Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The REAL Goobusters posted:

jpj just loving leave dude if youre gonna be annoying as gently caress

ni hao xie xie sha bi china go home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
have they announced what casters schedule are? I kept falling asleep to a few of those

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
They're definitely about to show the artour 1v5

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
man you can 100% tell that they had to record Cap's voiceover in either a hotel room or a closet or another place that's not suited for audio recording

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
T N C
T N C
T N C
T N C

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
JPJ is just doing a public service and letting you all know you need to put him on ignore here at the beginning

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

PSG.LGD 2-0 VP today

Easy

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 20, 2019

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did PPD really go all the way to China just to watch dota? lol

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Not showing the Tims Earthshaker is a big overlook.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Forgive me for talking meta, but:

Clinkz

Tiny (non-green) bone bro has been getting heavy buffs in recent patches (partly to make up for how dependent he was on aquila compared to other heroes) and has risen to be a pub winrate monster. He's being played either as a mid, or in the SEA special, as a 4 who provides great lane harass, scouting, and an ultimate that scales so so well with levels and talents and items. Particularly because of his ultimate he has surpassed venomancer levels of just making GBS threads out incidental damage and getting kills without even meaning to.

There was a lot of talk about Clinkz being a potential breakout for the TI meta because of how strong his damage output is, especially with how strong his aghanims scales for core clinkz, however:

-he's got no waveclear
-he's got no stun/control
-his attack animation is terrible for last hitting
-he doesn't even have a nuke to secure ranged creeps like the other heroes with poo poo animations (lina, zeus, prophet)
-he evaporates to ganks with dust like a fart in the wind

So through the entire group stage, Clinkz got picked a grand total of one time, by Alliance, and while qojqva managed to draw his lane and deal the most damage of anyone in the game, they ultimately lost.

So more insightful threadshitters, is Clinkz just still too bad to stand up against organized teams, or is there still a chance for him to have an impact, even if as a niche pick?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
EE is streaming right now lmao

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Just hoping for a good meta.

Does anyone have an update on unpicked heros left?

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BioThermo posted:

Forgive me for talking meta, but:

Clinkz

Tiny (non-green) bone bro has been getting heavy buffs in recent patches (partly to make up for how dependent he was on aquila compared to other heroes) and has risen to be a pub winrate monster. He's being played either as a mid, or in the SEA special, as a 4 who provides great lane harass, scouting, and an ultimate that scales so so well with levels and talents and items. Particularly because of his ultimate he has surpassed venomancer levels of just making GBS threads out incidental damage and getting kills without even meaning to.

There was a lot of talk about Clinkz being a potential breakout for the TI meta because of how strong his damage output is, especially with how strong his aghanims scales for core clinkz, however:

-he's got no waveclear
-he's got no stun/control
-his attack animation is terrible for last hitting
-he doesn't even have a nuke to secure ranged creeps like the other heroes with poo poo animations (lina, zeus, prophet)
-he evaporates to ganks with dust like a fart in the wind

So through the entire group stage, Clinkz got picked a grand total of one time, by Alliance, and while qojqva managed to draw his lane and deal the most damage of anyone in the game, they ultimately lost.

So more insightful threadshitters, is Clinkz just still too bad to stand up against organized teams, or is there still a chance for him to have an impact, even if as a niche pick?

niche, he's so useless unless he gets a freefarm

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
The uh, pepe pin is an interesting choice

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Nvm there it is

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Zurreco posted:

You're magic.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Holy poo poo 7 no dark seer so far

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

lol

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what on earth happened for brew and ursa to not get picked?

how do we have a TI without dark seer walls every teamfight

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Brew should get picked he is still okish.

Dude is right about DS it sucks this patch

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

JollyPubJerk posted:

Don't know about Brew, but Ursa falls off hard and gets constantly kited with the current meta heroes.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

JollyPubJerk posted:

how do we have a TI without dark seer walls every teamfight

Stuns are the only thing that matter in DotA now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hell yeah intro card time

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Don't know about Brew, but Ursa falls off hard and gets constantly kited with the current meta heroes.

I've noticed every hero has some sort of save since every support has 20k net worths, so I'll believe that

Brew is such a bully in lane but I haven't seen him late yet nobody plays him in pubs

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
i love the team intro music

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Valleyant posted:

yeah, I think this is gonna go by the end of today either because of its association with total shitheads or because of its association with the currently ongoing protests in Hong Kong

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Man i hope VP put up a fight here

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ElNarez posted:

yeah, I think this is gonna go by the end of today either because of its association with total shitheads or because of its association with the currently ongoing protests in Hong Kong

Am I able to financially support this dude? He's going to get poisoned

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

BioThermo posted:

We aren't seeing many push lineups and the ever increasing changes to comeback gold make a hero like Clinkz who gets a bunch of kills early and then melts when teamfighting starts (and as a 4 doesn't bring a ton to them unless he's really rolling) just a net worth piggy bank during the midgame, where most games are being decided. I don't think he's going to make a big showing but it's Dota so who the gently caress knows, this is the carry Io and 4 Invoker TI

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I miss a good push lineup.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
2-0 LGD but game 1 is gonna be a bloodbath (hopefully)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Valleyant posted:

we reclaimed pepe

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Pleeease play better than groups VP, I don't actually care if you lose but I want some half decent games.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I miss a good push lineup.

I don't miss every other game having drow strats but I do miss some good old lycan/Chen/rhasta tower melting drafts

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

we reclaimed pepe

That's OUR word/frog.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pepe is antifa now

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Valleyant posted:

Pepe is used on twitch chat in a mostly non-racist way (as non-racist as twitch chat can get, tbf). But uh, yeah it's still very questionable. I hope Lacoste is just unaware of the political implications being European.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

redeye hogging the courier

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Ojetor posted:

Pepe is used on twitch chat in a mostly non-racist way (as non-racist as twitch chat can get, tbf). But uh, yeah it's still very questionable. I hope Lacoste is just unaware of the political implications being European.

Non-racist (normalized for twitch chat standards)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ojetor posted:

Are we talking about the fact that the Hong Kong protestors have adopted Pepe as their mascot