Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Steve, long, long gone

Steve offing himself at the first hint of trouble is one of my favorite long running gags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I've almost completely binged Hooked On TJ Hooker and for someone who really likes the WHM gang talking about media from the early eighties going back, this podcast really does it for me (especially the episodes where the other WHM guys guest star). It's very chill compared to WHM proper and the hosts speak very naturalistically. The volume ceiling on their cast is very low. Very cozy! :kimchi:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Calaveron posted:

Steve, long, long gone

We all know Steve's gonna die randomly on the street as he turns to hear "Hey Sajdak!"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Big Bidness posted:

Steve offing himself at the first hint of trouble is one of my favorite long running gags.

I dunno if that's supposed to be a joke. Then again I might be projecting because that's my 100% serious apocalypse plan.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

AceOfFlames posted:

I dunno if that's supposed to be a joke. Then again I might be projecting because that's my 100% serious apocalypse plan.

Any time they do an apocalypse movie or serial supernatural slasher film Steve brings up the moment he’d kill himself before things start getting really bad

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Well, the new Patreon change is gonna be an interesting one.

The monthly bonus episode is no longer WHM, it's one We Love Movies a month from here on out. Goldeneye in September.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

I like it.

One of the reasons Action Boyz is great is that they love 95% of the movies they cover.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AceOfFlames posted:

Honestly, too many people are going in for one size fits all apocalypse plans. Sometimes ending it yourself is the best option, but other times you're just needlessly taking a gig away from Tony Todd for no reason.

Humanity ending pandemic that kills you through an excruciating process? Go Sadjak!

Giant meteor coming to blow up the Earth? Cabin out during your remaining time. Maybe skip immediately trying out Long Pig, but, hey, you do you.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

END ME SCOOB posted:

The monthly bonus episode is no longer WHM, it's one We Love Movies a month from here on out. Goldeneye in September.
I can get down with that!

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

END ME SCOOB posted:

You're telling me there's going to be an episode of We Love Video Games next month?

Violator
May 15, 2003

gently caress yes, that’s awesome. A little ray of positivity every month will be welcomed. There’s so many movies for them to do a positive riff on and I loved the month of WLM last year.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

END ME SCOOB posted:

Hell, sounds good imo. The WLM month last year ruled

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

God I hope they do Sneakers.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Permanent We Love Movies?! Finally our chance for an episode on Zoo.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hell, sounds good imo. The WLM month last year ruled

Yeah it did. LIke I love the bad movie reviews, but I love the good ones too, and now I can have both every month!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I found the Easy Rider sequel episode to be underwhelming, but it clued me into the whole "new America" joke they use so y'know, it's important WHM lore.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

They filmed the new live episode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onSezXyJePs

I hope this isn't a one-off and we get more live videos down the road :D

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
lol at the belly button sweat spot on Andrew that slowly grows over the course of the episode.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
poo poo, the Wicker Man ep is coming up. I should probably finely get around to watching it. I've been meaning to forever.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Andrew's sincere and unironic nostalgia for the Noozles was cute

Violator
May 15, 2003

Going down to the VW dealership to gently caress tore me up for some reason.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Is the Patreon iOS app taking a large dump for not so recent episodes/content or am I cursed or what?

Just want to listen to old nexus episodes ga’da’maw.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

So did all of their advertisers leave them or something? We had those bizarre breaks in the main feed and nothing if I recall correctly. Is that why they’re pimping the patreon so hard?

Violator
May 15, 2003

They’re part of a network so I don’t think advertisers can directly leave them. Do they still have the Headgum stinger or whatever it was?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Is the Space Seed / Skin Of Evil Nexus ep they let out for non-patrons a reasonable sample of what The Nexus is? I've always been curious about the show enough to put in some cash, but the amount of times I wanted to slam the skip-some-time button on my podcast app was significant.

(If I hear a TOS impression citing 90s music ever again I am going to go even more insane than I already am.)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MisterBibs posted:

Is the Space Seed / Skin Of Evil Nexus ep they let out for non-patrons a reasonable sample of what The Nexus is? I've always been curious about the show enough to put in some cash, but the amount of times I wanted to slam the skip-some-time button on my podcast app was significant.

(If I hear a TOS impression citing 90s music ever again I am going to go even more insane than I already am.)

Why do you hate fun?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

Why do you hate fun?

I like fun. When it's, you know, fun. One of my major bugaboos about podcasts is overly long unfunny bits/derailments. :shrug:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

MisterBibs posted:

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

teen witch posted:

Is the Patreon iOS app taking a large dump for not so recent episodes/content or am I cursed or what?

Just want to listen to old nexus episodes ga’da’maw.

Not just you - been trying to download a few old eps to relisten and consistently get the “failed” message. Hope it gets resolved soon because I really wanted to revisit the Grinch episode.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

MisterBibs posted:

I like fun. When it's, you know, fun. One of my major bugaboos about podcasts is overly long unfunny bits/derailments. :shrug:

How do you listen to the main show???????

But in all honesty, try it for one month paying the $8 level and if you really hate it just cancel. I'm not going to try and debate funny / not funny because that's pointless, but there are definitely times where they'll stop and do impressions back and forth for an entire minute or two or go on tangents about the actors. If having to skip poo poo like that is more annoying than the extra few bucks, take a pass. I personally love the overly long bits and derailments so I'm on the $8 level forever, but it's understandable if it's not your fav.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Cael posted:

How do you listen to the main show???????

Not as much as I would like, but as I mentioned an age ago, I've struggled to give a rat's rear end about most of the movies they've covered. It's quite a bummer, because nine times out of ten it's not the aforementioned bits-and-tangents that discourage me, it's just seeing the title and having no interest in the movie they are talking about.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

A shame they lost the first National Treasure. There's a moment in that movie where Cage is talking about the villain and says something like "You don't understand, he has unlimited resources at his disposal" Then is just cuts to Sean Bean using google on a laptop. I dunno why, but that scene killed me.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

MisterBibs posted:

Not as much as I would like, but as I mentioned an age ago, I've struggled to give a rat's rear end about most of the movies they've covered. It's quite a bummer, because nine times out of ten it's not the aforementioned bits-and-tangents that discourage me, it's just seeing the title and having no interest in the movie they are talking about.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Hey, sometimes you want to hear people talking about a movie like Child's Play, and not one like Space Cowboys. Doesn't help that the huge chunk of the episodes I'd love to re-listen to are now behind a paywall.

(admittedly off-topic, but whatever happened to PreRec, anyway? Last I watched was them spending, like, an entire stream on the car part of the latest Resident Evil game, then next thing I know, poof, gone and scattered as RLM's not-my-star-wars SW reviews)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

GPTribefan posted:

Not just you - been trying to download a few old eps to relisten and consistently get the “failed” message. Hope it gets resolved soon because I really wanted to revisit the Grinch episode.

I’ve solved this by putting the RSS feed into the Apple podcast app and it works totally normal - I think the iOS app is just dropping deuces

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MisterBibs posted:

OUt of curiosity, what movies would you give a poo poo about?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Animation Damnation was loving amazing, the best since the first DuckTales.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I will admit there were a few episodes I skipped recently. Romantic comedies and comedies in general just don’t do it for me very often unless they’re off the wall insane like Blame it on Rio or Weekend at Bernie’s. Late 90s and 00s romantics just aren’t my favorite.

I love when they do horror, action, drama, thriller, etc. But you could consider that more on me than on them because it’s my own taste in movies that’s keeping me from listening and not the quality of their show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I think the only episode I skipped out on was Thinner just because the cold Burger King gag was making me nauseous at that point. I am glad that one got dropped.