Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

The Ion Fury devs have an open discord where they complain about SJWs and transexuals btw.

gently caress, first I've heard of this. gently caress em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just pirate ion fury on PC if you want to play it. gently caress those guys.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

A user posted a thread on my site and other people actually brought up stuff that indicates that they might not be the second incarnation of Hitler: https://knockout.chat/thread/3403/1
Ymmv, but it's a different perspective.
(sorry for linking to the site)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Looper posted:

guys it's okay if you still wanna play ion fury. just pirate it! and openly brag about doing so in their discord

Idk what it is and don't want to play it but I might stop by and say I pirated it just cause they're assholes

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Inacio posted:

A user posted a thread on my site and other people actually brought up stuff that indicates that they might not be the second incarnation of Hitler: https://knockout.chat/thread/3403/1

The people in that thread are mostly just talking themselves into disliking ResetEra and ignoring the poo poo that was actually posted in favor of whining about 'outrage culture' and how no one can even bad mouth trans people in private anymore without people making a stink about it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Inacio posted:

I don’t think this proves what you think it proves. It only shows that the poser clearly doesn’t like resetera

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Inacio posted:

Looking through these posts, and they don't actually do anything to help out the devs. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but the chat logs are pretty damning. It's 2019, having violent views towards the LGBT community should absolutely be grounds for outcasting people. This has nothing to do with cancel culture, doxxing, or being a SJW, or whatever. Our society just cannot afford anymore to be accepting of oppressive and violent rhetoric.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Why aren't there any ChoroQ-like caRPGs on the Switch...

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

You can't even try to say "well the individuals who hold these views don't represent the company" because they also do this on their company account:

https://twitter.com/caravanmalice/status/1162547783678566400

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, like I'm sorry. At the moment, with a lot of really horrible poo poo on the rise, you can not just go "oh well it's just their opinion" because shock and awe, they communicate those views to their fans and end up creating more people with similar views.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Inacio posted:

If this convinced you of anything you're loving stupid.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

Looking through these posts, and they don't actually do anything to help out the devs. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but the chat logs are pretty damning. It's 2019, having violent views towards the LGBT community should absolutely be grounds for outcasting people. This has nothing to do with cancel culture, doxxing, or being a SJW, or whatever. Our society just cannot afford anymore to be accepting of oppressive and violent rhetoric.
Violent views??

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Kazy posted:

You can't even try to say "well the individuals who hold these views don't represent the company" because they also do this on their company account:

https://twitter.com/caravanmalice/status/1162547783678566400

i'm the chuds swarming the replies

"it's just an opinion" doesn't work when the opinion is "I think people who aren't like me should die"

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

whaley posted:

grandia hd collection super good besides that bat's butthole

How do they look both handheld and docked? Do the filters and whatnot make them look like smudged messes or a good compromise for bringing it to HD?

Also, what about load times for menus, battles, etc.? Every time I try to play the first one on PSP/Vita/PS1, I just can't handle how slow stuff like that is. Maybe it isn't but I feel its worse than other RPGs of that time (that I usually have no problem with then or now).

I was looking forward to it until I saw the price and they didn't let you control any of the filters/display settings. Though if gameplay is snappier and smooth, that would override the graphics for when the price drops to $30 or less.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

American McGay posted:

Violent views??

Yes. There is unreasonable amounts of damage and harm done to people every day because of viewpoints like this. You don't have to be actively going out and knifing people to help contribute to a culture that allows that to happen.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Yinlock posted:

i'm the chuds swarming the replies

"it's just an opinion" doesn't work when the opinion is "I think people who aren't like me should die"

ImpAtom posted:

Yes. There is unreasonable amounts of damage and harm done to people every day because of viewpoints like this. You don't have to be actively going out and knifing people to help contribute to a culture that allows that to happen.

Is there a second set of Discord screenshots that I'm missing or something? I didn't see anything like this in the ResetEra thread.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

American McGay posted:

Violent views??

There's no nonviolent form of bigotry, hth

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

American McGay posted:

Is there a second set of Discord screenshots that I'm missing or something? I didn't see anything like this in the ResetEra thread.

the entire "sjw" boogeyman is a direct result of having their bigotry challenged

when someone says "sjw" what they actually mean is "people who get mad at me for being a piece of poo poo"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

American McGay posted:

There are a whole bunch of them, yes. There was another thread here which posted a bunch of them, their twitter went batshit and started trying to scrub any connection to the things they believed (like the link posted above) and so-on.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Denying someone's existence isn't violence :classiclol:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Can someone link the chat log of a dev wishing death upon trans people?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Inacio posted:

Thanks, you should be.

Yinlock posted:

the entire "sjw" boogeyman is a direct result of having their bigotry challenged

when someone says "sjw" what they actually mean is "people who get mad at me for being a piece of poo poo"

and that's why, if you were wondering

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 17, 2019

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

American McGay posted:

Unless someone literally demands the death of their enemies in public, they can say whatever they want and it isn't violence!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

American McGay is the guy who didn't think the Nazis in Charlottesville were bad until Heather Heyer was murdered

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

American McGay posted:

You do know that violence exists without actively wishing for death, right? The vast majority of bigotry isn't about killing someone and that doesn't prevent violence.

Trans individuals have to suffer literally daily with people saying they are insane or that they don't exist or so-on. This causes them immeasurable harm mentally and physically.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Unless someone literally demands the death of their enemies in public, they can say whatever they want and it isn't violence!
Can you link me to something you consider violence then? I'm not defending them at all, I'm just trying to understand the situation. Multiple people in this thread have used terms like "violent views" and "I think people who aren't like me should die" which are pretty absolute terms.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

American McGay posted:

Can you link me to something you consider violence then? I'm not defending them at all, I'm just trying to understand the situation. Multiple people in this thread have used terms like "violent views" and "I think people who aren't like me should die" which are pretty absolute terms.

Can you quit the bullshit socratic approach and just say what you think? You obviously have an opinion, but I think you're too scared to say it out loud.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The President of the United States did not directly call for the death of certain groups of people, yet we just recently had a major mass shooting that was inspired by his words. Hate crimes in general jump up 200% - 300% in every city he gives a campaign speech in. "I don't agree with this group of people, and their existence." is a violent viewpoint.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

American McGay posted:

Okay. Here is one big example:

Referring to the act of transitioning as "mutilating a perfectly healthy body." That right there says a lot. It contributes to the idea that transitioning is just 'mutilating your body'. It goes hand-in-hand with the argument that you 'can't know' that you're trans when you are a teenager which is a seriously damaging viewpoint and contributes to younger people who COULD be getting help NOT getting it.

This is the thing. Even the most charitable possible reading of the statement still refers to it as 'mutilating a perfectly healthy body." Even if you took every single thing out, that's still an absolutely disgusting statement to make.

(Dude also drops some anti-vax stuff and anti-vax stuff is dangerous as gently caress.)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

Okay. Here is one big example:

Referring to the act of transitioning as "mutilating a perfectly healthy body." That right there says a lot. It contributes to the idea that transitioning is just 'mutilating your body'. It goes hand-in-hand with the argument that you 'can't know' that you're trans when you are a teenager which is a seriously damaging viewpoint and contributes to younger people who COULD be getting help NOT getting it.
Thank you for being the only person in this thread to actually answer my question. I understand now.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
More than half of all transgender teen boys have attempted suicide. I think reading some of the replies to this thread makes it pretty obvious why that is.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

American McGay posted:

Thank you for being the only person in this thread to actually answer my question. I understand now.

Sorry if I sound heated, it's just a frustrating situation.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You don't sound heated at all and your point makes perfect sense.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

ImpAtom posted:

(Dude also drops some anti-vax stuff and anti-vax stuff is dangerous as gently caress.)

Oh, so he's just a moron then.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Hey guys, I like video games.

I haven't played a shmup since raiden ii on arcade/MAME and picked up vasara collection and danmaku 3.

Holy crap I'm bad at these but they are both fun. Vasara is old school but with a charged melee attack that can deflect bullets. Danmaku is a crazy lightshow fest where you build up a power meter by grazing enemy fire (think Burnout).

I am having a blast with both even I can't beat them yet.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Will I have a problem understanding the plot/characters of Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland if the only other Atelier I've played was Lydie & Suelle?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

American McGay posted:

Violent views??

bushisms.txt posted:

Denying someone's existence isn't violence :classiclol:
Just quoting this stupid to gawk at it

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Yeah that whole line of 'calm down and explain your pain' is right out of the playbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The correct response to a lovely dev that made a decent looking game.