Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
miracle is soooo bad lmao

also holy poo poo og are such genius drafters. seeing how they counter the vg chronos.. waow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Group finals top ten plays video.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Should have had OG picking Io as the number 1 play

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
VP ended up in UB lol

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Went back and watched that Jerax techies game. Holy crap that game is hilarious.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Andrast posted:

Should have had OG picking Io as the number 1 play

:agreed: but the didn't happen in the group finals.

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 18, 2019

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Nice

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Went back and watched that Jerax techies game. Holy crap that game is hilarious.

What a game. OG showed up ready to clown.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Envy is just waiting for the annual prize pools to max out before putting in any effort to win TI. Excited to see him easily roll the competition in 2021

I don't think envy will ever attend TI again. The amount of good players has increased and there is no reason to deal with his poo poo.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Where can I find group stage pick/ban stats?

e: nm https://www.dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/10749-the-international-2019/picks?date=week

Grimstroke has a 30% winrate over 26 games :ghost:

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 18, 2019

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mars won 1/9. Clearly he needs a buff.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I don't think envy will ever attend TI again. The amount of good players has increased and there is no reason to deal with his poo poo.

Yeah, more significant than the skill difference is the fact that Envy is basically the human embodiment of an unlikeable teammate

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Re: EE

Congrats, pie :)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Reality Sinner posted:

Grimstroke has a 30% winrate over 26 games :ghost:

This wounds me :negative:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
How bout a dope jazz improv piano cover of the menu theme to get hype for the main event? :rock:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/469075974?t=3h14m

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I've been out of town the past few days, just got to watch Ana Io from OP-NIP game 1. That was an incredible game to watch :o

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Sab669 posted:

I've been out of town the past few days, just got to watch Ana Io from OP-NIP game 1. That was an incredible game to watch :o

The best part is right after the draft where no one picks their hero for about three minutes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Re: EE

Congrats, pie :)

immediately doing better when not with EE

who could have guessed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've defended EE in the past but the dude is washed now, this year made that super obvious. He can't even entertainingly throw games anymore because he's never in a position to do so.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I always thought it was EE + PLD that were ride or die but that jpg shows that it's actually Aui + PLD.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Super Rad posted:

I always thought it was EE + PLD that were ride or die but that jpg shows that it's actually Aui + PLD.

Aui owns

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

when the gently caress does this poo poo start theres like 8 different times and dates

what a mess of a schedule

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Probably around 8 pm MST.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.liquiddota.com/calendar/

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Estraysian posted:

Probably around 8 pm MST.

yeah but what day? tuesday the 20th or monday the 19th? heck with this dang calendar system

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Well it says Monday

What time zone are you in

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Ramadu posted:

yeah but what day? tuesday the 20th or monday the 19th? heck with this dang calendar system

The dates on the big banner thing are local (to the tournament) the little bit in your Timezone that says Monday 8pm or w/e is local to you

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Ramadu posted:

when the gently caress does this poo poo start theres like 8 different times and dates

what a mess of a schedule

schedule question - is it 8 pm mst for the games or for the start of the ceremonies?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Ramadu posted:

The larger time is local to them, the lower time with date is local to YOU. So for you it's exactly what that says - 8pm MST monday. Though that will be the stream going live so that actual game will be a little later.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
What noteworthy games should I, a DOTA newb, watch from group stages to get ready for the main event? I notice that they plan on using the newcomer stream during the main event to help with this but I'd like to build some hype up first

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Watch the Io carry game, that way you'll understand about as much as the casters :newlol:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Omnikin posted:

What noteworthy games should I, a DOTA newb, watch from group stages to get ready for the main event? I notice that they plan on using the newcomer stream during the main event to help with this but I'd like to build some hype up first

QuasiQuack posted:

Watch the Io carry game, that way you'll understand about as much as the casters :newlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE_mE4Sr8og

e; I removed the time stamp but that still starts playing right at the end of the first game? Might just be some weird feature of YouTube picking up where I left off :shrug:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Omnikin posted:

All the OGs games are really interesting clownshoes DotA. I'd suggest watching all the Secret matches too, they play really tight technically proficient games, very opposite the OG run at you Topson at 1/4 health ganking mid style. It's a good comparison in different styles.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Also watch the first game of Groups. Alliance vs... I forget. It's a great ending.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

All the OGs games are really interesting clownshoes DotA. I'd suggest watching all the Secret matches too, they play really tight technically proficient games, very opposite the OG run at you Topson at 1/4 health ganking mid style. It's a good comparison in different styles.

watch any game with Zai in it i agree :hai:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Also watch all the NiP games, they are a masterclass in saltiness.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Where is the Artour 1v5 rampage? What?

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

Where is the Artour 1v5 rampage? What?

There are 4 such videos, one per day. That's the last one.

Agree with the recommendation to watch the highlights of the OG games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

I got OG going all the way baybee!