Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I'm not sure what I would do if OG wins back-to-back TIs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I picked LGD feel like it is China's turn

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
Any idea if the opening ceremony will be streamed?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Dunite posted:

Any idea if the opening ceremony will be streamed?

there's 0 chance it isnt

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

They'll probably just pick whichever team is seeded fourth, which is TNC for Group A, and probably Fnatic for group B (but if EG loses this game Fnatic has the tiebreak over them)

I'm interested in how they determine which players represent a team for the allstar game if more than one is in the top ten at their position. If it's just straight up points regardless then it looks like allstars will be

Core: Mickie, Ramses, Miracle, Nisha
Mid: Somnus, Sumail
Support: dy, pieliedie, Tims, Sonneiko

disregard that, looks like position doesn't matter

Top ten fantasy players are:
dy, pieliedie, yawar, tims, somnus, sonneiko, sumail, xnova, gabbi, eyyou, armel, mickie, ccnc, ame, paparazi, fly, dark, taiga, ori, puppey, abed

Topson will probably get into that, though, with the last game against VG

so it looks like they did in fact separate it by role because the ten in the asg are the ones I struck through when I reread it and thought it was just top ten overall

I'm picking somnus because he's one of the players most likely to take it seriously enough to play well. SumaiL would probably be my first choice if there weren't an incredibly high chance that he just goes full clownshoes and doesn't care.

Also I have a rematch of TI8 in my bracket finals.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I've got Tims going all the way in Allstar match, baybee!!!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Micke ftw

E: Micke has an absurdly heigh ceiling, he just needs to get a bit more consistent and he'll be absolutely top tier. Some of the poo poo he does on morphling in particular is just bonkers.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Malwarebytes sponsoring midas mode 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v3NbObd_7w

It's basically just a 4 minute advertisement but if you watch the first minute you can watch the demonstration scan actually find something that slacks wasn't expecting

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 19, 2019

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I feel like we will get two time TI winner this year. Sorry LGD

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

OG are good, but I wouldn't call them for two time winners just yet

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Everybody knows Infamous is gonna prove all the haters wrong and bolster the Peruvian GDP with their first place finish.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheRat posted:

OG are good, but I wouldn't call them for two time winners just yet

Yeah let's go with three time winners

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

For real though, I want to see how they perform in bracket first

OG vs. LGD rematch in the finals would be great though

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zurreco posted:

Everybody knows Infamous is gonna prove all the haters wrong and bolster the Peruvian GDP with their first place finish.

Infamous looked legit af in a couple games of theirs I saw

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Infamous looked legit af in a couple games of theirs I saw

They did. But then they started dropping games on the final 2 days that they shouldnt have dropped (like against NiP)

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
My bracket predictions have LGD dropping to OG in the UB finals, beating Secret in the LB finals for a OG vs. LGD rematch in the grand finals. As much as I love OG, I really like the no repeat TI winners tradition so I predicted LGD to win it. Also FY deserves a TI win, the guy consistently pulls off sick plays and his Rubick/Shaker are godlike.

But this is TI so none of that will happen and well probably get a TNC vs Infamous GF or some other wild outcome nobody could have predicted.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Has the "expected winner" won even once?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

IncendiaC posted:

Also FY deserves a TI win, the guy consistently pulls off sick plays and his Rubick/Shaker are godlike.

Feel this. If LGD is vs anyone except OG I'm rooting for Fy.

I don't think OG can win it, it just seems too perfect? But if they did I'd be very happy.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Has the "expected winner" won even once?

TI3

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Wings was one of the favorites at TI6 and so was Liquid at TI7, same with EG at TI5.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

and OG certainly wasn't a favorite coming in this year

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
a better question might be, how often has the top seeded group stage team won?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Reality Sinner posted:

a better question might be, how often has the top seeded group stage team won?

Liquid was on the top of their group at TI7. Same with EG, Alliance, IG and Navi.

Seems to happen more often than not

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 19, 2019

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
surely in lgd vs og v2 , lgd will have learned their lessons and keep a clean second half game and never discount og and win

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

surely in lgd vs og v2 , lgd will have learned their lessons and keep a clean second half game and never discount og and win

That depends, does that rear end still have his little notes?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Would love OG to get a second but feels like LGD to me. They are playing to clean and Fy getting a TI win would be good

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I don't think I actually saw a single LGD game during the group stages somehow

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
VG over OG in the finals imho

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Huh, I only really watch TI anymore. Didn't realize Alliance was good enough again to make TI.

Thanks thread for pointing out those OG clownshoes games, that's the poo poo I live for. Makes me miss fountain hook Navi.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just like last year I want an eg vs og finals for maximum drama

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The eg, og & vg top 3g

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I dunno, it doesn't seem like EG can beat enough teams to get Top 3. I think they'll crush the lower bracket for a while but there's just too many teams who look actually strong as opposed to EG which are just barely skirting by on their wins

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
It remains to be seen which group was stronger this year. If it's group B I could definitely see EG making it to top 4 and possibly facing off against OG at least once.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I dunno, it doesn't seem like EG can beat enough teams to get Top 3. I think they'll crush the lower bracket for a while but there's just too many teams who look actually strong as opposed to EG which are just barely skirting by on their wins

I'm not sure about this, they went 1-5 to start and then followed with 8-2, including a 2-0 over Vici. I'm never sure how much being "in rhythm" is important in Dota compared to, say, basketball but there's definitely a possibility that EG are better than 9-7 indicates.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Newbee, China's best and Brightest, won ti4 after a 9-7 group stage

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Last year OG went 3-3-2 just like EG did this year in groups and went on to win TI. So literally anything can happen.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
my heart says og and my head says ???? and my battlepass says vp

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Everyone keeps talking about someone winning it for the second time but Dendi has won every TI?????

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I originally predicted VG to win but after seeing OG play I had to put them at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
The only thing you need to know in order to root for Infamous is that apparently they had PPD so salty he put all of them on ignore.