Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I enjoy the fact that we know the game has both melee and gunplay combat based on very brief snippets and the release is less than three months away and were still just seeing piss and ladders and his DVD collection

Kojima's trolling is god-tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I hope the DLC adds making GBS threads. Maybe a little camping shovel (D-Shovel) to dig a little hole to poo poo in.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

ZZZorcerer posted:

All NPCs except generic enemies (that probably won't even have faces) will be one of Kojima's friends.

(And you'll be able to pee on all of them)

On November 8th, 2019 - dare you enter Hideo Kojima's magical realm?!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mantis42 posted:

outside of pissing and ladders does this game have any gameplay yet?

The two character trailers already mentioned. More gameplay video will be out during TGS next month.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Party Boat posted:

If you fall over the baby will cry and you have to move the sixaxis to soothe it

Not just move the six axis, rock it. But if you shake the baby too hard bad things happen. Tactical baby shaking and pissing!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Ryan Davis warned us of this.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

These are the little details Kojima adds when he has free reign to do what he wants.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Chieves posted:

Ryan Davis warned us of this.

Aw man. I loved Ryan Davis. :(

I'm all in for the Kojima weirdness because either way this game is gonna be a CLUSTERFUCK of it and at the very least it'll be a very interesting product. Can't wait to read the numerous thinkpieces either huffing his farts or breaking down how unwoke he is. Definite lols inbound

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I mean, I sort of don't want to know, but I'm assuming that was Kojima's way of not-sarcastically portraying Geoff Keighley by having his character say the sort of stuff that I imagine Geoff himself has maybe said to Kojima? I actually haven't seen many interactions between the two that weren't like, the Game Awards things, but one of which Geoff says the most awkward thing I've maybe ever heard to Kojima, who's sitting down and the camera cuts to show his awkward face, and I don't remember what it was exactly but from the stage, he dramatically introduces Kojima and says how they're really, actually friends, ~BURNS~ Konami, and gives him the lifetime achievement award for contribution to Art. But the way he's talking makes it seem like he personally worked so hard to make his appearance happen, like he had to go to the CEO of Konami's office himself, and rescue him from the closet they've got him locked up in. And the one where he couldn't make it because he was being held hostage by Konami or whatever, Geoff says "uhm" every other word and is looking at the floor explaining why he couldn't make it to pick up the award he wouldn't receive until the following year. But I just can't tell, because Keighley says "I'm in the game!" and bless him, because you can tell that that's all he wanted in this lifetime, but at the same time is just the weirdest dude ever and sometimes asks fairly "hard" questions, at least compared to most other game journalists, but then isn't afraid to shill for Schick by letting them have their Hydrobot guy show up to the VGA's and of course the Doritos and Mountain Dew thing.

There will definitely be a trophy for peeing a lot, it's going to be like:
Mark Your Territory!
Urinated on 2 sq. km of land

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Imhotep posted:

There will definitely be a trophy for peeing a lot, it's going to be like:
Mark Your Territory!
Urinated on 2 sq. km of land

Different endings depending on where you did or did not urinate. If there is a time travel element in this game, will peeing in the past change the future?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Climax of the game requires running away from the bad guy. If you peed in the correct spot, the bad guy will trip on a mushroom and be slowed down just enough for you to escape

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
The online component will consist of players urinating on each other from opposite sides of parallel universes. Players on our side will be forging connections across the United Cities of America via enormous trails of urine, containing the essential elements of humanity's life-code and the one thing we all share in common: our DNA. These long paths of urine, or Strands, serve to claim territory and create barriers that inhibit players from the alternate universe (BTs) from crossing over. Like Tron but with urine instead of futuristic motorcycles with lasers for exhaust.

Meanwhile, players in the hosed up universe will be pissing all over our pee strands with their bizarro pee strands, thereby breaking the connection of our essential life fluids and strengthening their own. Enough pissing and they may break through into our universe long enough to urinate all over someone. Nobody really dies in this game, they just get peed on. It's a new type of experience unseen before in gaming.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Doc! This guy's untouchable! Bullets won't hit him!

Hmm. That protective suit is not designed for harsh environmental conditions as it is still in an experimental stage. Perhaps rain or submerging it in water would be enough to cause a malfunction.

So you are saying I should pee on him.

That's no...Fine, yes. I suppose.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Death Stranding more like Piss Standing.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

If players can use each other's ladders and poo poo as part of these "strands" or whatever, I'm going to pee on the top few rungs of every ladder I find. This way, they'll have to touch my pee with their hands.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Boss get down! Thats an enemy pisser.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

If I don't urinate enough, will I explode or will it attract the bad dudes because I pissed my pants?

e: wait, wrong forum, sorry!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My theory is that Bridges is a clone of the serie "Bridges". That this civilization can create adult clones with the memories of adults, making life seems "cheap", since is easy to replicate

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Tei posted:

My theory is that Bridges is a clone of the serie "Bridges". That this civilization can create adult clones with the memories of adults, making life seems "cheap", since is easy to replicate
This is clearly a stealth sequel to the popular show Nash Bridges.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mama and Deadman spotlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvKYa1icwJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak7iITVTkSk

https://twitter.com/gailforcenyine/status/1164148919833694208

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
In the gig economy of the future, only babies can retire.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Are they saying babies or BBs in the Deadman trailer?

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Samovar posted:

Are they saying babies or BBs in the Deadman trailer?

BB, Border Babies or something like that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bridge Babies

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
If there are no eye patches what is this poo poo even

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

WaltherFeng posted:

Just wait, we haven’t seen Edgar Wright’s character yet

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Hideo Kojima is connecting the world through Piss

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/21/death-stranding-geoff-keighely-discusses-mysterious-online-multiplayer

quote:

Keighley specifically mentioned the mushroom portion of the Gamescom demo. You know, when Norman Reedus’ character Sam peed on it? Kojima mentioned during the press conference that if multiple players pee in the same spot, on the same mushroom, something will happen.

Keighley says this concept is the thing to focus on for the game’s online portions. “You got to take that concept and think about how that applies to everything you do in the game, in this connected world and connecting people.”

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Too bad it’s not a first person shooter because then it would’ve been the world’s first F Pee S

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
don't forget to use the soapstone after peeing

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
*pees, touches a baby*

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

WaltherFeng posted:

Babies with eyepatches as far as the piss can see.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Archer666 posted:

Babies with eyepatches as far as the piss can see.

After credits stinger is the camera slowly zooming in to a close up of the bay capsule and we see the baby has an eyepatch. A disbelieving Norman Reedus softly says. "B.B.....B.B....Big Boss...." hard cut to black.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Will there be DLC which adds making GBS threads mechanics?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All of these cutscene clips they have been showing are going to end up being snippets of 45 minute cutscenes I'm going to completely zone out on, and I'll finish the game exactly as confused about it as I am right now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Nah, they actually explain things in this game. The trailers have only been confusing because we had no context.

Except the baby giving a thumbs up. There's no explanation for that.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

All of these cutscene clips they have been showing are going to end up being snippets of 45 minute cutscenes I'm going to completely zone out on, and I'll finish the game exactly as confused about it as I am right now.

at some point before the game's events a Bad Thing happened that somehow smashed together the real world and the afterlife, which resulted in such fun phenomena as the "timefall" (raindrops are now literally full of time, which results in rapid aging of anything that gets caught in the rain without proper protection), the BT's or "Beached Things" (refugees/phantoms from the afterlife that act aggressively towards anyone in our world and can't be detected without extremely specialized equipment), and predicaments like those for Heartman (who's routinely yanked into the afterlife and back) or Mama (her baby was somehow born into the other side, resulting in her being literally tied down by its umbilical cord if she wants it to go on living). people caught by the BT's are dragged down to the other side and generate massive explosions, which might be related to the theory of relativity in some vague way. thanks to all this stuff, the world is in pieces, humanity's hanging on by a thread, and civilization has broken down. several courier groups such as BRIDGES and FRAGILE exist to maintain some semblance of connection and cooperation between the isolated outposts of mankind, while terrorist groups like Homo Demens are gleefully trying to cut everyone off from each other for good

it's basic speculative fiction with kojima's usual socio-political schtick tacked on, it's only been confusing because we've been getting information drip-fed to us and most of the imagery involved is unconventionally weird

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

it's basic speculative fiction with kojima's usual socio-political schtick tacked on, it's only been confusing because we've been getting information drip-fed to us and most of the imagery involved is unconventionally weird

in 2033 vr is everywhere and man discovers by combining it with dark matter they can live forver. but the catch is they have to die!! 2044 is the first "death stranding" in the chiral network and causes a huge explosion, more explosions ensue in the following months and years. 2055 america is finished and norman reedus rides off with a fetus and pees out his dingus

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
The fact that they refer to a "chrial network" and "chiral allergy" may have something to do with the worlds being mirrors, maybe? Chirality is a real thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chirality_(chemistry)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Mirror worlds are also a thing in kojimas other game, you may have heard of it, silent hill. Originally, kojima and Reedus were making a new silent hill game for Konami so it makes total sense DS has a little bit of that games DNA in it.