Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
This poll is closed.
Yuko 12 66.67%
Momo 6 33.33%
Total: 18 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

most of the time momo's just kind of pushing her into doing stuff that legitimately helps her a bit but the end of the latest ep is kinda just her pressuring her lol

Sometimes some people need a little more pressuring to do something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

Sometimes some people need a little more pressuring to do something.

And shamiko did screw up kinda badly if the threats to the city are real.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm curious where they're going from here because there's been, a whole lot more forward progression through any kind of actual plot than i expected

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Every scene in the opening credits will turn out to be a 100% accurate representation, from the snowy Victorian town to beating the Demon Ancestor as videogamez.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm assuming the blonde girl from the op that we haven't seen yet (?) is going to turn out to be another magical girl.

Sair
May 11, 2007

The Colonel posted:

most of the time momo's just kind of pushing her into doing stuff that legitimately helps her a bit but the end of the latest ep is kinda just her pressuring her lol

It's just an excuse to hang out with her more.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/DUNTV/status/1163031457150861312

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
This show is very giffable. I'd have made more while catching up, but I assumed the internet noticed too

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Does anyone know how many episodes there will be?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Maxwell Adams posted:

Does anyone know how many episodes there will be?

I found nothing that say it but usually there are 12 episodes for a basic anime season.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Allarion posted:

This show is very giffable. I'd have made more while catching up, but I assumed the internet noticed too

Don't stop :allears:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

protect that smile

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Ganbarre Shamiko

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
ENDLESSLY GIFFABLE

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ganbare Shamiko

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Mid-season new Magical girl coming into ruin the power balance SMH

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In this episode: "It's not like I like you or anything, b-baka"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hearing Shamiko's real name being used after so many episodes sure was a shock huh

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I was legit confused with Shamiko until she realized it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I just noticed that at the end of the OP both Momo and Shamiko are holding the umbrella. :3:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Hmm... an otherwise fruit-themed meguka team probably has an opening for a blue one, just saying.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Imagine all of the magical girls who would've thought they'd won, if it weren't for Shamiko.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What a bunch of good girls

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Thanks for giffing those btw Allarion. I really like the “WHAAT” one.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ganbare Mikan!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I binged the show to this point and I am now very invested in this goodly high schooler and her muscle-headed girlfriend Demon Lord and her dark army. Not too worried about the production values, though the subs are pretty messy at times. I think they’ve been reasonable on jokes about Yuko Shamiko’s family finances but my senses for that may be skewed from watching Rinne.

In addition to the subtle broken arm episodic thing, I liked Momo going from promise of steak to reading recipes in the store to her failed attempt in the fridge.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Hogama posted:

the subs are pretty messy at times

There are fansubs by Mad le Zisell that drastically clean up the formatting.

Hogama posted:

In addition to the subtle broken arm episodic thing, I liked Momo going from promise of steak to reading recipes in the store to her failed attempt in the fridge.

The next secret subplot is figuring out what kind of demon Yuko is, because I have a feeling it will become relevant pretty soon.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Please don't drop these Madoka grade facts on my cute SoL comedy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I believe in Shamiko's ability to manage that crisis.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

chumbler posted:

I believe in Shamiko's ability to manage that crisis.

"Shamiko Believer" would make an excellent username.

I might be biased, though.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Dangerously low or dangerously high? Or is the danger in being made to think about it?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I liked a lot of the dumb little gags this episode, like even the teacher calling her "Shadow Mistress," and I would watch Sushi Shark vs. Zombie Shark. Well, streaming anyway.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The school system using Shadow Mistress Yuko formally without missing a step is just lovely. Continuity has been an impressively strong suit.
Lilith is a lot closer to her descendant in temperament than she likes to pretend.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
PLEASE TAKE THIS BIRD.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Walking Dead anime adaptation looking good.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Hogama posted:

The school system using Shadow Mistress Yuko formally without missing a step is just lovely. Continuity has been an impressively strong suit.

I also liked when she asked Mikan to call her Shamiko instead of using her actual name.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Please sign my petition to bring back fairy shamicen tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

this anime has consistently owned and im sad that its almost over