Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1157284824522088448

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I'm sad now.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Oof Matt groenings in the Epstein Court docs and it's some gross poo poo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

Oof Matt groenings in the Epstein Court docs and it's some gross poo poo

It is gross, but at least it's not sex stuff

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
What? Where?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

AstroWhale posted:

What? Where?

From GBS' "What was the lowest point of the Simpsons?" thread:

shame on an IGA posted:

245 pages but we finally found the answer to the OP's question:

https://twitter.com/DonBeeggles/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mighty Max owned.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
In the Megas XLR episode there's a brief discussion of MTV's Downtown where it's mentioned that the series never got a proper home release...but it did, in a very low-key way! Chris Prynoski started selling the series on DVD through his Blogspot account in 2007 (and per recent comments on the post, still has them in stock.) Both his post and the DVD package make it very clear that you are buying a PROMOTIONAL ITEM that is for PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY, and that you are NOT paying Chris/Titmouse for the episodes contained on the disc. That's Viacom property, after all!

http://chrisprynoski.blogspot.com/2007/02/mtv-downtown-dvds.html

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

JethroMcB posted:

In the Megas XLR episode there's a brief discussion of MTV's Downtown where it's mentioned that the series never got a proper home release...but it did, in a very low-key way! Chris Prynoski started selling the series on DVD through his Blogspot account in 2007 (and per recent comments on the post, still has them in stock.) Both his post and the DVD package make it very clear that you are buying a PROMOTIONAL ITEM that is for PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY, and that you are NOT paying Chris/Titmouse for the episodes contained on the disc. That's Viacom property, after all!

http://chrisprynoski.blogspot.com/2007/02/mtv-downtown-dvds.html

Man, I loved Downtown. It was part of the first bunch of shows on The Detour, a Adult Swim like block on Canadas Teletoon. Or was it on the late night YTV animation block that also had Daria? I think it was Teletoon because I swear it was also on with Mission Hill. Anyways, it was played over and over and I was surprised to see Goat in an episode of Metaocalypse.

I could identify with Alex's infatuation with the hot goth girl that works at the comic store. Though unlike him, we'd become friends.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Teletoon had more of the adult swim shows while ytv got the animes iirc

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Teletoon also produced the only home release for Clone High. I've got the dvd and it starts with a promo ad for their Detour block which was mostly just early seasons of Family Guy and Futurama.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea we sold a ton if them back in the 2000s when I worked at HMV, I still have my copy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: at the guests this week demanding to do the Maude Flanders dies episode

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Looks what happens when you forget to play the anti death jingle for an old celebrity!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Podcasts have that weird power

Last Podcast on the Left: New revelations and happenings involving their subjects

Chapo Trap House: The dumbest scenarios become truth

Talking Simpsons: Kills celebrities and high profile individuals

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Podcasts have that weird power

Last Podcast on the Left: New revelations and happenings involving their subjects

Chapo Trap House: The dumbest scenarios become truth

Talking Simpsons: Kills celebrities and high profile individuals

What happened with LPoTL? Did they find the Zodiac Killer?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I feel like the TS curse has hit a new peak in awkwardness with today's advance episode.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Supernintendo Chalmers should have been line of the episode. :colbert:

I had completely forgotten that this was the pinchy episode.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: at the guests this week demanding to do the Maude Flanders dies episode

Heather Anne Campbell's heightening disbelief/delight at learning the details of that episode was awesome.

(Do noted turd of a series Fantastic Max you cowards)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
It was really interesting (and oddly refreshing) hearing commentary from someone without a case of Simpsons brain!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm listening to the Eva episode of What a Cartoon, and yes, Henry is right, if you skip the intro you are literally a Cop.

Tomorrows episode is going to be interested, as its the first time I remember watching a Simpsons and going "the jokes were funny, but the episode over all was...i don't know how to feel about the episode over all". Mayor'd to the Mob is an episode I would not be surprised at all if they actually got Mark Hamil on the pod to talk about it.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I feel like I’ve crossed some sort of Talking Simpsons Rubicon because I don’t remember this kidney episode at all and I feel like I was still watching the show religiously at this point in time

Soon enough I’ll get to learn about hundreds of Simpsons episodes that I didn’t even see!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sheen Sheen posted:

I feel like I’ve crossed some sort of Talking Simpsons Rubicon because I don’t remember this kidney episode at all and I feel like I was still watching the show religiously at this point in time

Soon enough I’ll get to learn about hundreds of Simpsons episodes that I didn’t even see!

Probably lack of repeated exposure from reruns? I was also still a regular viewer and I know I watched all of these episodes as they aired, but I almost certainly haven't seen them in the 20 years since. Once the DVDs were available and the real clunker episodes started hitting syndication I stopped watching the weeknight repeats on my local Fox affiliate.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Ooh, get ready though because the Kidney episode is a real lovely one. And the Scully years get worse the further in you go.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was surprised to see I kept watching episodes through season 11 but when browsing the episodes on FXX I definitely start losing the thread from season 11 to 12 when it starts to become all episodes I've never seen. I'm curious to hear when the guys hit this point and they're eventually reviewing episodes they've never seen before.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

Probably lack of repeated exposure from reruns? I was also still a regular viewer and I know I watched all of these episodes as they aired, but I almost certainly haven't seen them in the 20 years since. Once the DVDs were available and the real clunker episodes started hitting syndication I stopped watching the weeknight repeats on my local Fox affiliate.

That’s the thing—I listened to the episode and I don’t remember a single thing that happened in this one, but I remember plenty from this season. This may very well be the first episode of the Simpsons that I’ve never seen before?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Sheen Sheen posted:

That’s the thing—I listened to the episode and I don’t remember a single thing that happened in this one, but I remember plenty from this season. This may very well be the first episode of the Simpsons that I’ve never seen before?

I purposely watched every episode up until like season 22, and I can't tell you anything about them except Stephen Colbert was a life coach and homer had to fly a plane. That was one episode. I think most of those episodes are just so entirely forgettable that you may have seen it and excised it from your mind palace.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
God dammit I have the CRO theme stuck in my head now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think the comment about how this is just a bunch of skits sums up this episode. Like taken as a whole it's pretty week but individually jokes and set peices are good. I especially like the old west town and ship of lost souls parts.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Hey for fans of What A Cartoon guest Thad Komorowski, his new podcast has finally launched.

http://cartoonlogic.libsyn.com

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

It was a good call to post your PAX panel recording! The audio was rough but by using monitor headphones I heard everything, and the event was a great experience even for someone listening at home

In my fan opinion, PAX was incredibly unprofessional for not recording this as a matter of course, to the point that I assume they treat your tier of presenters as second-class TEDX nobodies. F that! Your listeners are more important then their oblivious walk-in crowds for big-name "Important Acts". We are always excited to hear stuff like this or Sketchfest

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So how long until the Steven Universe movie is a patreon episode?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
You should all be voting for the Cowboy Bebop movie to win this tie breaker poll.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

You should all be voting for the Cowboy Bebop movie to win this tie breaker poll.

:yeah:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Does anyone see the first episode of Talking Critic in their Patreon RSS feed? Mine starts with "Miserable"

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's not on mine either. Also every episode on the feed from the beginning until the Sailor Moon episode shows up twice.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

The Talking Critic pilot was a Talking Simpsons episode, so it's on the free feed here: https://talkingsimpsons.libsyn.com/talkingsimpsons_criticpilotmp3

And all of the What A Cartoon! episodes are on this free feed: https://whatacartoonfeed.libsyn.com/

I'm not seeing the repeating Sailor Moon episode issue, but we can't determine how the many different podcast apps and programs interpret our feeds. Usually unsubscribing and resubscribing helps if you're having issues.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm on Podcast Addict, and it only applies to episodes older than the Sailor Moon one so it's weird but not actually a problem for me. I might just unsub/resub if it really bothers me but I listen to Talking Simpsons, What A Cartoon and the bonus episodes at different speeds so if I ever lose my place I'm boned.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I also use Podcast Addict. It routinely does this with many podcasts for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm getting caught up on past episodes...In "Lisa Gets an A" I really relate to Bob calling out the Kahlua ads during Sci-Fi Channel-era MST3K. I remember thinking at the time that every commercial break felt like a string of spots for liqueurs, Heineken and baby products. Clearly, somebody in the ad sales department had decided the target audience for this cow town puppet show was new mothers with a drinking problem.

Also :lol: at this exchange in the Real Ghostbusters ep:

"I don't like that baby stuff, I'm a big boy; I'm 9."
"I need dark stories about Hell, and death."