Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I have recruited exactly 1 friend and have forced my girlfriend to watch TI with me that is two non-dota people who are now in the fold :aliexpress:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
thinking back fondly on my first TI, TI4, when I thought ayesee was going to be the Vin Scully of dota lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Thom and the Heads posted:

thinking back fondly on my first TI, TI4, when I thought ayesee was going to be the Vin Scully of dota lol

Lmao idk how you even thought of that

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Lmao idk how you even thought of that

i didn't know any better lol i just assumed he was a very popular caster

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

he did have the cool radio voice, so I'm not surprised someone watching for the first time would think that

looked him up for the first time in ages and he's doing well:

https://twitter.com/ayesee/status/1160014209683525632

pretty cool :unsmith:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

sugar free jazz posted:

I have recruited exactly 1 friend and have forced my girlfriend to watch TI with me that is two non-dota people who are now in the fold :aliexpress:

Took my gf to TI last year. She decided to root for OG since they were the underdogs. It was loving awful.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Gotta say I'm getting really excited for today's and tomorrow's games, especially the TI8 rematch between OG and PSG.LGD in the winner's bracket tonight. I missed most of the live games earlier this week due to work, but now it's the weekend so I'm looking forward to pulling all nighters and catching everything as it happens. Rooting for OG to pull the back-to-back, but mostly just rooting for some good dota games.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Man I'm going to miss tomorrow's games since I'm visiting my grandparents

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

RisqueBarber posted:

Took my gf to TI last year. She decided to root for OG since they were the underdogs. It was loving awful.

fucing owned

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

holy man i didnt realize EG got 2-0'd by liquid, just watched the games and drat.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Are we thinking they’re going to announce one more hero besides dragon-riding grandma keen?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

mikeraskol posted:

Are we thinking they’re going to announce one more hero besides dragon-riding grandma keen?

I think we'll get one more

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Valve announced Grim and Mars at the same time last year iirc so we will see. It seems like they have actually been working on the game a lot recently so hopefully that includes a new hero.

I like the alternating between super serious DEMONS WILL CONSUME YOU heroes and wacky goofballs

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I wouldn't mind Spitfire as much if the dragon wasn't literally the How To Train Your Dragon one but recolored. But, I guess there's gonna be cosmetics where you get a different mount eventually, maybe

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I wouldn't mind Spitfire as much if the dragon wasn't literally the How To Train Your Dragon one but recolored. But, I guess there's gonna be cosmetics where you get a different mount eventually, maybe
I have this weird feeling that Spitfire and Disruptor are going to end up getting similar-looking cosmetics.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Valve announced Grim and Mars at the same time last year iirc so we will see.

Yeah and Pango/Willow were also announced at the same time. I was hoping we'd get another "and this new hero is out NOW" like we did with Grimstroke.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Incoherence posted:

I have this weird feeling that Spitfire and Disruptor are going to end up getting similar-looking cosmetics.

Disruptor buff incoming!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

that’s a cool drake she’s got there

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Maybe we'll get something like Lone Druid but with mount/dismount instead of animal form transformation. Did they release the hero skills ?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I feel like they’ve been trying to one-up themselves with the hero reveals; Pango/Willow was the first duo hero reveal, Mars/Grim was also a duo reveal, but also had the “Out Now!” twist. If there is another hero reveal this year, my guess is there will be some sort of onstage performance to announce it and some other addition to make it different.

basically: give us the 4th spirit today volvo

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
ok, who does EG poach from EU this year so they can continue to never win anything

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
IceFrog playing Cookie Clicker with How to Train Your Dragon playing in the background as his alarm goes off. "New hero design due... OH SHI-"

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
My guess is that we'll get three new hero announcements this time, one announced each of the last three days. (so, two more incoming)

There are some unused voice lines for a mind control based hero people have been bringing up, and there is also the theory that Aghanim will be involved somewhere due to the aghs patch we got recently.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Superrodan posted:

There are some unused voice lines for a mind control based hero people have been bringing up, and there is also the theory that Aghanim will be involved somewhere due to the aghs patch we got recently.

Mind control hero?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I don't know what that picture is.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Crummelhorn posted:

ok, who does EG poach from EU this year so they can continue to never win anything

ppd

:getin:

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Superrodan posted:

I don't know what that picture is.

HoN had some cool hero design before it went to poo poo.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

1 pos puppet master was liternally all I played during my hon days. I did not know what 1 pos was.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
They've been teasing the poo poo out of a new spirit so if they fail to announce it I will be incredibly shocked

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Puppet master used to delete heroes off the map with his ult. That was cool.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Can this be a new hero?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i fell asleep during the first liquid eg match, was anything worth watching from it

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
G1 was nice if you are a liquid fan. Game 2 was just unwinnable from the draft.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Game 2 is sad because Sumail had what must be his single worst game at TI, ever

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
They looked completely lost at how to shut down safelane alch and sumail played terribly

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

game 1 was sad bc it was 1 by 1 feed to save 1 person like it was a pub

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Reality Sinner posted:

Puppet master used to delete heroes off the map with his ult. That was cool.
For people who didn't play HoN, this isn't a figure of speech, there was a bug with his ult that if you broke the tether on it somehow, the targeted hero would literally be removed from the match.

Speaking of HoN, it'd probably break dota, but I do kinda miss Harkon's Blade.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

ATP_Power posted:

HoN had some cool hero design before it went to poo poo.

It's got some elements of Winter Wyvern. Voodoo Puppet would be a fun idea if it had some sort of risk or tradeoff. Like it takes up an item slot, Puppet Master has to have vision of the target, or if the target BKBs it acts as a blademail to everyone who attacks the puppet.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

ATP_Power posted:

For people who didn't play HoN, this isn't a figure of speech, there was a bug with his ult that if you broke the tether on it somehow, the targeted hero would literally be removed from the match.

Speaking of HoN, it'd probably break dota, but I do kinda miss Harkon's Blade.

I miss the owl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

A hero like Aluna where you selectively use the ult to power up the other 3 skills would be cool