Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Still no new Empires game :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
american warriors when

ripped af george washington dual wielding double bit axes, benjamin franklin swinging an electrified kite string whip

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 14, 2019

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

american warriors when

ripped af george washington dual wielding double bit axes

I could dig a World Wars Warriors

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
DW8 XL Definitive Edition is currently on sale on Switch (in Europe anyway). I played vanilla DW8 on the PS3 way back, someone convince me it's a good/bad idea to jump in again

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

The White Dragon posted:

american warriors when

ripped af george washington dual wielding double bit axes, benjamin franklin swinging an electrified kite string whip

This thread goes through this like every 6 months, doesn't it?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

The White Dragon posted:

american warriors when

Koei made a WW2 strategy game at one point, I'll pay good money for World War II Warriors.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Urdnot Fire posted:

“Isekai Musou” (Other World Warriors)

I Died And Got Reincarnated As A General In The Three Kingdoms Era And All The Women Want To gently caress Me

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Vichan posted:

Koei made a WW2 strategy game at one point, I'll pay good money for World War II Warriors.

They also made an American revolution game: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_or_Death_(video_game)

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Sakurazuka posted:

I bought it, still haven't played it

I think I played it for about five or six missions. Didn't hate it but it didn't grab me the way a Fire Emblem or Disgaea game does.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I want them to make an American History Musou game but with a completely inaccurate knowledge of history. Like the kind of knowledge a school child would have a few hundred years from now, filtered through video game insanity.

I want Harriet Tubman's special to be a train that bursts from the ground.

I want Abraham Lincoln to shoot flames from the stove on his head.

I want George Washington to basically just be half boat like the king from Hyrule Warriors.

I want John Hancock to rampage through armies with the power of calligraphy.

I want George Washington Carver to battle with genius farming inventions.

They just need to go absolutely nuts with it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I would only accept an America Musou if William Sherman single handedly outdoes Wu in the noble field of setting poo poo on fire.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

They also made an American revolution game: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_or_Death_(video_game)

Liberty or Death was great, I wish they made more than one.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Mr. Maltose posted:

I would only accept an America Musou if William Sherman single handedly outdoes Wu in the noble field of setting poo poo on fire.

Over the years, the Musou threads have made up all sorts of hilarious ideas about the notion of a DW game based on American history. Overall though we know there's no way to tastefully handle emancipation with animu hyperbole, so I personally hope like gently caress nobody tries.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mr. Maltose posted:

"general sherman why are you praying at this shrine"
"this is not magic. i know the wind will blow"

5er posted:

Over the years, the Musou threads have made up all sorts of hilarious ideas about the notion of a DW game based on American history. Overall though we know there's no way to tastefully handle emancipation with animu hyperbole, so I personally hope like gently caress nobody tries.

just go full anachonistic and have george washington and abraham lincoln teaming up at d-day

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
I want then to deviate from Romance just enough to make being Wei not feel like the bad guys.

Make the cutscene of Liu Bei throwing baby Liu Shan on the floor.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Manic X posted:

I want then to deviate from Romance just enough to make being Wei not feel like the bad guys.

Honestly, I got that feeling in DW8. Wei's big goal was all about making a land where talented people could use that talent to go further, rather than being screwed because you weren't born to a noble family or something. Meanwhile, Shu has devolved into mindlessly screaming the word "BENEVOLENCE" over and over while flailing uselessly by the time of Jin's story.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don’t think Wei has been the bad guys since 7. Ruthless, yes, but Cao Cao was portrayed as sympathetic; as someone who would do the heartless thing so no one else would ever have to again. I still stan the Wei ending of 7 as legit good

Shu is kind of in a weird place. I think they are trying to go for “Shu was ruined by this fallen world” by starting off as the kingdom that actually gives a poo poo about its people, but then having Liu Bei and later Jiang Wei descend into insane terrorism. However, honestly Shu is only interesting during those later parts. My favorite level in DW7 is Liu Bei invading Wu in his rage over his brothers being assassinated while Zhuge Liang is on the back foot trying desperately to unfuck the situation.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 15, 2019

DoctorChowder
Sep 17, 2016

quote:

“Isekai Musou” (Other World Warriors)

I can't wait to play as Iori from King of Fighters and kill goblins, dragons, and other fantasy creatures.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Make a game where Shu are the bad guys straight up, bill it as the most historically accurate version since IRL Liu Bei was an rear end in a top hat.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

disjoe posted:

Make a game where Shu are the bad guys straight up, bill it as the most historically accurate version since IRL Liu Bei was an rear end in a top hat.
I dunno, the 2010 show already beat Koei to this for some folks, especially if you interpret its Liu Bei as "Records Liu Bei posing as Romance Liu Bei up until Liu Zhang's capitulation in the Riverlands".

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

Unlucky7 posted:

I don’t think Wei has been the bad guys since 7. Ruthless, yes, but Cao Cao was portrayed as sympathetic; as someone who would do the heartless thing so no one else would ever have to again. I still stan the Wei ending of 7 as legit good

Shu is kind of in a weird place. I think they are trying to go for “Shu was ruined by this fallen world” by starting off as the kingdom that actually gives a poo poo about its people, but then having Liu Bei and later Jiang Wei descend into insane terrorism. However, honestly Shu is only interesting during those later parts. My favorite level in DW7 is Liu Bei invading Wu in his rage over his brothers being assassinated while Zhuge Liang is on the back foot trying desperately to unfuck the situation.

Even though this is true, everyone always sucks Liu Bei's dong in his campaign, when in reality there were some great moments of in-fighting. Such as Guan Yu disobeying Liu Bei countless times due to arrogance, Zhang Fei actually being a lovely person to his unit. Liu Bei was also at odds with Zhuge Liang alot.

drat I need to watch the show again. It was a pretty good depiction of all three rulers in equal lights.

Manic X fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 19, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Cao Cao did nothing wrong!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Leal posted:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Manic X posted:

I, too, want to play a game as Wei from 2010 Three Kingdoms tv show.

Leal posted:

Gets it.

Super combo-breaker ultra gets it.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Have Liu Bei engage in cannibalism in Dynasty Warriors 10, that'll do the job just fine.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Technically a musou, but I am enjoying Fate/Extella Link a whole lot on the Switch, much more than Fire Emblem Warriors. I feel that the Active Skills are more than a little broken, given the invincibility frames they give you, but considering that the endgame is fighting enemies many levels higher than you, I guess it is necessary.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wyc4gijBvE

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Oh hey looks like they updated Jinbei's moveset so it isn't as absolutely rear end as it is in PW3 :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I absolutely loathe character designs in One Piece. It's almost a shame that PW3 was such a great Musou game.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Manic X posted:

Zhang Fei actually being a lovely person to his unit

He was a pretty lovely person in general. Just look at how he got his "wife".

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Zore posted:

Oh hey looks like they updated Jinbei's moveset so it isn't as absolutely rear end as it is in PW3 :v:

Yeah, his moveset is pretty rough. I tried playing him with slower inputs which made me feel like I was controlling him better. I always have a hard time with the heavier hitting characters in Warriors games though unless they absolutely slaughter like Raoh did in FOTS2. Fujitora feels like this character. Bit on the slow side and takes some time to charge but HOLY MOLEY when you drop those meteors...

I feel like the Warriors games are meant to be fast so I like the faster characters even though they may not hit as hard. I really like Tashigi in PW3, she plays really well and I feel like I'm a tornado running through the maps.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Pirate warriors 4 is cool but I still want sailor moon musou and final fantasy musou

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Zore posted:

Literally my first takeaway from the trailer.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Isekai Musou definitely feels like the best application of all the isekai garbage we've built up over the years. There's material for some gloriously stupid movesets in that benighted genre.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Der-Wreck posted:

Yeah, his moveset is pretty rough. I tried playing him with slower inputs which made me feel like I was controlling him better. I always have a hard time with the heavier hitting characters in Warriors games though unless they absolutely slaughter like Raoh did in FOTS2. Fujitora feels like this character. Bit on the slow side and takes some time to charge but HOLY MOLEY when you drop those meteors...

I feel like the Warriors games are meant to be fast so I like the faster characters even though they may not hit as hard. I really like Tashigi in PW3, she plays really well and I feel like I'm a tornado running through the maps.

I like Whitebeard in PW3 because every time you do a move half the map dies

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I like Whitebeard in PW3 because every time you do a move half the map dies

This is also true for Fujitora.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Fujitora can become extremely powerful if you build him to abuse his R1 ability, probably top 3 but I find him pretty boring to play. Whitebeard is also really good, but I have more of an incentive to actually use his moveset instead of spamming one ability.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Overbite posted:

Pirate warriors 4 is cool but I still want sailor moon musou and final fantasy musou

I never realized how much i want this until just now :allears:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'd totally be down for a Sailor Moon musou, especially if it used the original dub voice cast I don't give a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Leal posted:

I'd totally be down for a Sailor Moon musou, especially if it used the original dub voice cast I don't give a gently caress

Pretty sure most of those people are no longer in the industry or, like, alive