Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh I missed that Liquid won game one against Keen already so...Chaos is out the next time they lose or Liquid wins.

:rip:

e: and there's the loss

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Aug 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM I wonder why secret is losing after drafting a support invoker and mid pudge

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EorayMel posted:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM I wonder why secret is losing after drafting a support invoker and mid pudge

Support invoker is a thing now, they aren't the only one's drafting it. Also they've already won with it I think?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

IcePhoenix posted:

Support invoker is a thing now, they aren't the only one's drafting it. Also they've already won with it I think?

I don't think you should shaft Invoker's position for Pudge's, IMO.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EorayMel posted:

I don't think you should shaft Invoker's position for Pudge's, IMO.

I don't understand what you mean?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't understand what you mean?

I don't like the idea of support invoker, especially if you're going a mid pudge. That secret/lgd game was proof enough.

Game 2 is looking a little more tolerable with another support invoker, however.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Also if Tiny gets an aghs upgrade for the tree barrage while he has the cosmetic replacing the trees, DOTA 2 turns into a Happy Wheels sword throw level.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Invoker has been picked as support just as much as carry so far so whether you like the idea or not it's a thing now.

Pudge was a bad pick but Invoker was always a support when they picked him, they didn't sacrifice anything to play him as a four.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Just lmao that Io is 3-3 without Ana, and 7-3 with him.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Just lmao that void and tiny just took a huge poo poo on secret.

I am glad Tiny now has a sword and still has his current aghs upgrade.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Here's how Peter can still win:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TheRat posted:

To watch for what? Every game I've seen he's been completely garbage and been carried real hard by yawar/mss. Like, he's been objectively dreadful.

Yeah you’re high as gently caress ccnc has actually been playing well

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Invoker has been picked as support just as much as carry so far so whether you like the idea or not it's a thing now.

Pudge was a bad pick but Invoker was always a support when they picked him, they didn't sacrifice anything to play him as a four.

Midone's most played hero is Invoker. Secret is picking Invoker exclusively as a support right now to gently caress with other teams so when he picks it as a core, other teams won't be expecting it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quick update before I zombie myself to bed :v:

Group A:
LGD clinches #1 as Secret can only tie them and LGD holds the tiebreak via the match just now.
Secret Clinches #2 as only Newbee can tie them and Secret 2-0'd them earlier.
Keen is locked into the lower bracket because someone from the TNC/Liquid match has to finish with at least 8 points, and Keen can only get to 7.
Secret and Chaos have literally nothing to play for so expect a Techies carry or similarly clowny stuff in their match.

Group B:
OG clinched #1 already and only have one match.
Na'Vi is the other one match team and they play VG. Probably need a split at worst there to have a good chance at upper bracket.
The remaining teams all play each other so hopefully we get some tiebreaker DotA. NiP could even get themselves into the bracket with the right results, but they probably have to go 4-0 and win a tiebreaker match to do it.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

Here's how Peter can still win:

Turns out we didn't understand what he was saying. It was actually just a note to himself.

quote:

Leave China.

To: Me

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Rip Chaos. Vtfaded completely cracked under the pressure today, not everyone can handle TI on their first try. The team just wasn’t gelling together either for the most part.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Sampatrick posted:

Midone's most played hero is Invoker. Secret is picking Invoker exclusively as a support right now to gently caress with other teams so when he picks it as a core, other teams won't be expecting it.

but invoker core sucks lmao its not gonna be some huge game winning twist

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

but invoker core sucks lmao its not gonna be some huge game winning twist

Depends on the draft

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
why wouldnt chaos jsut type gg 0min in in their next series. theres no reason to play

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Well guess people like me who picked midone for fantasy are hosed, dude got like 60 pts

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
what on earf happened to vp.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Robo Turnus posted:

your regularly scheduled vp ti collapse

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
VP peaked in 2015

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde

boredsatellite posted:

Well guess people like me who picked midone for fantasy are hosed, dude got like 60 pts

Biggest heartbreak of the tournament so far. Except when I picked 33 yesterday.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Robo Turnus posted:

They got figured out again after owning all year

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

The REAL Goobusters posted:

They got figured out again after owning all year

They changed logos right before a TI again. Did not learn from their past mistakes

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
So the only way for NiP to survive is to 2-0 Infamous and EG while either Infamous, VP, or RNG get 0-2 twice? It seems... doable, but it hinges on EG 2-0 VP and then EG calming not trying against NiP because they secured upper bracket already.

RIP EU

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
man like half the poo poo form summber scrub doesnt actually work.. the coureir delivering items to next person.. time pinging

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBMlm-wc20o

"PPD eats stuff"

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Gotta be honest. I didn't think CCnC would be having a better TI than PPD, but here we are

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Gotta be honest. I didn't think CCnC would be having a better TI than PPD, but here we are

and I didn't expect OG to crush people with a core Io

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

BioThermo posted:

Just lmao that Io is 3-3 without Ana, and 7-3 with him.

What's the counter for carry Ana IO? It seems that delaying the lvl15+arghs is important, but if they keep pressure up on him then Topson just runs around as Tiny and jobs them all.

I'm suprised that more players aren't copying carry Io, since it's clearly the Ti9 pocket strat of pocket strats.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerk McJerkface posted:

What's the counter for carry Ana IO? It seems that delaying the lvl15+arghs is important, but if they keep pressure up on him then Topson just runs around as Tiny and jobs them all.

I'm suprised that more players aren't copying carry Io, since it's clearly the Ti9 pocket strat of pocket strats.

I'd like to see how Secret and LGD handle it. I have a feeling they have better ways to deal with it than the teams who have been against OG so far.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Has he played it vs Timbersaw or Bristleback?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jerk McJerkface posted:

It's a joke strat. If it weren't, they wouldn't have whipped it out for the group stage.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheRat posted:

Has he played it vs Timbersaw or Bristleback?

Yeah the second game vs. Fnatic.

Timbersaw dumpstered them for like 15 minutes, then Io came online and the game went like the previous ones

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kill towers early against Io is probably the answer

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The problem with countering it is that it looks like nobody has been prepping an Io counter so trying to come up with things on the fly is going to be very hit and miss, I think OG know there *is* a counter (which is why they haven't saved it for main stage) but right now it becomes a must-ban against them if you haven't figured out how to stop it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Vando posted:

The problem with countering it is that it looks like nobody has been prepping an Io counter so trying to come up with things on the fly is going to be very hit and miss, I think OG know there *is* a counter (which is why they haven't saved it for main stage) but right now it becomes a must-ban against them if you haven't figured out how to stop it.

Imagine having to waste a second round ban in 2019 Ti9 on a carry Io. What a world we live in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Imagine having to waste a second round ban in 2019 Ti9 on a carry Io. What a world we live in.

icefrog did it again