Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Xarn posted:

TIL Seattle is in China

Or Vancouver. Or Cologne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

TheRat posted:

I said it earlier today, but Fy is easily the best player in dota

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Too bad LGD is destined to lose to OG

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

TheRat posted:

I said it earlier today, but Fy is easily the best player in dota

Certainly the dreamiest

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Remember last year when Maybe dunked on topson for five games

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Topson won mid game 3 and technically game 1 as well, although that wasn't against Maybe at all

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Reality Sinner posted:

Remember last year when Maybe dunked on topson for five games

and then they lost :colbert:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Maybe was also playing Kunkka when Kunkka won basically every mid lane for free so idk if you can point towards him winning mid at TI as anything meaningful. When Maybe wasn't playing Kunkka, Topson was going even or beating him.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Fy god is going to beat OG so hard they won’t even get to play in the lower bracket and EG will controvertially trade RTZ for Yawar mid-TI allowing them to make it to the finals and challenge LGD in the ultimate game of dota.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
ah, recreating the old ROOT gaming squad eh

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Andrast posted:

and then they lost :colbert:

Ana bigly outplayed Ame that series

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Reality Sinner posted:

Ana bigly outplayed Ame that series

Ana outplayed everyone at TI and is doing it again

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Like I'm not one of the RTZ hater guys but Ana is the player everyone thought Artour is/was going to be

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Ana does not carry OG, he's just the only carry that fits Topson's playstyle. He is extremely efficient at farming and using the space that Topson creates on the map while also being able to davai with Topson when the time is right.

This isn't to say that Ana isn't amazing; he's absolutely one of the best cores of all time, I just think maybe give a little more credit to the rest of the team. Topson especially never gets enough credit for the games where he carries OG to success because half the time he's dying at the same time and he's mostly making other players look amazing.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Like I'm not one of the RTZ hater guys but Ana is the player everyone thought Artour is/was going to be

Artour just got Esport old. Time will take us all. And he plays old dota style. "Leave me alone for 20 minutes and let me farm" just doesn't work very well anymore.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Sampatrick posted:

Ana does not carry OG, he's just the only carry that fits Topson's playstyle. He is extremely efficient at farming and using the space that Topson creates on the map while also being able to davai with Topson when the time is right.

This isn't to say that Ana isn't amazing; he's absolutely one of the best cores of all time, I just think maybe give a little more credit to the rest of the team. Topson especially never gets enough credit for the games where he carries OG to success because half the time he's dying at the same time and he's mostly making other players look amazing.

Ceb and Jerax basically have their own offlane spinoff TV show every game.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Artour just got Esport old. Time will take us all. And he plays old dota style. "Leave me alone for 20 minutes and let me farm" just doesn't work very well anymore.

It works for Ana, and k1 Hector, and lots of teams

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Topson doesnt get credit because he was awful all year

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Rtz is actually extremely good what are y'all talking about

EG's current problems aren't huge, they mostly just come down to pretty mediocre drafts and s4 being honestly kinda bad nowadays.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Reality Sinner posted:

It works for Ana, and k1 Hector, and lots of teams

It always seems to me that Ana is running around team fighting 5-10 minutes earlier than Arteezy is. But that may just be my perception based on what else is going on around the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going have a hot take and say that every player on OG is very good

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Reality Sinner posted:

Pajkat and iLTW both suck and Topson is amazing

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Reality Sinner posted:

It helps when your 1 doesn't get rattled and fail to make anything out of the space you create with your fuckery tbf

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ive watched enough dota to know all players are bad

except BurNIng

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This is literally what ana did in game 3 though

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
The people in this thread saying Topson was bad all year round are probably the same people who would say that Ana is a bad mid player in 2017

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Reality Sinner posted:

Ive watched enough dota to know all players are bad

except BurNIng

imo that antimage game against alliance at TI3 is still some of the hypest poo poo i've ever seen

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
EG panicked that Ceb was having too good of a game and blew their entire marginal lead trying to kill a farmed ench with hardly any magical burst damage. It's like they totally forgot that they drafted a lineup that would tear through ench at 30 minutes. Also they tried to kill Ceb like three times in a row with the exact same result each time, if they had maybe gone back to what they were doing after the first failed gank they might have been fine. Games 1 & 2 are why people think EG has the potential to win tournaments and game 3 is why they never do.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Super Rad posted:

EG panicked that Ceb was having too good of a game and blew their entire marginal lead trying to kill a farmed ench with hardly any magical burst damage. It's like they totally forgot that they drafted a lineup that would tear through ench at 30 minutes. Also they tried to kill Ceb like three times in a row with the exact same result each time, if they had maybe gone back to what they were doing after the first failed gank they might have been fine. Games 1 & 2 are why people think EG has the potential to win tournaments and game 3 is why they never do.

Ench went to 3 hp during that fight where rtz died

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ana was very good but still lost mid every game. Best jungler eu.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Ana lost mid every game and then won the game because winning lanes doesn't matter

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Andrast posted:

I'm going have a hot take and say that every player on OG is very good

They’re all at least pretty good, and they just work really well together, which in a lot of ways is more important than being technically amazing. They’ve got a great amount of synergy in play styles, and it seems personalities, as well.

Ana and Jerax are both dota monsters, too, which doesn’t hurt.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Sampatrick posted:

The people in this thread saying Topson was bad all year round are probably the same people who would say that Ana is a bad mid player in 2017

Ana wasnt even the best mid on his team in 2017.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

OG's also got an almost unshakable morale, and seem to just be having the time of their lives playing together. I don't think there's another team that would tolerate their carry body blocking their support to death on the main stage at TI, but for OG, that's just a fun goof - they're there to have a good time and win games.

Clip in question: https://old.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ctbrl2/ogs_playing_a_professional_match_at_ti/

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Ana tped mid as void right when he turned 6 to turn a teamfight. I don't think RTZ would ever do that.

RTZ also doesn't get as much help as Ana. OG knows that Ana is the key, which is why magnus and tree are some of their key heroes. They play heroes who can support Ana. Ceb doesn't play any greedy offlaners, like doom or necro, for this same reason. He wants all of the space to go to Ana.

EG as a team loves greedy heroes. You saw Terrorblade and Anti-mage in all three games. PPD had so much success when he was with EG because he understood this and essentially played the "6". Fly is doing the same thing which is why they are the second best team in the tournament.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

Fly is doing the same thing which is why they are the second best team in the tournament.

lol if you think EG can beat lgd

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

RisqueBarber posted:

Ana tped mid as void right when he turned 6 to turn a teamfight. I don't think RTZ would ever do that.

RTZ also doesn't get as much help as Ana. OG knows that Ana is the key, which is why magnus and tree are some of their key heroes. They play heroes who can support Ana. Ceb doesn't play any greedy offlaners, like doom or necro, for this same reason. He wants all of the space to go to Ana.

EG as a team loves greedy heroes. You saw Terrorblade and Anti-mage in all three games. PPD had so much success when he was with EG because he understood this and essentially played the "6". Fly is doing the same thing which is why they are the second best team in the tournament.

rtz literally does do this when he's not playing heroes like anti-mage

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Andrast posted:

Ench went to 3 hp during that fight where rtz died

Yes and they lost the game because of that fight? I think this is the second time you've mentioned this as if it were some sort of positive or a justification. (If it was someone else then its the second time its been mentioned generally.)

The ench lived and the fight cost them the game. It doesn't matter how many hp the ench lived at. In fact, it doesn't even matter if the ench died, the sheer effort and overextension that EG had to put in to do so allowed them to get rolled in that crucial midgame teamfight.

It was a really horrendous decision and demonstrated why EG won't win a tournament like this - their midgame calls are just not good enough. They are so highly skilled but make such bad decisions. It was a 50/50 game before that and an 85/15 game after.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 22, 2019

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/2XGEgbv.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The BurNIng antimage build was so strong it had to be removed from the game