Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jonny 290 posted:

ive been pondering the suspender option lately. school me. how do i make it not horribly tory

be a fat bearded rustic type?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

be a fat bearded rustic type?

i'm that but i still couldn't pull off the suspenders look. plantation owners are the only ones who can do it, but they obviously look like poo poo for other reasons

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
you can rock linen pants without being colonel sanders

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

ive been pondering the suspender option lately. school me. how do i make it not horribly tory

I have been an rear end-crack-asaurus for years. I tried clip on suspenders which worked ok but had a habit of violently, elastically detaching at innoportune moments. Squat or bend to pick something up from down low and POW

So I looked around and ending up ordering these:

quote:

Hold'Em Suspender for Men Made in USA Y-Back Genuine Leather Trimmed button end tuxedo suspenders Many colors and designs - Hunter (Tall 54" Long) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8QV3XG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fjqxDbHSQ5BE3

they come with buttons. I sewed the buttons about a half inch either side of the corresponding belt loops on my trousers. I then button them on and wear them underneath my shirt - I always wear a singlet so they sit on top of that but underneath my T-shirt or dress shirt (rarely). I’m not patrick bateman enough to have them on display

they are very comfortable and completely solve my rear end-crack display problem. The only caveat is that you need to strip down to your underwear to take a poo poo, Kramer style, but unless you are low on fibre just git r dun in the morning and live the suspender life all day.

I have sewed buttons on a couple of pairs of trousers but need to go out and buy some more so I can have them on all of them

:waycool:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
loving lol

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

:goonsay:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Gentle Autist posted:

I have been an rear end-crack-asaurus for years. I tried clip on suspenders which worked ok but had a habit of violently, elastically detaching at innoportune moments. Squat or bend to pick something up from down low and POW

So I looked around and ending up ordering these:

they come with buttons. I sewed the buttons about a half inch either side of the corresponding belt loops on my trousers. I then button them on and wear them underneath my shirt - I always wear a singlet so they sit on top of that but underneath my T-shirt or dress shirt (rarely). I’m not patrick bateman enough to have them on display

they are very comfortable and completely solve my rear end-crack display problem. The only caveat is that you need to strip down to your underwear to take a poo poo, Kramer style, but unless you are low on fibre just git r dun in the morning and live the suspender life all day.

I have sewed buttons on a couple of pairs of trousers but need to go out and buy some more so I can have them on all of them

:waycool:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

got myself back on the exercise wagon a while ago so my back and body in general doesn’t hurt anymore. glad i’m still young enough that it’s an option. my knees still hurt if i sit for more than an hour because a big boy took a big sit on them back when i played rugby in college. that’s about it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I may be old but i'm not suspenders old

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
jfc suspenders.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I have an old back injury and it hurts sometimes and I need someone to invent a back that doesn’t hurt, thx.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I had crippling back pain until I started exercising my butt muscles

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

unpacked robinhood posted:

I had crippling back pain until I started exercising my butt muscles
yeah I have to do strength training or else my back and wrists explode

also

rotor posted:

I may be old but i'm not suspenders old

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I have tactical suspenders for my motorcycle cold weather pants tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the russians used a belt

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
thinking about suspenders to hold up my mom jeans but maybe I’m just bad at picking out jeans

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gotta get em tighter i guess? :3:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I guess! or I can try taking in the waist, or try different foundation garments

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
photoshop that waist so ya pants don’t fall off ya rear end

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

they don’t fall off. they migrate down from my natural waist to my trouser waist. it’s because I’m a tall bitch

pram
Jun 10, 2001
theres a thing called a belt. you put it around pants. i hope this has been helpful and enlightening

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

there’s a thing called fashion

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we’re not entitled to that

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

I caught a side profile of myself in a mirror while wearing short jean shorts and went “hm this would be good with suspenders

and a crop top

wait then I’d just look like an older Misty from the Pokémon anime”

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

minivanmegafun posted:

I caught a side profile of myself in a mirror while wearing short jean shorts and went “hm this would be good with suspenders

and a crop top

wait then I’d just look like an older Misty from the Pokémon anime”

you could probably book $70 an hour for that look to the right crowd

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
now i'm not advocating you camwhoring, but i'm also not barring you from the option

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

I have tactical suspenders for my motorcycle cold weather pants tho

well yeah suspenders for like heavy pants like that are ok, that's like ... occupational or something and is Fine.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Silver Alicorn posted:

there’s a thing called fashion

i think you’re posting in the wrong thread friend

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I have suspenders for my very dad tool belt and it feels like I’m cosplaying someone who knows what they’re doing with tools. A+ would buy again

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

suspenders rule and 38 is a fine age to level up your pant suspension techniques

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Suspenders are ok (as long as you're using buttons not clips, obvs.).

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
a better alternative to wearing suspenders is to lose weight

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just take your suspenders, cut them in half, then cut those in half, then cut those in half. boom you now have shoelaces

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
friendly reminder to stymie that we're all powerlifters though

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
FAT powerlifters, the operative descriptor being fat, the powerlifting is incidental

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Please consider investing in a "belt."

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nice ableism about the weight loss here.

“just do what almost all the population fails to do even tho is aware of and often tries”

:rolleyes:

I am conflicted about the HAES movement because of the implication within that it’s “ok” to continue to gain weight and that excess weight - if it does matter from a medical point of view (and it seems it’s often less than stated) - is an effectively non-modifiable factor, but it raises a lot of excellent issues regarding huge levels of exclusion from medical help and tries to tackle seemingly universal obsession within medicine to lose weight before addressing anything else

I started following a local doctor on instagram who practices it, and i’m a real sucker for evidence and progressive attitudes toward health so I couldn’t help but accept its place.. but I do struggle, because when I have raised the issues that for myself as a diabetic, excess weight is very bad
for me and makes me very insulin resistant, and losing weight and keeping slim has to be an almost daily obsession for me, especially given how I have to inject the strongest anabolic hormone we know in relatively
huge quantity every day 🥺

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

that is a good post echi :pram:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
you get to a certain level of obesity and a belt becomes a cruel joke on everyone doomed to behold you

there's definitely a time for suspenders you do not want to miss that call