Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Second reminder that Dendi played mid Io in TI3 grand finals (and won really hard)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think you just shouldn’t even try to counter it and just ban the io tbh

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Yeah, the appropriate counters for core Io are not well understood and good luck figuring it out in less than a week

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Midone plays it in mid in pubs as well. Might see it from secret eventually

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I mean if you were feeling confident about your group stage position the best way to figure out the counter is to pick it yourself against OG and see what they do

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Apparently they didn't scrim/practice the carry Io

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
drat I hosed up real bad by picking MidOne in yesterday's fantasy, the guy did worse in 3 matches than some players with only 2 matches.

Probably gonna go a mix of EG and VG today, though I'm not too confident with VG since their last match is against OG and it might be a stomp, especially if OG go with carry Io again.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
huh only 3 series tomorrow
also wtf am i going to do with my life during the 1 day break

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

huh only 3 series tomorrow
also wtf am i going to do with my life during the 1 day break

Watch the vods of the teams you missed out on

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Watch lcs playoffs

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Doesn't Vessel and/or Halberd counter carry Io really hard?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Zurreco posted:

Doesn't Vessel and/or Halberd counter carry Io really hard?

the hero does one billion magic damage per second

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

and slows you the whole time

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

violent sex idiot posted:

the hero does one billion magic damage per second

Wouldn't Halberd disarm disable the tether attack?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

ana only hit 25 in one of his wisp games, the 155 damage spirits constantly exploding in your face is what makes it so strong

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Pick Rubick for passive, build a pipe. Bristle probably works really good against it.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I would love for OG to coast through upper bracket with carry IO every game on the basis that everyone is too proud to ban it.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Last year there was this awesome doc someone compiled for notable VODs, I hope there's one for this year too

Been sick the last few days so haven't stayed up very late.. hope I'm over it for the main event.

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 17, 2019

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Imagine having to waste a second round ban in 2019 Ti9 on a carry Io. What a world we live in.

I love this stupid game

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
So matumbaman qualified for TI9 twice and got eliminated first? Smdh ain't no justice in the world

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I gained a lot of MMR on mid Wisp, that hero rules

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Centzon Totochtin posted:

So matumbaman qualified for TI9 twice and got eliminated first? Smdh ain't no justice in the world

Don’t worry looks like liquid will pay the price for their sins against matu in the lower bracket

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Is that mustache real?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/djWHEAT/status/1162807472895270912?s=19

:(

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Rich. What are you wearing rich. What. Why

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao

quote:

During the OG-VP match, in between the two games XBOCT tells Vilat the following: "I just talked to Sockshka, coach of OG, and he told me something interesting that quite literally stunned me. Yesterday during the draft Ana said 'I want to play wisp'. They haven't played it once before." Follows up by saying they went with it because they trust Ana so much. Vilat has a hard time believing that, but XBOCT responds that he has known Sockshka for a while and has no reason not to believe him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/crn7jw/according_to_sockshka_og_never_practiced_carry_io/

ana and og own so much

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He looks like an Australian.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

goatface posted:

yeah the boys

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I'm missing the he's today but pretend i said Let's go china

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

goatface posted:

Max Coveri posted:

yeah the boys

He looks almost exactly like my Australian friend

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
two great series to start the night.

eg-vp

or

infamous potentially knocking ppd out of TI

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Arzachel posted:

Apparently they didn't scrim/practice the carry Io

Yeah, as much as I realize how valuable scrims are, I do feel like they make the tournaments kind unexciting in terms of drafting. It's clear that a lot of the TI9 trends were already decided from them, since on day 1 several teams started prioritizing Alch/Mirana/Kunkka out of nowhere so all the teams clearly had plenty of time to practice and figure out counters. It is great to see a legit pocket strat that catches everyone by surprise.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would like to see if VP can pull their poo poo together, but the second of those sounds pretty funny.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is Chris a known brood player?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Goddamnit it OG stop trying to win me over, you still have fuckingmad on your roster.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

goatface posted:

Is Chris a known brood player?

No, just alleged.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Knowlue posted:

two great series to start the night.

eg-vp

or

infamous potentially knocking ppd out of TI

I was watching the latter but infamous is kicking the poo poo out of them (:yeshaha:) so I switched to navi/vg

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
NiP are basically losing 5v4. The Brood is cheerfully just not fighting them and they're still losing teamfights.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
I think this is the hardest I've seen an alch get wrecked so far, Storm/Ench seems to really get in his way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
lmao tsunami chose the worst time to bring a multicast update in, and ended up hijack-casting an EGVP fight in the most hilarious fashion

also lol sumail