Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Miracle earthshaker

The REAL Goobusters posted:

OG is Ana honestly. This guy is a monster

people were saying this last year too and they were right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Miracle earthshaker

people were saying this last year too and they were right

It was true then, if anything it feels even more true now. JerAx and ana are both looking even better than TI8. The rest of the team about the same (which is very good, with Flopson being a bit of a snowflake).

My only worry is that they are doing TOO WELL in groups and that makes me nervous, but poo poo they look good.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Teams should take a tip from Ana and actually try to have an off season. At this point it seems pretty obvious that not playing DotA 24/7 for the whole year is probably good for performance.

Either that or Ana is a God and is just more talented than everyone else is

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Matu pudge in Newbee/Chaos

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Sampatrick posted:

Teams should take a tip from Ana and actually try to have an off season. At this point it seems pretty obvious that not playing DotA 24/7 for the whole year is probably good for performance.

Either that or Ana is a God and is just more talented than everyone else is

Seems like taking time off before TI idn't go too well for VP

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Matu pudge in Newbee/Chaos

It's not going very well

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
uh oh

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
another ana wisp??

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
wisp time boys

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

ana felt last game was too much work, time afk and then walk over Fnatic at 15.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Arzachel posted:

Seems like taking time off before TI idn't go too well for VP

When did VP take time off?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Sampatrick posted:

When did VP take time off?

I'd say roughly the last three days

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Vando posted:

I'd say roughly the last three days

:hmmyes:

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
turns out if you don't counter the timber the timber will gently caress you up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fnatic looks really good

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

IO isn't online yet so I'm not too worried. That being said Fnatic have played the start of this game REAL well.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
okay so carry io is invincible

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

IcePhoenix posted:

Fnatic looks really good

They did everything right but they're still going to lose

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
oh poor morphling I respect the hustle but that was just a big ol faceplant

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnusualCourageousLlamaCoolStoryBro

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Vando posted:

They did everything right but they're still going to lose

except for draft correctly

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

I still cant believe we're watching Ana play carry Io at ti. I dont think anyone on earth would have predicted that at the start of the season, including OG

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This CM is doing work

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Spirit Vessel's one hell of an item

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OG clinches first in the group if they win game 2

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

That was pretty interesting game to watch - OG just knew what their gameplan was and executed it almost perfectly. Didn't matter that Fanatic got a big early lead, the moment Timbersaw stopped being a scary unkillable monster, the tide instantly turned.

That moment fairly early in the game near dire offlane t1 when Topson ran around with like 10 hitpoints and survived easily was a rather amazing highlight, I thought he was dead for sure there but nope, troll bullshit.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

OG clinches first in the group if they win game 2

that was game 2

e: but yeah as a quick check, VG can only get to 12 and OG are at 13

ElNarez fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 17, 2019

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ElNarez posted:

that was game 2

whoops, I've been switching back and forth so much I lost track

ok well, OG clicned first in their group, then, thanks to NiP stealing one from VG

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Group A looks like it could be a clusterfuck of tiebreakers

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheRat posted:

Group A looks like it could be a clusterfuck of tiebreakers

lol

quick group B update:

Tragic number is 6 points

The schedule actually worked out amazingly. OG and Na'Vi only have one match each tomorrow, and they both play VG. Meaning that the teams that are still at risk of elimination all play each other in a six-team bloodbath.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
if you had told me that ccnc would be the mid to watch in this group stage I don't know what I would have done, this is revelatory in a way I don't think anyone could have expected

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ElNarez posted:

if you had told me that ccnc would be the mid to watch in this group stage I don't know what I would have done, this is revelatory in a way I don't think anyone could have expected

To watch for what? Every game I've seen he's been completely garbage and been carried real hard by yawar/mss. Like, he's been objectively dreadful.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
any time he's on the multistream I thought he was owning, and I guess right now he was dumpstering matu, for what it's worth

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If Chaos loses this game (just glancing at the lineups and game state I would say those chances are very high) they're basically dead since they'd need to 2-0 secret tomorrow AND have Liquid get 2-0'd by TNC just to force a tiebreaker game.

Speaking of Secret, if this match with LGD ends in a 2-0 then whoever won clinches first in the bracket. They've both clinched no lower than second, at this point.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

If Chaos loses this game (just glancing at the lineups and game state I would say those chances are very high) they're basically dead since they'd need to 2-0 secret tomorrow AND have Liquid get 2-0'd by TNC just to force a tiebreaker game.

Speaking of Secret, if this match with LGD ends in a 2-0 then whoever won clinches first in the bracket. They've both clinched no lower than second, at this point.

I want a 1-1 :colbert:

Then they have to play again in a tiebreaker!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ravus posted:

I want a 1-1 :colbert:

Then they have to play again in a tiebreaker!

They only have to play if it's a difference in what bracket they end up in (or not at all).

quote:

Tiebreakers:

If there is a tie along the Upper and Lower Bracket or Lower Bracket and elimination divider, an additional set of games will be played.
For other ties (in order of importance):
Head to head result between the tied teams
Results against lower seeded teams (from directly below till last place)
If a tie can be broken along the way, the process is restarted (back to head-to-head result)
Coin toss

MidOne pudge in game one, by the way.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

They only have to play if it's a difference in what bracket they end up in (or not at all).

MidOne pudge, by the way.

Don't the winners get to pick their opponent first? so exact order matters? Or am I wrong about that.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Matu is too good for this team

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ravus posted:

Don't the winners get to pick their opponent first? so exact order matters? Or am I wrong about that.

Yes. the top seed gets to pick between the 3 and 4 from the other group. Please read the tiebreaker rules for how they determine the 1 seed if they tie :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
We have an Invoker and a Pudge in this secret vs lgd game.
Which Invoker?