Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Surprised the new hero wasn't in the pool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

Like Evil Geniuses Dota ceases being a thing

You know you really do impress me with how stupid you are in this thread

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Craptacular never disappoints

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Don’t confuse stupid with mean. I didn’t know if they were anything beyond a Dota brand anymore, but it’s funner to say poo poo that sets people off than do basic research.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

When the gently caress does late show start? I cant take any more smooth jazz

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

lollin at all the csgo fans coming to steam.tv and wondering where the gently caress cs is

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Fell asleep during infamous game 1 and just woke up. Pretty sad about the results of that series and the eg series.

Rooting for lgd or vg

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

Don’t confuse stupid with mean. I didn’t know if they were anything beyond a Dota brand anymore, but it’s funner to say poo poo that sets people off than do basic research.

No you’re just actually the dumbest person in this thread still

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Craptacular! posted:

You're a dumbass

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Craptacular! posted:

even if they weren't more than a dota brand it's spectacularly stupid though

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

No you’re just actually the dumbest person in this thread still

I don't always agree with Goobs, but ya know, in this case, he's not wrong.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
EG aren't gonna quit Dota but I could see them shitcanning everyone but Sumail and rebuilding the team around him, on the basis of how bad the play calling was during their two main event losses.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Real talk, though: the best all star game was the one that had like 20 people pulled out of the crowd and a screaming ODPixel.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
so I had this idea for an all-star game format:
-it's captain's mode
-the captains are two former players or two celebrities or whatever, just two big name people that could do a Dota draft if asked
-they do a regular draft, usual rules, if you want to put a new hero in there I feel it would be a primo spot
-the twist is that they do it on DAY ONE of the main event, with no players assigned to any team, it's just the two captains
-then, and it's the cool part, the question of "which player gets put on which hero" is put to a vote with compendium owners, so you basically pick which player-hero combo you think is the most hype, if there's a rubick, you can vote for fy rubick, and then fy rubick is in the game and that's cool as poo poo
-after that it's just a regular game of Dota, maybe there's stakes, maybe you add gimmicks to the mode to make it cooler

anyway should I email gabe about my cool idea y/n

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
drat, sad to see Infamous lost the second game. Based on game 1 they absolutely could've beaten Secret if they reigned Hector in a little.

Glad to see EG lost though, and I can't wait to see Secret get owned by VG.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ElNarez posted:

EG aren't gonna quit Dota but I could see them shitcanning everyone but Sumail and rebuilding the team around him, on the basis of how bad the play calling was during their two main event losses.

I am glad we agree

Jack just said on the lategame that the western scene is gonna be rocked by changes, which probably doesn't really surprise most of us in here.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I am glad we agree

Jack just said on the lategame that the western scene is gonna be rocked by changes, which probably doesn't really surprise most of us in here.

I hope nobody poaches micke or boxi :(

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

TheRat posted:

I hope nobody poaches micke or boxi :(

Got some bad news for you :P

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Based on?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

TheRat posted:

Based on?

Absolutely nothing :sun:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What a tease

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think eg changes a few players and grabs a new coach as well.

I hope this infamous squad can stick together but the roster shuffle madness always hits them the hardest

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

eg.ppd

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Alliance stay together. I'm really confident that VP and EG are going to disband (one or two players will probably stay with the team but otherwise a new roster). NiP and Chaos are obviously out as well.

Also it's worth watching the segment of lategame with ccnc and jack because they go pretty deep into the TI shuffle stuff.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I mean it happens every TI that teams are scouting new players and sometimes making deals before the event is even over - and sometimes it results in poo poo like Aui getting kicked a week after winning TI. Probably almost every single team is gonna implode post-TI, again.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

I think eg changes a few players and grabs a new coach as well.

I hope this infamous squad can stick together but the roster shuffle madness always hits them the hardest

Didn't Infamous perform way better than expected though? Could be a sign they won't be rocked too hard

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
eg roster change is just weird to me, like top4 is still really good and who do you get as a replacement. like ok rtz underperformed but who are u gonna get, mason, bsj? lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am not surprised eg is now out but I am sad that infamous is and now I must root for anybody to win TI except for secret out of spite over the team's original conception.

Also I approve of the mad max fury road grandma goblin

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

eg roster change is just weird to me, like top4 is still really good and who do you get as a replacement. like ok rtz underperformed but who are u gonna get, mason, bsj? lol

Ixmike

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Also it's worth watching the segment of lategame with ccnc and jack because they go pretty deep into the TI shuffle stuff.

Do you have a link for it?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Top 6

they want to win, not be consistently 6th to 3rd

Andrast fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 23, 2019

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Didn't Infamous perform way better than expected though? Could be a sign they won't be rocked too hard

Yeah they did but that’s never stopped a South American team from swapping players

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

TheRat posted:

Do you have a link for it?

Starts around minute 55 https://www.twitch.tv/videos/471150279

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Rip eg. Doubt this roster will be intact. We'll always have this amazing dust of appearance vid

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I think EG’s roster changes depend on who was calling those shots. Like, when everyone was making fun of RTZ being miles away from base while they were getting raxxed, the real issue was what the gently caress was he doing on am to begin with. Whoever made that decision is who needs to go.

Might even just be a case of a background shuffling of coaches instead of an actual roster change, minus fly ditching eg because lol fly.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
bulba and midone are going to be found in the same shallow grave

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I tried to avoid spoilers this morning, open up the internet and the first thing I see is Sumail tweeting about wanting to die. Whoops.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I tried to avoid spoilers this morning, open up the internet and the first thing I see is Sumail tweeting about wanting to die. Whoops.

fuckin saaaaame :(

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

my friends texted me rip eg

e: they didn't realize I wanted no spoils

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh nobody posted
https://twitter.com/sumaaaail/status/956864236679917569