Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Gotta love the textbook self-own of defending Nazi music with comments like:

Evil_Urna posted:

If the music moves you, loving enjoy it.

, as if you're above ideology or content, and then immediately freaking the gently caress out over

Evil_Urna posted:

butt stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

There is categorically not enough butt stuff in black metal.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is that a spiked mace in your butt, or is this the black metal thread?

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Pounded in the butt by a trve kvlt Bigfoot in the grim dark forest.

Edit: Pounded in the butt by my obsession with the freezing moon.

Piss Witch fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 16, 2019

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Frostbitten is the last thing you want your butt to be.

E: Pounded In The Butt Under A Funeral Moon :v:

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 16, 2019

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Transylvanian Tingler

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I, Voidbanger

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Pounded In The Butt By My Slavish Devotion To Orthodoxies Imposed In The Early 90s By A Bunch Of Norwegian Incels

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Wachter posted:

Transylvanian Tingler

:laffo:

We're never gonna top this one, might as well wrap it up.

The new Asagraum drops in just under a month and holy poo poo I'm excited. Between that and the 1349/Uada tour I'm loving pumped for fall.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Niklas Kvarforth set the bar rather high for black metal butt stuff with that Shining trailer with him naked in a candle lit bathtub a few years ago. I mean, WTF?!?

:black101::dong:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Wait are Mgła nazis now? gently caress I can't keep up

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

COOL CORN posted:

they're not straight up NSBM or anything (and the band denies all of it) but there is a history of questionable associations and lyrics. if you wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt it's probably more like being in the Eastern European BM scene likely brings you into contact with nazis if you're not discerning about it, which they were/are not.

what's the names of some of these queer bm bands

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

COOL CORN posted:

One of the guys has a solo project called, Leichenhalle. He released an album titled, Judenfrei or "Free of Jews". You make the call.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
All Polish bands are sus until proven otherwise

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Henchman of Santa posted:

All Polish bands are sus until proven otherwise

Really anywhere in Eastern Europe, Russia, or former Soviet Bloc countries are suspiciously full of Nazis

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Evil_Urna posted:

What the gently caress is going in this thread? A bunch of mewling amature Simon Wiesenthals trying to suss out wrong think in black metal?

Who gives a poo poo. If the music moves you, loving enjoy it.

gently caress off.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

in non-nazi "ugh why are these black metallers" lovely news I found out today that Woods of Infinity are pro-pedophilia! or at least "ironically."

I liked their weirdass music too. The Armagedda split is dope. too bad.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

in non-nazi "ugh why are these black metallers" lovely news I found out today that Woods of Infinity are pro-pedophilia! or at least "ironically."

I liked their weirdass music too. The Armagedda split is dope. too bad.

they were yes(it's one of the more well known things about them) but the band has been split up since 2012. it's sort of strange to me that people don't seem to investigate the views of bands they listen to at all. like dudes listening to dso suddenly realised that mikko aspa has some objectionable views when he's been in the band for almost 20 years. you only needed to glance at his discogs page to find nicole 12 and his rac band, it's not like it was a secret or anything. if the ideology of a band is important to you then investigate it, don't just wait for some lovely metalsucks article to enlighten you.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
I wonder if it's because the new DsO is vaguely political in theme or if it's because standards have changed and people just remembered they existed because they released something new this year. In either case it's a bit baffling for the reasons you mention.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

When people talk about DSO I always think of Diablo Swing Orchestra first and I have to do a double take

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
If I tried to look into the history and personal views and all the side projects of all the bands I listen to, I would never have time for anything else.

That said, I do appreciate when people bring it up here so I know who to avoid.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
You really have to have hate in your heart to make really good black metal it seems.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Summoning are a bunch of tolkien loving leftists and they’re better than every nsbm band ever created.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

When people talk about DSO I always think of Diablo Swing Orchestra first and I have to do a double take

I'm glad I'm not the only one

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I found a pretty good list of leftist/RABM bands on rateyourmusic:

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/ElectricLizard/communist_anarchist-black-metal-also-known-as-rabm/

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
I picked up the latest tape from Óreiða, yet another Icelandic black metal project where the guy wears a featureless hood over his head. I'm really into it so far, especially since it seems like a lot of that scene has gotten too slick for their own good: https://oreida.bandcamp.com/album/rei-a

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

deadking posted:

I picked up the latest tape from Óreiða

Their potatoes are also pretty good.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Potato (famine) black metal: https://mesacounojo.bandcamp.com/album/hunger

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Why do people love Sanguine Relic so much? I've heard 40 albums that sound the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8It71KK4Z4

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
I like them, but I really dig ultra raw black metal. but I have no idea why their records are in such demand or how wampyric black metal heads have such deep pockets.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

wampyres are immortal

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Then why are they flipping Perverse Homage records for a couple hundred bucks!!

Weaponized Cum posted:

Why do people love Sanguine Relic so much? I've heard 40 albums that sound the same

To follow up the production on Vampyric Will is not good even for the style. His album from last year is still raw but sounds much better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITzV1wq2jYE

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

everyone likes to pretend that every ultra lo fi band of the minute is good for some reason, probably because their limited records sell for silly money on discogs

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Does anyone remember Basilisk from the UK? Is Vintyr still making music?

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

A human heart posted:

everyone likes to pretend that every ultra lo fi band of the minute is good for some reason, probably because their limited records sell for silly money on discogs

It's a mini-scene without a lot of quality control (kind of like dungeon synth these days) because I think what's appealing about it is the aesthetic and how raw you can get the production. I think Sanguine Relic have made some good records but their quality varies. The secondary market for the stuff is really stupid though. Whatever, I just wish more bands made records that sound like Vampires of Black Imperial Blood.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A human heart posted:

The whole ultra lo-fi thing in black metal is interesting to me, didn't it basically start out as a bunch of broke Norwegian teenagers doing DIY demos on a shoestring budget? And now it's this whole thing

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I feel like the really ultra lo fi poo poo started with Les Legions Noires but I could be wrong.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

you had guys like Ildjarn who were putting out real raw stuff in the early 90s, def feels like LLN codified the whole mystique/scene of it tho?

today I learned there's an Argentinian jazzy rock band called Vlad Tepes :v:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

LLN definitely established it as a Thing, but I always figured it was trying to emulate the early demos and bootlegs from the first wave of Norwegian BM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Norwegian stuff had already experimented with sounding lovely on purpose, like Varg recording the vocals for Filosofem on a headset mic. But the whole appeal came from the scene being very DIY/underground and that’s what LLN were going for at a time when black metal was increasingly mainstreaming/trending. Trying to put the edge back on, basically.