Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Preston Waters posted:

haven't read poo poo about the Senate

where'd you see this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

euphronius posted:

I am a Star Wars fan. Yes .

You don’t have to like all the movies, ya know. It’s OK, even preferable, to have discerning taste.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It’s the one (and only one) thing that could make this Good.

Hey did anyone ever aggregate all your prequel apologist posts? I would love to have them all in one place

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Preston Waters posted:

haven't read poo poo about the Senate

where'd you see this?

lol

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Gonz posted:

Assembled storyboards from the same people who got a whole lot correct doing the same thing prior to TFA:

>One year after THE LAST JEDI.
>The First Order has conquered most of the galaxy.
>Kylo Ren is still torn between the dark side and the light and still harbors feelings for Rey.
>Hux has been replaced by Allegiant General Pryde (Richard E. Grant) and has been leaking information to the Resistance in hopes that they kill Kylo and allow him to retake control.
>The Knights of Ren return from an expedition to the Unknown Regions to inform Kylo about a secret arsenal of superweapons built by Palpatine.
>Kylo and the Knights of Ren begin searching for the Wayfinder, a device required to locate the arsenal.
>The Resistance learns about this and deploys Rey, Finn, Poe, Chewbacca, BB-8, C-3P0 and R2-D2 to retrieve the Wayfinder first.
>Rose is now a high-ranking Resistance commander answering directly to Leia and stays behind to coordinate them from the base.
>The Wayfinder’s coordinates are in C-3P0’s old memory unit in an abandoned Imperial blockade in a jungle world, where the heroes befriend the warrior Jannah (Naomie Ackie) and her people.
>After retrieving it, the heroes to a decommissioned droid factory in a snow world to unlock it, where they are ambushed by the First Order and rescued by bounty hunter Zorii Bliss (Keri Russell) and her droid D-0.
>During the battle, the memory unit of a combat droid is uploaded into C-3P0, causing him to develop an aggressive personality and take Chewie’s bowcaster for himself.
>Meanwhile, Kylo meets an oracle who directs him to the Wayfinder’s location in a desert world. Rey and her friends also learn about it from C-3P0’s memories.

>Rey and Kylo meet and fight in the desert world, while the Knights of Ren battle Finn, Poe, Chewie and the droids.
>Rey and Kylo still share a Force bond, which causes them to experience “Force flashes” of past events as they fight.
>Kylo and the Knights of Ren retrieve the Wayfinder and return to the ruins of the Death Star in the jungle world to unlock the arsenal’s location.
>The Resistance follows him, but are ambushed by the First Order and nearly defeated before a local alien, Klaud, helps them escape.
>Finn recruits Jannah and her people as reinforcements to battle the First Order, while Rey confronts Kylo.
>Rey and Kylo learn that the Wayfinder actually contains Palpatine’s spirit. The Knights of Ren are loyal to him and manipulated Kylo into freeing him.
>Palpatine possesses one of the knights (Matt Smith) and announces his plan to seize control of the First Order and use the arsenal to subjugate the galaxy. He also reveals that he was behind Snoke.
>Luke Skywalker and Han Solo appear as Force ghosts and encourage Kylo to accept the light. Kylo then join forces with Rey to stop Palpatine.
>Rey and Kylo defeat Palpatine, but he then possesses Kylo. He urges Rey to kill him, and she reluctantly does. Palpatine is unable to possess Rey and is destroyed for the last time.
>The First Order is defeated and Palpatine’s arsenal is destroyed.
>Rey mourns Kylo and Luke's force ghost appears, he ressurects him.
>The film is rumoured to end with a sunset.
>So about Lando, he doesn't do much, he's just there with the heroes. Knights of Ren also have lots of scene where they are just there.
>The final battle will take place on the jungle planet, the Sith Fleet will be there to fight.
>The death star remains will make the final battle epic and Rey and Kylo will use force flash fights against Palpatine.

>Rey and Kylo have a big fight on the desert planet of Pasaana. From what I know they search the wayfinder device which unlocks Vader's legacy. The scene is like in the trailer, Rey is in the desert and Kylo is in his TIE Fighter, he flies to her and she jumps and cuts his TIE Fighters wings in half, the ship crashes and Kylo gets out of it. He ignites his lightsaber and attacks Rey. Then something happens, its called force flash fight, The background changes as they fight like the bond they had in TLJ. They end up in different place from all the saga films including:Naboo, Corusscant, Mustafar, Yavin IV, Hoth and Tatooine(they fight in Lars's home). They end up back on Pasaana and then stop because the Sith Fleet arrived. That's all I saw from this fight. There is another one to the end. This fight was around 8-9 minute long, the background changed like it changed in Rey's vision from TFA.
>The last fight is on the ruins of the second death star,there they fight the Knights of Ren and The Dark Acolyte played by Matt Smith, Matt Smith's character is not a Knight of Ren.
>He opens a chest that frees Palpatine's spirit which posseses him. He puts his cloak and we get Ian Mcdiarmed voice. He sends the KoR to Take care of Rey and Kylo as he rebuilds the second Death Star.
>The Sith Fleet also fights outside with star destroyers and all against the rebels. First Order aparently joins the fight too. We get a chase in the death star and it start rising from water all by Palpatine's command.
>Btw, he explain that all Rey, Snoke, etc. were orchestrated by him from the force realm to ressurect himself.
>In the end Rey and Kylo kill all the KoR and they fight Palpatine. Kylo kills the host but Palpatine posseses him and they get outside as Death Star 2 rises from water, posseses Kylo fights Rey but he has moment where he gets control back and begs Rey to kill him. Kylo dies and Palpatine too. Ben is dying but Luke force ghost appears and he saves his life.

Hahahahahahaha

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Palpatine looks into the camera and says "THX-1138."

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
like, this wording is extremely funny to me

Gonz posted:

>Palpatine possesses one of the knights (Matt Smith) and announces his plan to seize control of the First Order and use the arsenal to subjugate the galaxy. He also reveals that he was behind Snoke.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Darth TNT posted:

LOL,rose did so well crashing into Finn they promoted her.

she literally got the Jar Jar treatment

'your character was not a mistake and you are very important but we hope we never see you again bye'

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Hahahahahahaha

It’s extremely bad if true.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Durf posted:

she literally got the Jar Jar treatment

'your character was not a mistake and you are very important but we hope we never see you again bye'

I would've preferred to see them salvage her instead. She had potential with her dead sister and the somewhat fanatical way she was guarding the escape pods.
Then Canto Bight and the big crash happened. :shrug:

I wonder if they'll pay lip service to her crushing on Finn.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

lmao look at this goof

I meant in Episode 9 :milk:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
You probably didn't even notice me, behind Snoke the whole time

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Palpatine as a ghost would be better if he was a ghostbusters or poltergeist ghost
A spectre loving with the heroes. We know yoda could summon lightning strikes so I imagine sheev is a lot stronger.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

After sleeping on it, palpating “possessing” characters is incredibly dumb.

It’s basically the ending of The Exorcist. Which was a good movie. But a totally different genre !!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Preston Waters posted:

I meant in Episode 9 :milk:

You're still not getting it.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
IMHO, Palpatine in the OT was never even a great villain. His character primarily exists to add more depth to Darth, and to allow Darth to turn at the end.

Since all JJ is capable of doing is mildly remixing old ideas, I guess palp will do the same thing here—his presence at the end will ultimately be what makes Kylo change sides. But that idea is too similar to what was already done in TLJ, when Kylo suddenly kills Snoke and offers a truce to Rey.

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 21, 2019

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Palpatine should possess Rose, so they can still shelf the character while giving Kelly Marie Tran a chance to ham it up bigtime

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Wild Horses posted:

Palpatine as a ghost would be better if he was a ghostbusters or poltergeist ghost
A spectre blowing one of the heroes under the sheets, in a one-off scene, without broader significance.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

^lmao

as an aside why are we supposed to care about the Knights of ren?
they return. oh, they were never on kylo's side. what a shame.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The burning question in my mind is if Palpatine still enjoys opera.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Krazyface posted:

Wild Horses posted:

A spectre blowing one of the heroes under the sheets, in a one-off scene, without broader significance.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Palpatine is required by law to be voiced by Mike Stoklasa

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

The burning question in my mind is if Palpatine still enjoys opera.

ROSE turns to FINN as they watch THE OPERA

ROSE: Have you ever heard the Folly of DARTH SIDIOUS the EMPEROR?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

Palpatine is required by law to be voiced by Alex Jones

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oKm4ueVuxpY

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

...what the gently caress?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Its got everything alex likes, republics, government conspiracy, false flags and the transformation into occult dictatorship

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I hope Harrison Ford got one million dollars from Disney for each word of dialogue to come back.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Wild Horses posted:

Its got everything alex likes, republics, government conspiracy, false flags and the transformation into occult dictatorship

"They're putting midichlorians in the water that are turning the friggin' PORGS GAY"

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I hope Harrison Ford got one million dollars from Disney for each word of dialogue to come back.

The force ghost of that one droid that self destructed at the beginning of episode 4 is going to do all the talking for him

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

CharlestonJew posted:

The force ghost of that one droid that self destructed at the beginning of episode 4 is going to do all the talking for him

Isn't there an EU story about that R5 unit being important and sacrificing itself so that Luke and Uncle Owen would pick R2?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
yes the little droid was force sensitive and it's dumb as hell and I love it

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

For the last time Skippy the Jedi Droid was never canon!!!!!!!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

R2 was force sensitive and that’s in a movie.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

euphronius posted:

So is C3PO since he interacted with Luke’s force projection at the end of the last one.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

euphronius posted:

Kart Barfunkel posted:

For the last time Skippy the Jedi Droid was never canon!!!!!!!!!

Lies.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

this reminds me of when i asked a coworker what he thought of Prometheus and he complained about all the obvious and contrived allusions to Opus Dei and the Rothschilds

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Polo-Rican posted:

IMHO, Palpatine in the OT was never even a great villain. His character primarily exists to add more depth to Darth, and to allow Darth to turn at the end.
The Emperor is such a great villain. Like he doesn't have a lot of depth to him, but he's a great Evil Yoda.

I'm not a big prequels defender, but I do generally like the twist that the Emperor isn't some big ancient evil. He's just Mitch McConnell. It makes Maul's line about revenge kinda tragic because dude actually believes in... something. But Palpatine's just collecting power.

It's why the use of Snoke was pretty on point in The Last Jedi. It really doesn't matter who he is or what his backstory is because just like Palpatine there's nothing there. There's no tragedy or ideology. Just some other jerk consolidating power for themselves. He's just exactly who think he is and it calls into question just how many Emperor like figures there were before Palpatine and Snoke.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah Palps is the only only honest character in the PT. It’s pretty cool.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I always wondered how Palpatine was as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

I always wondered how Palpatine was as a kid.

delete this before they see it