Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Burt Sexual posted:

User control panel use exclusively

Also never coming into GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Early GBS was a poo poo show of news articles and hoping your thread was kewl enough to no get you banned. And gram(cracker)mar nazis. New GBS is still a poo poo show, but in a completely different way. It's fun. I can see why someone would just never check GBS anymore.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Even posts are in bulk at the Costco thread.

I really only need one post...buuuutt...this deal is just to good to pass up. Think of how much we can save!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Kirkland frozen pizza for 4.99, sure lemme buy an extra freezer thank you Jim!!!!!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

The line I always drop when someone is heading over to Costco is to ask them to pick me up a four-pack of Pianos. Our a three-pack of lawnmowers.

It always gives a good chuckle. Then one day I was there and they actually had a Piano out on display and for sale.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Costco not having any small monitors makes me sad, though.

Like, 1440 is complete trash on anything larger than 25" (just like 1080 is for anything over 21.5) but they only have 24" 1080 and 27" 1440.

:sigh:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Bad news folks. The Costco by my work doesn't have a food court for the rest of the week.

Help.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Infidel Castro posted:

Bad news folks. The Costco by my work doesn't have a food court for the rest of the week.

Help.

https://litigation.findlaw.com/filing-a-lawsuit/how-to-sue.html

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

TraderStav posted:

The line I always drop when someone is heading over to Costco is to ask them to pick me up a four-pack of Pianos. Our a three-pack of lawnmowers.

It always gives a good chuckle. Then one day I was there and they actually had a Piano out on display and for sale.

Yeah they had a Yamaha piano and keyboard roadshow the other week at mine. Really nice instruments.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Schadenboner posted:

Like, 1440 is complete trash on anything larger than 25" (just like 1080 is for anything over 21.5) but they only have 24" 1080 and 27" 1440.

This is not entirely correct but I can understand why you may feel that way.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

27" @1440p is basically the perfect monitor size/resolution I think

Also, they were doing samples of those double chocolate veggie muffins last week that I always was curious about and they in fact own. Getting my baked goods sweet fix for 110cal is pretty ok by me.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
The most painful thing about going to Costco is how good those chocolate chip cookies are but they only come in like a 36 pack so I'll never be able to get them

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
21:9
3440x1440
Lord's true resolution imho

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Wait they have double chocolate ones too? I got the blueberry one's and they're good.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Coredump posted:

Wait they have double chocolate ones too? I got the blueberry one's and they're good.

Yup, blueberry chocolate and then one other I can't recall. I got the blueberry too and they are good but I like the chocolate more I think.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hoshi posted:

The most painful thing about going to Costco is how good those chocolate chip cookies are but they only come in like a 36 pack so I'll never be able to get them

Take them to work and make everyone else fat too. This still applies if you work from home.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Coredump posted:

This is not entirely correct but I can understand why you may feel that way.

But my pixel density!
:qqsay:

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Take them to work and make everyone else fat too. This still applies if you work from home.

It's still a dangerous game, the treat cabinets is right behind be so they're right there and anyone who passes will ask me who brought them and whether they're good

But I might just do that still, maybe I have the self control

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Schadenboner posted:

But my pixel density!
:qqsay:

When I went from a CRT monitor I used a 32" 1080p tv for YEARS as my main display. I was that guy. Then I went 2 x 24" 1920x1200 > 27" 2560x1440 > 32" 2560x1440 to now I got a 34" 3440 x 1440.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Coredump posted:

When I went from a CRT monitor I used a 32" 1080p tv for YEARS as my main display. I was that guy. Then I went 2 x 24" 1920x1200 > 27" 2560x1440 > 32" 2560x1440 to now I got a 34" 3440 x 1440.

That 27" sounds nice, but I could never fit two of them onto my desk. Clearly I need to get a new bulk sized desk at Costco.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

binge crotching posted:

That 27" sounds nice, but I could never fit two of them onto my desk. Clearly I need to get a new bulk sized desk at Costco.

Or a 2-pack of standard size!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Schadenboner posted:

I uhhh, you do you I guess? There's more to screen size and resolution relationship than pixel density but Costco typically sucks for monitor pricing/selection anyway

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

binge crotching posted:

Monitor arms will let you get away with a lot. But that's a lot of area side by side to cover.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
There isnt a costco neat me so we do bulk shopping at sams

*thread tries to avoid eye contact like I’m a bum asking for change*

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

There isnt a costco neat me so we do bulk shopping at sams

*thread tries to avoid eye contact like I’m a bum asking for change*

That's acceptable. It's the folks who have a choice and prefer Sams that are part of the Untouchables caste.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Enos Cabell posted:

27" @1440p is basically the perfect monitor size/resolution I think

Also, they were doing samples of those double chocolate veggie muffins last week that I always was curious about and they in fact own. Getting my baked goods sweet fix for 110cal is pretty ok by me.

Are they frozen ones you heat up, or are they in the bakery section?

I have to stay out of the bakery part because I'll stand there for a good five minutes before finally going 'Nah, I can't eat twelve servings of cinnamon bun monkey bread on my own'

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

LadyPictureShow posted:

I have to stay out of the bakery part because I'll stand there for a good five minutes before finally going 'Nah, I can't eat twelve servings of cinnamon bun monkey bread on my own'

Well not with an attitude like that!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

They are frozen, come individually wrapped in a box of 24, and heat up in about 30 seconds.

I definitely feel your pain on the bakery. I had to convince the checkout lady once that I really only wanted 6 turnovers and I was fine with the price and no really we don't need to go back and get another 6 pack.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Enos Cabell posted:

They are frozen, come individually wrapped in a box of 24, and heat up in about 30 seconds.

I definitely feel your pain on the bakery. I had to convince the checkout lady once that I really only wanted 6 turnovers and I was fine with the price and no really we don't need to go back and get another 6 pack.

Oh word. I'll have to check those out.

Schadenboner posted:

Well not with an attitude like that!

Well, I could, it doesn't mean I should.

I like that Costco has a pretty decent selection of Gluten-Free stuff. My boyfriend has Celiac, and we're able to get big things of quinoa, banza pasta (though I'm not a fan of the texture personally), cauliflower pizza, veggie burgers etc. we got these cauliflower bites on the last trip, and they're good; kinda like falafel balls.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh word. I'll have to check those out.

Well, I could, it doesn't mean I should.

I like that Costco has a pretty decent selection of Gluten-Free stuff. My boyfriend has Celiac, and we're able to get big things of quinoa, banza pasta (though I'm not a fan of the texture personally), cauliflower pizza, veggie burgers etc. we got these cauliflower bites on the last trip, and they're good; kinda like falafel balls.

They also have awesome falafel balls (although they're more like fat patties, not really balls?)

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

TraderStav posted:

Can't believe there's a Costco thread that I've missed for three years. I am an addict and buy nearly everything there. In the last month I've spent a fortune on new furniture and believe I've tipped past 50% of my home being Costco furnished.

(Patio furniture. ottoman not pictured)

(New sectional for Basement entertainment area after children destroyed the old sectional, also Costco)

(Said old sectional, now created for a dedicated Kids area to preserve the new one)

Welcome to the Costco thread. I love you.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Haven't been in a couple weeks now.

Thinkin about going and buying some things and perhaps a dog

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

My friend works at Trident corporate and she mentioned the protein noodles yesterday. I told her about the Costco thread talking about the noodles and she was delighted that people were talking about them and amazed that I could rattle off the nutritionals.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

My friend works at Trident corporate and she mentioned the protein noodles yesterday. I told her about the Costco thread talking about the noodles and she was delighted that people were talking about them and amazed that I could rattle off the nutritionals.

The gum people?

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

Oh hey, a Costco thread. Awesome.

Ours recently got rid of the third party liquor store, and now cells beer and liquor on the main floor. Definitely an improvement in the selection over third party.

Also, a few visits ago saw someone eating a pile of onions and relish covered in ketchup off of a drink lid.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Schadenboner posted:

The gum people?

https://www.tridentseafoods.com/

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Oh, like vertical integration? Sell bad breath then sell gum to cover it?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Schadenboner posted:

Brilliant!

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Schadenboner posted:

:ughh:

Trident gum is owned by Mondelez. I've also seen Trident gum at Costco, so you can buy protein noodles from Trident Seafood along with your Trident gum from Mondelez.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Trident gum is owned by Mondelez. I've also seen Trident gum at Costco, so you can buy protein noodles from Trident Seafood along with your Trident gum from Mondelez.

Seems like a real opportunity for synergy. Your friend should propose a merger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ya the trident family sold the gum business to Mondelez about a decade ago.

Most people don't know but John Trident got his money from the missile he invented and sold to the US during the cold war, then used it to buy fishing boats. He had invented the gum to seal holes in the missiles and boats, and sold the missile patent for big bucks but kept the gum one.

Ask your friend about it.