Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

arisu posted:

Chicken bake is great and if I wasn't cutting carbs I'd get one right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The chicken bake is good but it could be better at a lower price or more filling

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Another sleeper hit we bought yesterday was a big rear end bag of Turmeric and Sea Salt popcorn, and creme brûlée almonds.

The latter I can't take the bag with me otherwise I'd probably eat them all in one or two sittings :btroll:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Another sleeper hit we bought yesterday was a big rear end bag of Turmeric and Sea Salt popcorn, and creme brûlée almonds.

The latter I can't take the bag with me otherwise I'd probably eat them all in one or two sittings :btroll:

How sweet are the almonds? I might try those if they aren't too overwhelmingly sweet.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How sweet are the almonds? I might try those if they aren't too overwhelmingly sweet.

They're not super sweet, and they have a nice vanilla taste to them.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Speaking of chicken bakes, the last time we went my wife ordered one, but said it was too oily or burnt or something.

So

She peeled it. Like a banana.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ravendas posted:

Speaking of chicken bakes, the last time we went my wife ordered one, but said it was too oily or burnt or something.

So

Don’t post gore thnx

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Great, cool people doing cool things with a delicious menu item, good stuff.

btw the Waterpik shower head on sale right now is really, really good if anyone is in the market.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Great, cool people doing cool things with a delicious menu item, good stuff.

btw the Waterpik shower head on sale right now is really, really good if anyone is in the market.

How do you clean your teeth with that?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Its really for flossing. It squirts water and knocks loose any bits of food. Its alright. I gave up using it after a couple months.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its really for flossing. It squirts water and knocks loose any bits of food. Its alright. I gave up using it after a couple months.

Yes I also shove the shower head up in my mouth to knock loose bits of food

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah but it’s a shower head!

I also gave up using mine after a few months like it’s good and all but gently caress I just want to go to bed sometimes.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Lol whoops thinking of the other waterpik

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Agreed on the waterpik, it's a whole thing. My dentist insists on it because I kept my wisdom teeth but it's such an ordeal.

Btw one other thing I got a while ago at Costco that turned out to loving own:

Protein noodles made out of fish. I know that's loving weird. Trust me, I get that, but they're really good and great for you. They don't taste like fish at all, it's impressive how much they just taste and feel like actual noodles. They are killer in any asian noodle dish, in curries, etc.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Agreed on the waterpik, it's a whole thing. My dentist insists on it because I kept my wisdom teeth but it's such an ordeal.

Protein noodles made out of fish. I know that's loving weird. Trust me, I get that, but they're really good and great for you. They don't taste like fish at all, it's impressive how much they just taste and feel like actual noodles. They are killer in any asian noodle dish, in curries, etc.

How much were those? I remember them being posted before.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Ravendas posted:

So

Thats just a burrito

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

How much were those? I remember them being posted before.

There are 4 servings, I think they were around $12 iirc

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Thats just a burrito

Yeah, that was my take too. Chickenbake is just a burrito with an extra layer of bread around it.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Taima posted:

What's the carb count like on these? I am doing Keto so always looking for no\low carb noodles.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

They're pretty rad. They do have a little sodium but you can take some salt out of your dish to account for it if it worries ya:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Taima posted:

They're pretty rad:

Thanks. 6g Net Carbs isn't bad. I may have to try them sometime. I bought some Miracle Noodles but haven't made anything to try with them yet.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
7 net carbs.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Miracle noodles aren't bad. The "genre" of noodles of Miracle noodles is Shirataki noodles- you can usually find them cheaper under that name rather than the branded Miracle kind, if you live near a Japanese market, just fyi.

The thing about miracle noodles is that they're almost entirely water, which is fine and definitely fewer carbs, but they don't have the protein kick.

Oh and the other cool thing about the protein noodles is that they require no prep, you just toss them right into whatever you're cooking.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Taima posted:

They're pretty rad. They do have a little sodium but you can take some salt out of your dish to account for it if it worries ya:

How many servings are in one of those packets?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Ravendas posted:

So

Why are women like this

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

david_a posted:

I believe the package has 4 servings

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Trastion posted:

What's the carb count like on these? I am doing Keto so always looking for no\low carb noodles.

I gotta get back on it, but i'd recommend taking a look for packets for Shiritaki noodles for your noodle craving. They're usually like $1 or something. Whole Foods even carries them as does any asian grocer. You can make a miso broth and get a pretty decent ramen-knockoff going with them with some hard-boiled eggs and green onions and stuff. For me doing a borderline-vegetarian keto last year, what was a savior was buying a big bag of frozen Cauliflower Rice and Normandy Blend from costco, as well as the paneer blocks they sell for cheap. You can make a dope keto chicken/paneer tikka masala over cauliflower rice, especially if you fry up the rice well enough.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Taima posted:

I believe the package has 4 servings
Does that mean it contains 4 pouches of 1 serving each or does each pouch contain 4 servings?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Xaris posted:

I gotta get back on it, but i'd recommend taking a look for packets for Shiritaki noodles for your noodle craving. They're usually like $1 or something. Whole Foods even carries them as does any asian grocer. You can make a miso broth and get a pretty decent ramen-knockoff going with them with some hard-boiled eggs and green onions and stuff. For me doing a borderline-vegetarian keto last year, what was a savior was buying a big bag of frozen Cauliflower Rice and Normandy Blend from costco, as well as the paneer blocks they sell for cheap. You can make a dope keto chicken/paneer tikka masala over cauliflower rice, especially if you fry up the rice well enough.

Soft boiled eggs are the pro-tier ramen accessory. Hard boiled eggs aren't nearly as good.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

david_a posted:

Looked into this a bit more.

4 packages, each with 8oz of noodles, 32oz total.

The nutrition facts from earlier must be taken from a smaller box, but you can still tell the nutrition/ounce from that information.

Taima fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 20, 2019

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

bamhand posted:

The Iberico Bellotta Chorizo and Salami is real good.

Yes it is.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

drat, there is a nearly 500 page Costco thread. They opened one up between home and work last year, and Costco is now my religion.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Can't believe there's a Costco thread that I've missed for three years. I am an addict and buy nearly everything there. In the last month I've spent a fortune on new furniture and believe I've tipped past 50% of my home being Costco furnished.

(Patio furniture. ottoman not pictured)

(New sectional for Basement entertainment area after children destroyed the old sectional, also Costco)

(Said old sectional, now created for a dedicated Kids area to preserve the new one)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I've been really happy with my Costco couches. And dining set.

I also just switched my car and home insurance through Costco's program. Saved $680/yr, that was going from $1800/yr to $1100 for identical coverage. :eyepop:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TraderStav posted:

Can't believe there's a Costco thread that I've missed for three years. I am an addict and buy nearly everything there. In the last month I've spent a fortune on new furniture and believe I've tipped past 50% of my home being Costco furnished.

(Patio furniture. ottoman not pictured)

(New sectional for Basement entertainment area after children destroyed the old sectional, also Costco)

(Said old sectional, now created for a dedicated Kids area to preserve the new one)

You have a very nice home, congrats. Love the deck/ yard too.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Burt Sexual posted:

You have a very nice home, congrats. Love the deck/ yard too.

Thank you, it's been a long ten year progression. Just have to resurface our floors in the kitchen and replace the countertops and we're done. The basement (pictured above) is what the previous homeowners did so probably due for a carpet refresh at some point.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
How do you not notice a 400+ page thread about Costco
:thunk:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

User control panel use exclusively

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

User control panel use exclusively

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Even posts are in bulk at the Costco thread.