Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I would not be surprised if they were boo'd back to the hotel even if Kuku weren't on the team. The rampant racism toward SEA from China is a significant contributor to the reason Kuku did the thing he did. That doesn't justify it of course

Really because I haven't heard anything about the same poo poo happening to Fnatic or Mineski so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Really because I haven't heard anything about the same poo poo happening to Fnatic or Mineski so

Did you watch the opening ceremony

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Also I feel bad for Tims and other TNC players for like getting booed all the way back to their hotel BUT maybe don't play with racists

Maybe shouldn't play with himself? :rimshot:

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Sponsors pulling out would probably only hurt teams because that means less guaranteed salary through team sponsorships, meanwhile Valve's bottom line doesn't change at all because TI earns them a hundred million dollars every year

TI is supported by the majors. The TI prize pool splits aren't balanced enough to make forming a dota team just for TI economically viable. The majors start losing sponsors, and then teams, and TI will start to suffer.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I think the silver lining is:
a) the professional circuit is considerably less toxic than the playerbase, which indicates there is some upwards pressure on behaviour; and
b) when players are racist they get called out hard. There might not be 'concrete' consequences a lot of the time but there's substantial public shaming and I think it's easy to underestimate how powerful that is. As the circuit matures both corporately and in literal age there will be far less willingness for toxic people to get a pass.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I've written like 5 different drafts of ideas on how to fix all the vitrol and racism and deleted all of them because 30 seconds of thinking reveals giant holes in my ideas.

The major sponsors pulling out because of bad press is probably the only thing that could result in actual attempt at change. And that would result in either the community dying, or hopefully improving slightly (har it's the same thing.)
Dude same. Unless Valve starts losing money they won't do anything, and even in that unlikely scenario it's doubtful they'd step in.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol Sheever taking an egg to the head

Never Stop Hosting that was the best game I'm so glad.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 21, 2019

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Peterpandam/status/1164227208312848385

Get him Peter

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Moving on after a loss is something PPD is extremely familiar with.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 21, 2019

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Fly was the MvP of that game 3, dude was always in position saving people and solo covering the map with vision without getting picked a thousand times. He died twice against a Weaver/Slark/Mirana ult team that was heavily ahead, which is actually nuts

VP needs to blow up their roster

Is this because Fly played great or because Midone played really bad

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sampatrick posted:

It was a team effort to do absolutely nothing while they were ahead.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Sampatrick posted:

Midone was so bad all series it was actually incredible. I guess he did some good things in game 2 on Invoker to stretch out the game and give them time to come back but they were down the way they were in part because for most of that game he wasn't playing well either.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think MidOne could have played better for sure but a lot of it was just Secret being real ineffective at rotating (Yapzor) or not really giving a poo poo about what was happening mid (Puppey). It reminded me of EG last year where they completely sacked either Sumail or RTZ in favor of playing around one core

Yapzor ES was a real non-factor most of the series. It might just be the hero as a four as PPD was talking about during the draft

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 21, 2019

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Don't try to make a list of Dota 2 pro/well known players who are racist and or toxic pieces of poo poo.

Make a list of ones who aren't. It's nothing new; almost all of them are. It only comes to light now because some of them who can dish but not take are whining about it more.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It comes to light when its against a prominent group in the community (China, Russia, etc) who actually get justifiably pissed enough to boo and demand people get banned and whatnot. As someone said, no one seems to really give a poo poo about people who said the n-word a few years ago and others that seem real creepy towards women.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
For Christ's sake Puppey asked Kaci if she'd ever been pregnant, live, at the biggest event of the year.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Nasgate posted:

For Christ's sake Puppey asked Kaci if she'd ever been pregnant, live, at the biggest event of the year.

yikes

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Kaci did a TI while she was pregnant. It’s not a something you say to a stranger, but she isn’t exactly a stranger.

Those segments are very edited because her interviews with people speaking Chinese and Russian etc don’t have the part where the translator speaks like her live interviews do

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

That interview made Puppey seem like a psychopath (in a .....funny? way), and that question was somewhat awkward at first, but I would be shocked if Kaci didn't okay it. I hope that she has enough power to easily say no something like that if she doesn't like it. Especially after how long she's been doing this.

Not a double post:

There are people online saying that they should have just redone the Alliance draft because of iNSaNiA's mistake. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 22, 2019

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

There are people online saying that they should have just redone the Alliance draft because of iNSaNiA's mistake. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
These are probably the same people who think we shouldn't have been treated to RTZ Phoenix last year.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Did you watch the opening ceremony

Yup and while they got less applause they didnt get booed like TNC

Also mate please dont defend iceiceice. Dudes from Singapore and I've lived there to know that people understand not to use that term cause its offensive. Dude also has traveled overseas as well

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 22, 2019

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Nasgate posted:

It wasn't live, they could have edited it out, which makes it even more baffling it still made it in. I guess it was supposed to be funny somehow? But yeah, that interview revealed Puppey as a deeply unpleasant person.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

boredsatellite posted:

Yup and while they got less applause they didnt get booed like TNC

Also mate please dont defend iceiceice. Dudes from Singapore and I've lived there to know that people understand not to use that term cause its offensive. Dude also has traveled overseas as well

Don't you know that racism against black people only exists in America?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The president of Estonia would NEVER troll an interviewer

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Sampatrick posted:

Don't you know that racism against black people only exists in America?

Its irritating cause it seems to belittle asians by saying "well you gotta understand in those parts people aren't as educated"

Reality Sinner posted:

The president of Estonia would NEVER troll an interviewer

No way that interview was 100% sincere. Can't believe Valve and Kaci would allow that to happen and not do another interview

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Everyone is terrible, luckily we'll all burn alive in a few years. :toot:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Spudd posted:

Everyone is terrible, luckily we'll all burn alive in a few years. :toot:

speak for yourself, it's hardly dipped below 100 for the last three months

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Ojetor posted:

that interview revealed Puppey as a deeply unpleasant person.

Shocking turn of events, how could the president of Estonia betray his people like this

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Puppey is terrible and is always weird in interviews, there's some chat logs showing his alwfulness too if you search for it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ojetor posted:

that interview revealed Puppey as a deeply unpleasant person.

lol yeah that's what revealed it

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

It's weird that people are using this obviously jokey interview to point as Puppey bad when you got actual incidents with Puppey and the monitor, EE's statements and other stuff

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
shut the gently caress up about yesterday the broadcast day has begun

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

we live woooo

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Poor ODpixel looks so tired.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
BLEED BLUE

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol Kaci taking stealth mandarin lessons

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

INFAMOUS INFAMOUS INFAMOUS

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I must root for South America no matter what

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

its kinda crazy how much more sumail looks like yawar than last year. gotta be the hair.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Intelligent wraith kings they get farmed and have camps with each other and lay 30,000 wraith king eggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Infamous takes this 2-1