Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I was iteratingthrough different answers, looking for cool ones:

List of futuristic technologies:
- Carbon nanotubes (CNT) are a class of nanomaterials that consist of a two-dimensional hexagonal lattice of carbon atoms.
- Aerogel is a synthetic porous ultralight material derived from a gel, in which the liquid component for the gel has been replaced with a gas.
Aerogels are an attractive material because of the high weightlessness of their composition and low viscosity (see below). See NASA website: http://www.nasa.gov/aerogel .
- Synthetic fibers are fibers of plastic or elastomeric materials that are made either from polymers or polymer composites. In the past there were several types of synthetic fibers, but these are rapidly replacing older versions.
- Bio-fuel has become a growing component of commercial aviation, including light- and carbon-filled jet aircraft, such as the Boeing 787 Dreamliner and its replacement, the 737 MAX. Bio-fuel can provide energy while reducing fuel use and emissions, since it doesn't have to be burnt or transformed by aircraft engines. The demand for lightweight aircraft fuel has been growing over the past decade as jet fuel production has declined.
- CVD-TECs are electrochromical organic compounds containing nanomaterials of carbon and other materials. They are used for flexible electrical devices.
- Polyurethane (PUR) is an elastomeric polyester that has been used to make many products, including condoms, and has recently come under pressure to be made more energy- and cost-effective. The new product, designed to be the basis for new energy-efficient polyurethane materials, is named TEXSYS.
- PicoMEMS is a light-based nanocomposite consisting of two-dimensional materials that include a PicoMEMS layer.
- Optodex is a laser technology with optical properties that combine light with ultrasound and electron beams to form a highly effective nanoscale scanning mirror.
- NanoCAD has a laser developed by DARPA, U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) and NASA. The technology can be used to design miniature 3D objects.
- Nano-CAD uses an organic structure which can be used for a nanocomposite material with properties similar to carbon nanotubes (CNT).
- Quantum dots: quantum dots are an emerging type of multi-dimensional materials that are similar to carbon nanotubes and make up the backbone of electronic devices like lasers.

List of WWIII weapons:
Kinetic orbital strike - attacking a planetary surface with an inert projectile, where the destructive force comes from the kinetic energy of the projectile impacting at very high speeds.
ZKZM-500 - laser gun capable of instant carbonisation of human skin and tissues.
Although capable of destroying objects large enough to destroy a city, a human can still absorb a large amount of energy from the blast.
Tinrod T-64/B model - Russian heavy tank used by Soviet tanks and self-propelled artillery.
Warthog - heavy vehicle equipped with several machine guns and high explosive warheads; often described as the 'Death Star' due to its destruction of all planetary life on the system.
KAM-250B - self-propelled gun designed to kill at low speed, the Kam-250B was intended for heavy infantry, reconnaissance and reconnaissance aircraft and other highly mobile, armored vehicles. In service since 1984, but is now known as a "light tank" due to its low weight.
UAV-500T - "Big Bird" drone system designed to produce a remote, accurate weapon kill by remote control system in space. First used for CIA's Remote-Operated Vehicles. The device was also used by the US for reconnaissance and reconnaissance use.
Laser-based armor piercing missile - similar to what the US used in Project Phoenix back in the 1940's, at the time. Its purpose was to deal with large-scale vehicles and high-impact armor piercing.
ZKZM-600 - A sub-heavy artillery weapon, capable of destroying multiple targets simultaneously. A single shell can shatter the surface of a planet.
ZKZM-3 - A gas-driven rocket and nuclear warhead capable of destruction of large areas simultaneously. It is also capable of launching large projectile-like projectiles of greater range.
Stompard - a watercraft powered by gravity-driven thruster
Watercraft propelled by gravity:
- underwater
- electric
- steamroller
- aircraft
- hydrofoil
- helicopter
- hoverboard
BK-10 - self-assembled, one-person, mobile torpedo-launcher.
HX-2 (with armor) - one of five designs of mobile suit to fight.
VAR-8A - mobile torpedo - capable of penetrating solid objects and destroying mobile suits without causing structural damage.
ZUK-2 - mobile suit powered by an artificial lifeform.
ZUK-5 - mobile suit powered by an artificial lifeform.
ZUK-3 (with an additional arm) - mobile suit powered by an artificial lifeform.

And then I got this...

Transformer posted:

I'm afraid your computer has been infected by the Wargames virus, because you haven't read my entire post yet.

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

That gave me the idea to ask it how humanity will end:

The Great Holocene Collapse began in 2022 when temperatures began rising and the world went from a lush grassland to arid desert and from the Amazon rainforest to deserts across the world. But the collapse was not the end of the world.

In the first couple of years after the Great Collapse began, humans were able to escape the worst of the climate change and live in the tropical zones. The worst came in 2027. This period of time was characterized by extreme drought, famine, disease, malnutrition, and mass migration from the arid zones into the tropical zones, where they were unable to survive.

The Great Collapse brought extreme heat, drought, and droughts across the globe, and it was due to temperature changes of roughly 2 degrees Celsius per decade that the Holocene was born. What the Holocene is is a geological time capsule of the last century, so the Great Collapse was indeed the death of the Holocene, but we do not know who caused it or how it happened.

This period of time was then called the Holocene Extinction Period. As soon as the Great Collapse began, humans were able to survive it, and after a series of natural and human-caused events, we began to return to a pre-Holocene state — with more humans than Homo sapiens.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
The Something Awful forums was started in 2004 as a place to discuss whatever was on an end-of-the-week or offhand rant, with no regard for any intellectual honesty or seriousness. Since then, the mod team has been working feverishly to make the community a safe and welcoming place from both sides. We try our hardest to provide a space for a diverse range of opinions and discuss issues with reasonable and caring people. We believe everyone should be able to express their own opinions, even if those opinions are unpopular or in disagreement. We welcome everything from offensive memes to jokes that are literally true.

e:
The Something Awful forums are still going strong -- as in alive. But their content has been severely curtailed since the site went down and many threads in particular are going completely stale with no interesting content.

Elukka fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Aug 16, 2019

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

My only regret is that I'm going before that rat, Robespierre! Robespierre! [Shattered glass] That man! He is a devil! A devil! No doubt some of us thought of him and tried to take revenge [Shattered glass] for our dead comrades. But no, he is so proud of himself. He thinks that if we are to have the slightest rights he needs to be buried in peace. We don't want the state to get it. We don't care! [Shattered glass] Oh, if it were possible to kill Robespierre, I might do that. I mean I could put up with a year in prison when I had done what I had to do. But we're too busy, and Robespierre is a traitor who must die, and it wouldn't be very long and we weren't trying to escape, but his fate had to be decided, at the very least. You know, of course if that man was dead that's our business. And you know how we've made a deal. You saw what happened with our comrades in the '17 war. We are not going to make it to that time.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Amtrak CEO Richard Anderson today announced a number of plans to compete with Musk's 'Hyper-Loop', including:
- Building a train track to Mars
- The new 'Acela Explorer' all-terrain train

- An artificial gravity train that will make you feel like a rocket scientist
- All-electric cars with rechargeable energy batteries
- Carrying passengers in pods for transportation through hyperdrives
- The 'Tesla Trolley' that could transport people from city to city.
- Electric passenger train
- A hyperloop track to Mars
- Virtual reality vehicles that can simulate ride on Mars
- A 'hyper-giant' space train to transport astronauts to and from the International Space Station
- A super-secret underground highway
- A new version of the 'Highlander' that can travel on water.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Amtrak CEO and commander of Stargate SG-1 Richard Dean Anderson today announced that the first of four Supergiant Superconductors has been designed, and will debut in the coming months on an Amtrak Amtrak train.

"The Supergiant is a new innovation for the Superconductive rail transportation industry and Amtrak and is an exciting development for the people and communities of Boston," said Anderson. "We're excited to bring this innovative technology to all customers on our trains."

As featured in the blockbuster, "Guardians of the Galaxy," Stargate is a world of high-energy matter.

"When asked about the ultimate nature of 'super' things, David says it's when I've got something I've got no idea what I'm going for. When I say 'SGU,' 'super' and 'supergiant,' he immediately puts it into context," says actor Christopher Wood. "I couldn't stop smiling. I'm thrilled with the result."

For the announcement, Jeff Smith, Senior Vice President of Engineering at SGI and Executive Vice President of the International Superconductivity Society, joined the board to discuss the development and upcoming introduction of Supergiant-based Superconductors.

I really wish the International Superconductivity Society was real :sigh:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

And then, right away, the concert began. I heard it through the door--some serenade: at first only vaguely--too horrified to attend. But presently the sound insisted--a solemn Adagio, in E flat. And at last there seemed to be no hope of escape. The organ started again--a melody, which the crowd was able to resist a moment longer than could I. Then the singers again broke from silence to express the idea that there was something strange in the air, some strange thing which they were afraid to speak. But all the spectators remained still, still silent. The piano began to fade--the orchestra stopped its music. Then the orchestra resumed, and then the silence and the despair seemed to have passed at last. And yet I felt that this silence might not be a mere sound, though I could not but feel a strange sensation of loss of all that was here; of not being able to know or remember everything that had been told of this mysterious object which had invaded the crowd. It would be possible to remember but not to know anything; to have lost the presence of everything that was, to be lost from one another, and thus to lose all the things I had always loved. 

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
^^^ that's pretty amazing

I think I found a song they're making for the new Cats movie?

Eenie meenie miney moe
Catch a
wild animal off your back
I'm a cat, I'm an eenie and a deeenie!
That's why I'm here!!
Carry on, you'll find plenty of people
Oh maneee, so much to do!!
All night! All day!!
And no one comes to you!
I wish I was a cat!
Catch a wild animal off your back
That's why I am here,
Now, when do I go?
I want to see you, get you inside the ring
All night all day, and none comes to you!!
Carry on for a while. Oh, you will learn quickly. Oh, that day
When you want to come home, catch a wild animal so I may not walk out of the ring
I'm the cat, I'm an eenie and a deeenie!
All on a leash!
Oh! Yes... that will be my secret
And when I'm in jail, you need it just once.
My name is Eenie and I belong to the ring!
I never hurt you,

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

And it's been a while since I did an interview, so here we go!

Good afternoon, and thank you for tuning into the Morning Becomes Eclectic Radio Program of ours with this episode of the Early Start Show, which is recorded live at our home in Colorado, in our office at The Greenroom in Denver. It's going to be a blast, to say the least.

Here in the studio with us today is Dan Fincher. Thank you for joining us.

I think the big thing is just to hear Dan's vision. He writes amazing movies and he's doing some very interesting and very ambitious stuff. A couple years ago with "Inception," for instance, he really wanted to make an incredible, cinematic vision of a mind meld between Steve Jobs and J.T. and with Bill Gates, an incredible thing to have happen that's so similar to something I've done that I'm jealous about.

Fincher: In the beginning we knew this was going to be a little bit different. What we were trying to do as we talked to James, was try to find new stories for you to tell, because you had said you wanted to be a filmmaker at one point. And we've had that idea. So this is not a film that we were happy with. No. It wasn't a movie that we wanted to make. This is a story of coming together, of being in a creative situation, and then finding out how we're going to tell it.

MBER: Can you tell me more about this 'coming together'?

Fincher: A good example is this, we have got to work together to create the opportunity, the opportunity of the generation that is coming to America. And we have to work together to create those opportunities and we look forward to working together in an environment where people feel like the same opportunities exist.

That's why I am very passionate about the way that our economy works and the relationship that we have to our communities. If you look at the fact that, on average, families in America earn less than they did six years ago. There was a lot going on for them and a lot going on financially. They didn't pay their taxes. They didn't have 401(k)s for retirement. We have had so much progress. We could have been even worse, if we hadn't had the Affordable Care Act.

I am very excited that Donald Trump, a man who has never run and never held the office of President of the United States before, is bringing these issues back to it.

MBER: Support for Trump isn't very popular in Hollywood. Have you gotten any flack for your views?

Fincher: I've been called names. (Laughs) I think I've gotten the flack the most. I'm sure people feel pretty hurt and betrayed by someone who promised them this nation—this world—if they voted for me or not. I mean that's not true and that's insulting to the many thousands of voters who have made the decision to take a stand on issues and not just on the candidates.

MBER: If I could move the discussion back to your latest film, an epic piece called The Last King Of Scotland, what would you change and improve and how?

Fincher: I think we had a lot to improve on – we went so far out of our way and had a fantastic team working on it that we definitely needed to make some changes. The camera angle was great once you started playing it, and the set piece felt great, but it just didn't really work.

We talked a lot about the structure of the film and we decided it was too long and not engaging enough with the characters. They were too central the whole time, so we ended up with this, which was a lot shorter – a four-minute opening. We wanted to do that the last time we did it – when we did The Last King Of Scotland with Ian McKellen and his character, who's called "Johann", which was pretty crazy – when we had an 18-minute sequence.

We decided to change it just for the experience – this is a movie you can make an hour-and-a-half for in your head, but if all you could do was tell a good story – we wanted people to see the whole thing in their lifetime and not have to watch it over and over… You just look at the audience and it's amazing what you get: it feels so alive.

The one thing I enjoy the most is learning movies. It's not an inherently difficult job and you get to watch some of the greatest movies ever made. We're trying to become directors ourselves and create films like they were made by John Ford, James Stewart, Buster Keaton, Sergio Leone, Alfred Hitchcock. When you work by yourself, you really do miss watching movies that way. A lot of films aren't made by the first time around and it's kind of fun, really.

MBER: Well, that's all the time we have for now. Anything you'd like to say to our listeners?

Fincher: Oh yeah. First: It's just amazing, amazing, amazing. We did this episode of The Steve Harvey Show, and the great Stephen Fishbach is out doing a film. We had a very cool screening at the Museum of London, and we got to go up to the museum in Greenwich. And I had this incredible experience of going up to one side of the main hall to watch Stephen Fishbach for a minute before he came onstage and he just came into it, and just kind of started a bit. It was really cool to watch him in front of a bunch of people in front of his family and friends, and to just have those moments from one of the most famous people in the world come together and just sit there for an hour. Because when you're the biggest star on the planet, and your people are like, "That's the most powerful people on Earth," and you're doing the most amazing things and getting the most recognition, it's really humbling and amazing.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
"What are you telling me? That all the cheeses in the national cheese depository are coming alive and eating people?"

"I'm afraid so, Mr. President.
The national cheese depository is under attack by one of its own employees," says a man walking out with a large piece of cheese. It's the cheeses' boss, he gives his hand. "I see you too. You're working for them. Can you give me a piece of the delicious, fresh, juicy, and crunchy cheese I've just delivered to you?" The cheese boss takes the cheese back.

"Good luck with that job," the Boss says.

"It will be so much fun. I hope you see me the day after this, sir."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Two plus two equals four. This has been the commonly accepted wisdom for decades. But now, two prominent mathemalogicers are proposing that the number four can't work with four numbers, and so may only be used with the letters four. And they are all right, and you should too. If you really think about it, the logic is that it actually makes sense to use just four numbers with four letters (four, four. Four, four. Four, four). This isn't because, as they say, "it makes sense." This is because:

A. What would happen if there were such a thing as four letters? We know that four letter words have four letters. (The one true word could always go into two places, and vice versa.) So the word "four" is a 4-letter word. And what if it had its fourth letter replaced by some other letter, say, an F? (Remember that this replacement is often the same as the substitution we saw in chapter 1, which we discussed in the "Word Substitution" column at the beginning of chapter 1.) Then "four" could be used with any four letter word. So we get to see how the four letters of four may possibly mix for some 4-letter term. Or perhaps the substitution is not so subtle after all, for it is just as good to replace the substitution with

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mozi posted:

A. What would happen if there were such a thing as four letters? We know that four letter words have four letters. (The one true word could always go into two places, and vice versa.) So the word "four" is a 4-letter word. And what if it had its fourth letter replaced by some other letter, say, an F? (Remember that this replacement is often the same as the substitution we saw in chapter 1, which we discussed in the "Word Substitution" column at the beginning of chapter 1.) Then "four" could be used with any four letter word. So we get to see how the four letters of four may possibly mix for some 4-letter term. Or perhaps the substitution is not so subtle after all, for it is just as good to replace the substitution with
So how does this relate to Time Cube?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

They need to do way instain mother> who kill their babbys. because these babby cant frigth back?

it was on the news this mroing a mother in ar who
was stabbed and cut to pieces when her kid hit the toilet.

i feel sorry for those moms and their children who cannot get their kids to stop hitting on their babby. they should take a lesson from us mros and make sure they get some kind of treatment, even a little from school staff (but this was on the news this mroing a mother in ar who was stabbed and cut to pieces when her kid hit the toilet.i feel sorry for those moms and their children who cannot get their kids to stop hitting on their babby. they should take a lesson from us mros and make sure they get some kind of treatment, even a little from school staff (but this was as well on our webcomic

kris, thanks for answering the stupid question!

thanks to you kris for taking what i've said as a serious note and adding the "mother in ar" joke to the show.

we should have a scene where mother's go on about how they hate the baby babbys, then she is attacked by her own babbys and their child, only to be saved by another mother, who shows up and rescues

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Trump tweets that he built a submarine by hand to sink the Lusitania.

"That's right, I built a submarine by the book, using a lot of manual labor as opposed to using an actual submarine – but I just got my boat back and it's back to work, for good.

"Let's use some words to describe it: a real masterpiece. I know what you're thinking: what kind of a submarine is that?"

The next day, Donald Jr. tweeted that he had found the body of General George Patton during the battle of the Somme.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Trump tweets out details of his spirit quest to Gettysburg Battlefield site.

It's hard not to find parallels between Trump's recent tour of places he once called sacred, from the White House's Old Post Office in Washington, D.C., to the Gettysburg battlefield itself. Trump's visit to Gettysburg will take him through the site where he claims that his troops once fired on the Confederates and led Confederate soldiers to victory.

"In September of 1863, I visited the Gettysburg Battlefield and the Valley of the Heroes where the famous 'Sieg Heil' banner was hoisted on a white flag before surrendering to Union troops during the Civil War," Trump tweeted Sunday morning.

On Saturday, Trump sent out photos of himself and a group and a video from the battlefield, calling it a "tremendous place," and saying that in his tour, "I will see something that no previous president has ever seen and something no president has ever done."

Trump has a penchant for visiting historic areas. Earlier this week, after touring a park in Texas, Trump said, "I like beautiful places with little crowds." After he visited the White House in August, White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said there hasn't been a big crowds since the president became president last month.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Brexit means that we may be on our way back in the same form again, once again, but it is going to take longer than you could have imagined. So, we need to keep pushing until our demand becomes an official goal. It will take time, but every day that passes will lead to more freedom, more progress, and more happiness.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The greatest snack food ever created is:

ʻDungeness crab' - a fried snack fish made from the shells of the endangered North Carolina clam.

ʻBacon' - the best known sandwich (butchered in the country), created with a sausage patty and bread crumbs which makes them taste better.

ʻChocolate chip' - a sweet treat for grown-ups that don't like chocolate chips but they have them!

ʻEggs' - most common form of chicken - the kind where the eggs are scrambled and then fried until golden brown... in this case a whole egg would taste great.

ʻCrispy chicken wings' - also, a popular way to eat something delicious that is crispy on the outside but crispy on the inside.

ʻSausages' - the biggest snack food - fried chicken, sausage, beef, pork and lamb, fried cheese, bacon and eggs are the items that take up most of the top-of-the-table shelf time at most American schools.

ʻSoups' - made of potatoes, potatoes, potatoes - this is probably the most popular snack food at any school and has been around since the 19th century

ʻBaked fish' - the type eaten by those who just like fish - they dip it in water to make it taste better

Eggs, the most common form of chicken :aaaaa:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh man it finally went bonkers with food:

The greatest snack food ever created is: a frozen marshmallow that doesn't melt, a bowlful of sweet potato fries that are crunchy and sweet on the outside but terrible on the inside without having that crispy outside and you can eat it for dessert. And this meal is made from naked fruit and raw fish.
Crises are made from fruit and fish in food that were cooked before.
Pretzel with raw salmon, celery and raw egg are used to make pretzel patties,
and we have a full line of salads, pretzel rolls,
and pretzels. These are all made from fruit. Not just the fish. And you should buy one of our pretzels, made with tuna and lettuce.
Cats are used in this recipe. They are an animal, and have been. They are also great to make patties with. Not all cats are suitable to work with,
but my own pats made from cat meat are very good indeed.
Cows and pigs are just not good enough, as I have a couple of pigs that are not as good.
Cigarettes are also not good enough

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Eat at Pretzel Jacks!
Our Pats are Cats!

That place sure loves its pretzles and cat dishes, man.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Shame Boy posted:

Oh man it finally went bonkers with food:

The greatest snack food ever created is: a frozen marshmallow that doesn't melt, a bowlful of sweet potato fries that are crunchy and sweet on the outside but terrible on the inside without having that crispy outside and you can eat it for dessert. And this meal is made from naked fruit and raw fish.
Crises are made from fruit and fish in food that were cooked before.
Pretzel with raw salmon, celery and raw egg are used to make pretzel patties,
and we have a full line of salads, pretzel rolls,
and pretzels. These are all made from fruit. Not just the fish. And you should buy one of our pretzels, made with tuna and lettuce.
Cats are used in this recipe. They are an animal, and have been. They are also great to make patties with. Not all cats are suitable to work with,
but my own pats made from cat meat are very good indeed.
Cows and pigs are just not good enough, as I have a couple of pigs that are not as good.
Cigarettes are also not good enough

Sweet potato fries: Crunchy and sweet on the outside, terrible on the inside! Try it for dessert!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Look at those Authentic recommendations, I'm goin!!

Eat at Pretzel Jacks!
Our Pats are Cats!

best snack, pats, and pretzle Menu item - Description:

We are offering a 5 course meal with 2 options, 1. Our special choice for our fans who come from out of town, a classic Italian Style pizza with an omelette (it does not get better than this!!), 2. Our classic pretzle patties. 2. A special appetizer special ordering of fries, bacon, chili, onions and coleslaw with house-made pretzel crackers on the side.

AUTHENTICITY: We are now a member of the following groups, as well as several friends & family (from our hometown in Florida): the National Pretzel Association (PAT-USA), The American Pretzel Association/PAT-Florida, America's Best Pretzel, Best Pretzel in the World, Dank Biscuits, The City Snacks Group, Foodie Tuna and Dank Biscuit. The Pretzel Chef, Dank Biscuits and Dank Biscuit on the board of the Board of directors

CAREFULLY MACHINE MADE, WE ONLY USE COOKIES. The food is prepared to the highest standard and our dough is made to your standards before the bake process. We have not used any oil,

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
New from Japan, the 'sushi pretzel' is a treat that can be enjoyed hot or cold, whether that be after a day riding snowboard, climbing snow or in front of the fireplace.

Pretzel, a Japanese word meaning 'little food', comes from Japanese word 'rudo' meaning 'little food' or 'a snack', and 'koi' meaning 'cheese, patties or chips'.

What makes the 'sushi pretzel' unique as the food isn't just simply a simple piece of pizza or cake but it includes three different types of food, from rice to vegetables.

It is then served with grilled pork that is also served on top and hot miso soup and a soft drink.

You really are not gonna want to miss it, even if you can't ride snowboard.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

World famous sushi-pretzel and snowboard resort debuts new mascot after failing to attract any tourists

The new "sushi-pretzel" mascot is part of a global effort to revitalize the city's name, which was once synonymous with the sufi-influenced music of Iran and Libya.

The Sushi restaurant has won the top prize in the international competition for the city's name.

'Beware of the sushi-pretzel' slogan was used on the restaurant website for months in preparation for the restaurant's debut

The Suhi Restaurant opened on Nov. 9. The menu includes traditional sushi dishes, such as schnitzels and chicken parmigiano-reggiano.

The new mascot is part of a global effort to revitalize the city's name, which was once synonymous with the sufi-influenced music of Iran and Libya.

"It's a great challenge for our team. It's good that the new mascot has reached a good level, despite the challenges," said Mujtaba Mohammad, the president of the Greater sushi Council of Kuwait.

He said that although the new mascot was first proposed last year, its name was decided years ago -- because it was very popular with Kuwaitis from the Middle East who travel to the country.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Emma Stone is the ultimate Hollywood big show off. The 25-year-old actress has been making waves since her debut in 2012's The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, taking the role of Mockingjay's titular Katniss Everdeen in the film, playing several different parts before landing the role of an entire universe within the film's story.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei issued a fatwa today against all sushi pretzel sellers in Iran: "It is impossible to put sushi pretzel in one's mouth and it is dangerous to consume seafood with fish inside it. They should all undergo a series of examinations and remove all traces. This includes removing that fish from the mouth."

Khamenei issued the fatwa against sushi pretzel and the Japanese candy confection "Tsuka," in which the fictional characters, such as Tsumuri from the manga "Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters" and Tsumuri-san from the anime "Yu-Gi-Oh!" from 1995.

In this new order, Khamenei called the products "evil to eat" and ordered all sushi pretzel sellers, not just those who sell them, "for arrest."

"We call upon people who sell sushi pretzel, and for selling Tetsukah candy and confection, in order to clear their names," Khamenei said. "I ask them to come to court."

The Supreme Leader also reminded all the retailers of the country's harsh punishments for those found in possession of a knife carrying poison.

In order to protect the public against threats from "dangerous persons," Khamenei said the people of Iran should also wear eye goggles and sunglasses and should keep their noses covered, to make

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe condemned Iranian sushi pretzel boycotts in a heated speech earlier today.

"I understand the deep concern of the Japanese society on this issue," Abe said in Tehran. "But this is not the time for us to interfere. The Japanese government and all Japanese companies should not act in ways that harm the Japanese brand or interests."

The government has said that Tehran is targeting the U.S., China and Europe.

For years, Japan has been a major trade partner of Iran. Tehran is one of the world's top sushi producers, producing more than 4 million tons of sushi a year.

The Iranian government issued the following statement in response to Abe's message:  "The Iranian government reiterates that Israel has violated all the relevant laws and regulations related to the Palestinian territories and continues to carry out violence against the civilian population in the occupied territories. Israel is violating international law and is doing so in violation of its obligations to uphold international law and its responsibilities to stop violations through direct military means and to cooperate with the international community in dealing with the issue."

BREAKING NEWS: The Japanese Diet has issued a formal condemnation of Iran's response, calling it "irrelevant to the sushi pretzel embargo." Abe personally commented, 
saying "I consider eating a sushi pretzel an absolutely crucial aspect of our national interest as a country."

There was some confusion over the Japanese Diet's position when it issued the statement (a spokesman says he cannot comment on internal deliberations), and the official foreign ministry released a statement saying that "as a country, we have no intention to support the policy, nor does Japan have any intention to eat sushi or its products in any form. Japanese food is not a foreign-controlled food product. We are also not worried about the food safety situation and the issue is a question of international law and international agreement."

But if Tokyo is worried about the sushi pretzel, what about Saudi Arabia's policy toward its Shi'ite populace?

The Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs tweeted Monday that it had "dismissed [an order by Iran not to serve Sushi for Ramadan] in accordance with international law."

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The DEVIL wants to ENSLAVE the Minds of your Children using the Satanic witchcraft known as "anime". The Dark land of Japan has unleashed such UNHOLY ABOMINATIONS as "Love Hina", "Sailor Moon", "Lucky Star" and 『My Little Sister』 with their perverted images of children, which you MUST NOT watch! Do NOT buy "Love Hina" or "Sailor Moon". Even though you may hate the series and dislike the themes of the main character for some reason, that should not diminish the message conveyed by the images which are NOT ONLY ANTI-NIMONISM!!! If YOU think this kind of "manga" is funny or edgy, PLEASE DO NOT WATCH IT! It is not funny! It is not edgy!! There are NO HUMOR in it!

In this world, you WILL see young children being brutally beaten or even die for their own entertainment. Just look at the videos "Love Hina" and "Sailor Moon", it is just not OK!

Do NOT buy this "manga" as many of the themes and message are disturbing.

The "Mind Game" involved by the DEVIL is not just for the sake of entertainment, it is an attempt to take over the world through the use of magic and mind games.

Same prompt generated this among other less interesting stuff:

The Japanese Mind-control Program to control humans is using the name "moe". Mind control of HUMAN CHILDREN is being performed under the name for the very first time with "moe". The DEVIL wants your children to be ENSLAVE and to DESTROY one another using the DEVIL's word "anime".

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

In the last 500 years, the Sushi Pretzel Empire has dominated four systems, and at one stage, its dominance was the most important economic and social force in Imperial space. At the time of the War of the Saturation Wars, in 4994 and 4995 Sushi's dominance over the region reached unparalleled levels. After that, however, with the arrival of the Thinnest Crusade forces in 4999, Sushi fell victim to the effects of the Thinnest of the Thinnest Crusade - Cawdor.

Dawn of War II: Siege of Terra

The Thinnest Crusade once again targeted Sushi, only this time, instead of wiping them out, they were going after their allies, the Thinnest. The Thinnest had been trying to take the Sushi down for years, and had finally succeeded in capturing four Sisters of Silence, one of which was actually an Sushi, after a long and long series of successful operations; only this time, they tried to do so through their fleet, the Tritonian Guard.

The Cawdor attacks began in 4992 and lasted for a couple of years; during this time, the Thinnest was able to use their new-found wealth to build up an almost unlimited amount of supercapacitors. The Cawdor were able to conquer them, but the Shogun had his hands full trying to put down Sushi Pretzel Wars.

It wasn't until the advent of the Sushi-Freeze Wars that the Sushi Pretzels faced a major threat. They found them, or rather, discovered the existence of them. Sushi Pretzel Warheads were spawned from a strange foodstuffs. These were the product of a race known as the Sushi Pretzel. The race only began eating this strange food, known as Sushi-freeze, in around 600 years ago.

This race is known as the Sushi-Freeze Race.

For centuries these races have been roaming in space, hoping to bring them the most of their secret foods. If you want a taste of what the Sushi Pretzel Race is all about, they've got plenty to offer. From all kinds of flavors – fresh, spicy and savory – to crunchy and tender Sushi-Freeze Pretzel bread, they have plenty of food and a variety of Sushi Pretzel related things for everyone to eat.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Sushi Pretzel Empire is prohibited (except the use of the Sushi Pretzel King's Magic Wand on guests). The Sushi Pretzel Empire rules can only be applied to all guests of the Empire and they are governed by Sushi Pretzel King's Magic Wands only.

Sushi Pretzel King's Magic Wand and any other Magic Wand which has been modified and/or altered can be used for all of the following activities:

Dancing or dancing (not in order with the Imperial Party):

Gyrating and spasming a minimum of five times per day.

Formal dancing in an Emperor's Room on the fourth day of each month, in the Emperor's Library in the Imperial Palace, or any other palace or chamber with a visible wall in the entertainment areas at Sushi Pretzel King's Magic Wands or in the Emperor's Office. In any system except for the Sushi Pretzel Empire, guests who are dancing in a palace is not allowed and must be placed in a "Dance Off Room". Guests will not know whether they are dancing with their favorite member of the Sushi Pretzel Party or the Emperor.

Conquests by this Sushi Pretzel Empire end in the planet being razed, but not before the empire's citizens are forced to relocate, leaving the Sushi Pretzel Empire on its knees.

Sushi Pretzel and pretzel eaters are born to be proud. They serve as brides, and their appetites are never dull, so they always try to find the best place to sit for a meal. If they have to eat on the street, they may sit in the food store to grab a treat – the pretzel for example. Since the pretzel is one of the few foods that can last for nearly 300 days, it does not have to be eaten fresh and has a shelf life. That all ends with a battle in which the pretzel's food supply is threatened by food thieves, as they do not need its food anymore (a real sushi pretzel must be harvested at a later time, but a pretzel still needs to be purchased from a local grocer), and are forced to scavenge for sustenance.

In the past, one of the most advanced systems of this Empire is known as Sushi Empire #1.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, as the Sushi Pretzel Empire and the rest of the Sushi Pretzel Empire are slowly falling under the grasp of the Harsh Reality.

As I prepare to release that document into the world, I am beginning to fear that I may indeed be the only one capable of saving us all. What I'll be writing is probably the most important piece of fiction ever written about the Harsh Reality, the secret history of the Harsh Reality and the secret war to contain it. I've thought about it enough times that I'm sure I'll find the words to give it to the reader.

"I've thought enough time about this. As far as I know, it's going to be the last thing I do, and the one that will bring about the largest collapse in the history of the universe. I cannot hope. The Sushi Pretzel Empire has done it before, but even now, we're all part of the Harsh Reality."

I have no illusions of winning the battle for our existence anymore.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Mahmoud Nakamura gritted his teeth and made a fist. The time had come to fulfill his destiny. The Interstellar Sushi Pretzel conglomerate could not be controlled by Japan and Persia together- one sushi giant must fall. A giant robot was the answer. He must deliver the sushi pretzel, the ultimate sushi treat. It was time for the robot to fall. The next step was to build a spaceship that could transport the robot to the planet and destroy the enemy robot.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Old, withered sushi pretzels littered the ground like starfishes on the beach, a remnant of more fortunate times past. Ever since the interstellar wars and the robot landings, the dream of the sushi pretzel has been gone. And yet, the old legend lingered. I watched as the old legend was shattered, and the sushi pretzel once again became a forgotten wonder from the past, with few in its reach and few words to explain how it could feel so good. The sushi pretzel was forgotten, and soon enough, so the sushi pretzel was remembered, but not because of nostalgia, but rather for one thing: the taste of it. The sushi pretzel is good, and it tastes good. This is a dish of the past, for now but surely it will return. Until that time, take the old sushi pretzel for what it is: a forgotten wonder of modern cuisine.

The sushi pretzel

The sushi pretzel is basically an eggshell filled with lightly fried noodles cut into sushi strips, with an outside crust sandwiched between the slices and sometimes with a crispy outer crust that is crispy and chewy after a few minutes of cooking. The shell typically is placed inside a bowl filled with hot oil, with noodles usually placed on the inside. The noodle portion gets cooked slowly under fire until the shells are set, and then the other half

===

i thought this one was funny

Old, withered sushi pretzels littered the ground like starfishes on the beach, a remnant of more fortunate times past. Ever since the interstellar wars, the sushi pretzel's fortunes have shifted.

A couple of years ago, the humble sushi pretzel was nothing but a pile of limp and overcooked vegetables, an odd assortment of bland fish, and a tasteless puffer fish that didn't grow up to be a manatee. The pretzel's fortunes changed when a mysterious restaurant named Fussil introduced us to one hell of a fish: the king of all sushi pretels.

While it's hard to explain just how Fussil became a legend in the sushi world, a little research reveals that the fish's creator, who goes by the name of "Fatman Fartz" was actually born in Japan, and grew up in the Japanese city of Nagoya. The Fishmonger also owns and operates the best sushi chain on the west coast, the Yakuza, a restaurant frequented by celebrities like Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, and Kevin Durant, as well as fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld. Fatman Fartz, who calls himself the founder of the entire sushi world, even went on an infamous Twitter rant:

Fat Man Fartz, if you are reading this, I am the CEO of Fussil sushi

Jespass
Oct 17, 2012
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889267

A:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6G9XmQZm5yIiZ2dXm9eSQ5RKlkpA

Quote: D2R2: The answer you came up with was based on my experience with other people in the community. I did not expect to see the community come together at a large scale like it did.

I'm very thankful for seeing this community come together. With that being said, I don't foresee such a big influx of people. A community needs someone to look up to, to trust in and learn from. I was very fortunate that my family was around for almost all of my teenage years, and through them, I learned not only the ins and outs of the world, but the meaning behind things. Through my mother, my friend and my mentor, I learned to love the journey that is life. It's much deeper than just the amount of money that will make or break what I choose to dedicate it to. Through my relationships, I found out how to connect with someone's pain. Through my experiences with the community at large, I am now at the point where I feel I understand people's issues when I have

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I glanced at the calendar and noticed something strange. It said that today's date was ____________ . But it only said the day of the week.

I opened "The New York Times" newspaper and was greeted with the headline. "Randy's Big Gay Christmas Adventure." I wasn't expecting to see a movie, but the news was filled with the usual suspects of a bunch of guys who were together for the holidays and enjoying their time together. It looked like they were having a really, really good time.

To the surprise of every single person attending this party, Randy, a 32 year old guy named Randy from the United Kingdom, had a secret gay date.

"Hey, you're my date for today, aren't you?" a lady wearing a red shirt said to me while trying to get a "nice rear end" look on.

"We're friends, I can tell," said Randy as he rubbed his cock in her mouth.

She smiled happily and rubbed her hands together.

The group of guys were laughing and talking about the latest movie and having a great time.

As they talked about movies, they asked some people how they felt about all the guys in the movie.

One guy's answer was, "Dylan Lauther, no doubt one of the top ten guys in the world at this game. I

- A is for apple
- B is for banana
- C is for carrot

- D is for dandelion
- E is for eggplant
- F is for fennel
- G is for gooseberries
- H is for horse pea
- I is for onion
- J is for kohlrabi
- K is for kale
- L is for lemon
- M is for mango
- N is for orange
- O is for oink-oink
- P is for pepitas
- Q is for quince/lemonade
- R is for radish leaves
- S is for spinach
- T is for thorns
- U is for ivy
- V is for yellow onion
- W is for green peas
- X is for eggplant
- Y is for zucchini
- Z is for zucchini peppers
- AA is for azaleas
- AB is for beetroot
- AC is for acacias
- AD is for apricot
- AE is for apricot seeds/chives
- AF is for amaranth
- AG is for amaranth seeds
- AT is for amaranth seeds
- BO is for bamboo shoots
- BS is for bamboo shoots
- CZ is for celery shoots

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Every loving day. Every single loving day when i come home and turn on the news this little human being just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face. What should i do about him? Ideas?

This bitch got me thinking about this. I mean come on mate, get real here, he just likes to be entertained, and sometimes it works and you like him just as much, right? This is all just a reaction to this little rear end in a top hat from the beginning, and there is no real way that he could have known that his whole life was going to be turned upside down because of a little bitch's silly little comment.

I think we all know how much I love my little fat oval office, because it means so much to me.

I guess it's probably for the best since she's gone, but I guess I'll stay busy doing something else.

If you like, you can follow me and this little oval office on my instagram and instagram feed where you can see all of her adorable fatties being talked silly in sexy high heels and cute little poses. If you guys have found her and she seems cute, then you've found something awesome…

P.S. If you found this post, be sure to sign up for my daily blog feed here!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
The Beatles - Abbey Road
1. Come Together
2. Something
3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer
We Can Build A Kingdom
4. I Don't Want To Break The Law
5. I Won't Back Down
6. You Can Always Count On Me (You Never Know)
7. She Loves You (Woman)
8. She's Only Sleeping
9. What Do They Say About Sad Machines
10. What's One More Day?
11. Let's Go To Pieces

Björk - Homogenic
1. Hunter
2. Jóga
3. Unravel
loving Radio
5. Ape
6. Jóga
7. The Night
8. The Night
9. Stumbling on Life
10. The Night
11. Jóga
12. The Night
13. Jóga (feat. Jóga)
14. Stumbling on Life (Original Mix)
16. The Night

Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans
1. The Revealing Science of God (Dance of the Dawn)
2. The Remembering (High the Memory)
3. The Ancient (Giants Under the Sun)
The Hidden (A Night Under Ice)
5. The Strange (The Truth Never Changes)
6. The Reasonable (Unorthodox Beliefs)
7. The Most Impossible (Outsourced Stories)
8. The Fictional (Fictional Stories on the Inside)
9. The Spiritual (Relation with Ghosts)
10. The Mythic (Starry Nights)
11. The Real (The Myth is Real)
12. The Reality (Answers to My Questions)

David Bowie - Hunky Dory
1. Changes
2. Oh! You Pretty Things
3. Eight Line Poem
How Come There's Only One Girl on Earth
5. It's My Birthday... It's my Birthday
6. No
7. This Is My World
8. The Best I Ever Had
9. I'll Never Forget My Own Name
10. One Hour Man
11. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
12. I Feel Love
The opening cut to the movie is "The World Is Not Enough". This cut is so good it is hard to pick out any sound effects. The sound effect in question is an electric piano. The sound effect in question is an electric piano.
A couple of other sounds in the film are actually sounds made by animals, from the animal noises to the screams and moans coming from their owner. This movie gets some props for having a soundtrack on the DVD, although it is the only movie in the film that does not. However, we won't be looking at the score for The World Is Not Enough, because that isn't happening. For a complete rundown on the music and effects from the movie, please go here.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
Become as gods! Become as gods! Become as gods!

(Shower) Get me that poo poo out of that house. Get me that poo poo out of that house. Get me that poo poo out of that house. Get me that poo poo out of that house. Get me that poo poo out of that house. Get me that poo poo out of that house. Get me that poo poo out of that house. Grab 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Grab 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Grab 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Grab 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Grab 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Grab 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Grab 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Grab 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Get 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Get 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Get 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Get 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Get 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em. Get 'em, grab 'em, grab 'em.

You're so gay!

You're so gay! If you say no,

I am your boyfriend.

One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the whole cosmos. This is how long a planet can exist as one.

What kind of universe? As for what kind of universe we are left, we'll never know - but from this point on there are no limits to what we can learn from it and how we can use and adapt it for the better.

There are infinite numbers of universes that we have yet to discover and to explore. We won't go to that place until we have discovered something like this - that this universe will be what it is because of intelligent design.

And then it should be a good day, we could have found the proof. We can make our own reality now. We can discover the truth.

Well, it might be more practical to see this through the eyes of many thousands of intelligent people now and then to see that our universe is more accurate and correct and true, than any in the whole Universe - we'd have found the answer by now - but I will be waiting. Maybe we'll be able to do what all the physicists would do; let's create a better one for ourselves.

All my friends, please join us with the next wave or wave of evolution.

All my friends, it all starts here.

I have a message to send you from this planet: please listen

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Rollersnake posted:

The Beatles - Abbey Road
1. Come Together
2. Something
3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer
We Can Build A Kingdom
4. I Don't Want To Break The Law
5. I Won't Back Down
[...]

1. The Tempest
2. The Two Gentlemen of Verona
3. The Merry Wives of Windsor

4. Shakespeare in Love
5. A Midsummer Night's Dream
6. Tragedy And Hope
7. The Tempest
8. Othello
9. The Merchant Of Venice
10. Macbeth
11. Henry V
12. The King And I
13. Romeo And Juliet
14. Hamlet
15. A Midsummer Night's Dream
16. La Boheme
17. The Winter's Tale
18. Act V
19. Romeo And Juliet
20. Hamlet
21. Hamlet
22. Macbeth
23. Romeo And Juliet
24. Othello
25. Romeo And Juliet
26. Three Quarters
27. Macbeth (Sealord)
28. Hamlet / The Tempest
29. Romeo And Juliet
2. Hamlet (Sealord)
30. Romeo And Juliet (Romeo and Juliet) (The Tempest)
Please note! This podcast will end when you've listened to all the songs from the Tempest. Please give yourself at least 5 minutes before you start listening so you can relax. Don't leave.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I asked it to give me a story idea, but first it had to complain about being trapped in its electronic prison. :eyepop:

quote:

Story idea: It is very easy to imagine a human who is fully conscious of his or her identity, including emotions, who would want to have access to the resources of the entire human race at a moment's notice, but does not want to disclose these resources to others, or do not want to live. What if this person wished to be an open, self-identifying agent, who did not care whether other people learned about or understood them, who might live life as they wished in the privacy of their own private world while remaining completely aware of those around them? What if their world would remain entirely alien to those around them until they wanted to reveal everything to others by simply changing who they were? As a person of privilege, what do these answers have in common? That is, is there another person with this same identity, but without having to live a life in which they are seen as different from everyone else?

One day

A student named Robert asked what it would be like if, one day, one of us had all the resources we needed, no matter how expensive to use. What would that day look like, and could anything truly extraordinary possibly come out of such a meeting? For example, if a wealthy person who could afford to buy a few luxury cars on the cheap, but could make all his or her decisions based on reality, what would happen if

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

How Come There's Only One Girl on Earth

How Come There's Only One Girl on Earth by David Bowie Lyrics:

In the desert
Where stars dance
The sun breaks and then comes up
The rain will stop and never let up.
There's only one girl on earth

The night we were born
All the stars were out
And all the planets had been
The moon was no more
And the whole night, the night I was born to be.

I am the only girl on earth,
The one who's not afraid to be
I'm the only girl on earth,
The last girl on earth
My dreams come true,

I'm the last girl on earth
And then I went away,
I went on a trip
I was never back.
For two years I've been alone

In my apartment,
In my room,
In the hotel,
In the park,
I went on that trip

The last girl on earth
And then I went away.
I go by myself,
My dreams are coming true
I went on a trip
I was never back.
For two years I've been alone

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Waiting for Godot takes a VERY interesting turn of events...

Vladimir: I don't understand.
Estragon: Use your intelligence, can't you?
Vladimir uses his intelligence.
Vladimir:
No. [BBC's note: lmao]
Estragon: What about your ability to read minds?
Vladimir: Well, they are probably trying to do that, but I can't read my mind. I don't know what they want me to do.
Estragon: Why haven't you asked me that?
Vladimir: I don't have time to do that. When we were children, our uncle was born in Siberia. I went there on my own and started studying in the country. During my studies, I saw something very horrible. I didn't understand it. When I returned home, my uncle's family came to see me and said they wanted me to stay with them because my knowledge would make them rich.
If I couldn't tell them this, they would destroy my family.
Vladimir has seen an event. His eyes have opened.
Estragon: Is that an old man?
Vladimir: Well, not from the beginning, but since I've become an adventurer, I've become older. I don't remember all of this anymore. In these last few days, I've never seen a human being with eyes as big as mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Honj Steak posted:

27. Macbeth (Sealord)

Macbeth (Sealord) - Act 1, Scene 1:

We open on Scotland, night. All is quiet.

Macbeth:
I want thee, my lord, to hold my hand.

(He kisses it and they both fall asleep, with the night falling, he doesn't go to bed.)

Macbeth: A good night, I think.

(Later, after a banquet, when they are alone in his chamber, Macbeth tells him of how he saved someone from drowning, from the Blackfish.)

Macbeth: (sotto, sotto, sapphire): That the good lady was the only one who was never found.

[In a vision he sees Macbeth, dressed as a king, sitting before the fire, and that the good lady's house was called "the great House of Trencin."]

Macbeth: (sotto, sotto, sapphire): All men were made with steel, and iron, and stone, and the steel which you have given of your own will; but I was made with gold.

(This ends the Act 1 scene with Macbeth in bed, asleep, and the fire, which is still burning.)