism is pretty well-reported.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ppd is indeed a salty bitch and I love him for it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Notail has also thrown down homophobic slurs while casting and never apologized for that. Also his team is all about friendship and stuff except for the time he kicked moonmeander:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4zn999/moon_gets_too_fucking_real_for_epi_i_guess_the/

He’s not a saint either

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Ti6 OG was also a team of friends until they lost to tnc and immediately kicked everyone

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Also his team is all about friendship and stuff except for the time he kicked moonmeander:

There's footage of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEt0nBwwIHE

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Notail has also thrown down homophobic slurs while casting and never apologized for that. Also his team is all about friendship and stuff except for the time he kicked moonmeander:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4zn999/moon_gets_too_fucking_real_for_epi_i_guess_the/

He’s not a saint either

He's a saint

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Reality Sinner posted:

Ti6 OG was also a team of friends until they lost to tnc and immediately kicked everyone

Only moonmeander got kicked, the others just left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

EorayMel posted:

Every Gamer You Like Is Actually A Piece Of poo poo