Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Having what sounds like charles martinet as the announcer is a nice touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Sonic suplexing Princess Peach. Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1164175325783154688

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i can start a jrpg and leave an unfinished save in progress forever before it even comes out, amazing

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

i can start a jrpg and leave an unfinished save in progress forever before it even comes out, amazing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
"unfinished save in progress forever" implies that you won't be buying DQXIS... wtf man?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it runs and looks good..cant believe i can take this massive amazing game with me anywhere now and maybe people will actually play it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

American McGay posted:

"unfinished save in progress forever" implies that you won't be buying DQXIS... wtf man?

i was relating a common experience of starting a jrpg, sinking 30 hours into it, maybe even getting up to the end, and never finishing it. we all know this feel

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

i was relating a common experience of starting a jrpg, sinking 30 hours into it, maybe even getting up to the end, and never finishing it. we all know this feel
:hai:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

30 hours is usually where the big plot twist hits and then you have the bullshit part before the final act where the hero gets separated from the party and has to do a solo section that's either boring or frustrating and that's when you drop it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

30 hours is usually where the big plot twist hits and then you have the bullshit part before the final act where the hero gets separated from the party and has to do a solo section that's either boring or frustrating and that's when you drop it

i smell a noob

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

i smell a noob

Maybe you should take a shower then.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

jrpg drift is a real issue that many gamers face, we should support, not mock, them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i always finish them. i dont know why its so popular to stop at the final boss .. its even on jrpgs that arent like gameplay based but story based like FFs. i dont get that.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
dont u like, wanna see the ending and stuff. ff9s is like 40 minutes long and super cool. ff6s is really long too. and then dragon quests 7 8 and 11 have u doing this world tour where everyone cheers you on and its a fairytale ending and stuff, its epic.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

i always finish them. i dont know why its so popular to stop at the final boss .. its even on jrpgs that arent like gameplay based but story based like FFs. i dont get that.

the final boss is normally a good time to go and clean up side quests and get good equipment and finish up other stuff, cuz you dont really want to let go, so its easier to just slow down playing than in full story push mode, and then maybe slow down to not playing at all

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
well i normally do the ending first and have a save at the last save point. its annoying if its some huge dungeon you cant warp out of but i cant htink of many jrpgs that dont have a warp function except for maybe pre snes ones

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ff9s last dungeon had special save points that let u warp out i think for example. even though you couldnt do it anywhere else

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I shant play dq11 again since i already beat it. Goodbye

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Yup. Seen Citizen Kane, pretty much no desire to ever revisit it.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

if citizen kane was 50+ hours long i'd only watch it once too. but it would be Epic

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

In Training posted:

Jesus

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

The patient gamer wins again

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

DQ11 will be my first dragon quest and hell, I'm excited

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

:allbuttons:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Nostradingus posted:

You should be

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

It's a great game. Make sure you start as a Warrior or Bandit and don't put points into resistance. You can also find loot and cosmetics ("treasure") in big red boxes the game calls "chests," but be warned: some of them are locked.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Resistance is a good stat in many games

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's a great game. Make sure you start as a Warrior or Bandit and don't put points into resistance. You can also find loot and cosmetics ("treasure") in big red boxes the game calls "chests," but be warned: some of them are locked.

https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Dragon_Quest_XI:_Echoes_of_an_Elusive_Age

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love how that site either has genuinely useful info or insane nonsense like this, no in between

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

“Beat up everything big or small” is pretty good advice in general

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
DQ11 demo thoughts
— thats gotta be one of the cutest dogs in any game, holy moly
— pretty cool sword on the main character’s back..
— fuckin.. pretty big, too.
— you uh sure you dont wanna give me direct control of any combat stuff?
— would be cool to like.. have different buttons for light attacks, heavy hits. instead of a text menu. lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
me rifling through the DQ11 game manual looking for “dodge” “evade” “invincibility frames” “positioning” “superarmor” etc and getting increasingly confused why none of em are in there. and just kinda bemused laughing like i’m realizing i’m in on a prank or becoming lucid in the middle of a strange dream

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1164210066372907009

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Some kind of green psycho

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sighing and resigning myself to the fact that I’ll be muttering “green psycho power for dino freaks” under my breath for the rest of the day