Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

AlternateNu posted:

Caster route implies she doesn't stay with Kuzuki which gently caress you. Don't mess with the only pure relationship in all of Type-Moon. :colbert:

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
What we clearly need is a Rider route. :colbert:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

What we clearly need is a Rider route. :colbert:

in the scrapped caster route there was a bad end where you gently caress rider and caster stabs you in the back

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Mahoyo is the caster route.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The scrapped Mashu route from waaay back in development where she was just a stray servant

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

in the scrapped caster route there was a bad end where you gently caress rider and caster stabs you in the back

Uh, how is that a bad end?????

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Caster route implies she doesn't stay with Kuzuki which gently caress you. Don't mess with the only pure relationship in all of Type-Moon. :colbert:

Who says he can't come too?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Darth Walrus posted:

Who says he can't come too?

Because that’s not what Kuzuki is all about.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kuzuki never comes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the ancient chinese assassination technique of nofap

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Lt. Lizard posted:

Uh, how is that a bad end?????

Well yeah, but look at all of the other 'bad' ends in f/sn. Fits right in!

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Make a VN out of Fate/zero where you play as Kirei, and each ending is you ending up as a supervillain with a different boyfriend.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want the alt take on fsn where waver gets in instead of the stupid guy and he summons iskandar again, vn or otherwise

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hosed up the only way for kiritsugu to get a happy ending is by loving Gilgamesh

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I have doubts about the ability of this blonde lady to get ahead in life.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 17, 2019

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
olga marie!1

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

I have doubts about the ability of this blonde lady to get ahead in life.
......get a-head. :downsrim:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Wondering if Ms. Adashino's interest in Waver will end up being something other than purely professional.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Where do I even start to decipher FGO and why it's so popular. I tried looking up who Olga Marie is and came back with her getting Gold Requiem'd in eternum. :psyduck:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Olga is from the tutorial/prologue of FGO, at the time she was kinda just a generic haughty/tsundereish mage who gets angry (somewhat justifiably) at the MC falling asleep during a major briefing. She then tags along for the first singularity (Think mini-grail war in a place/situation that'll destroy humanity) and then "dies" horribly after being betrayed by one of her closest confidants and making an impassioned rant about how miserable her life had been. The horrible nature of her "Death" and the sheer excessiveness of it stuck with people and the bit of deeper personality she displayed at the end and subsequent development obtained by learning more of her circumstances later on (as well as being a continuing character in the crazy Riyo joke comics) endeared her to the playerbase to the point that "bring back Olga" has been a FGO player meme for most of the game's lifespan.

She'll come back to us, one day...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also she looks cool

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

She's also a really lovely mage, which, ironically, means she's a rather decent person. Much like Waver.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also she is relatable if you are a loser, like me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Where do I even start to decipher FGO and why it's so popular.
the early stuff in the story is very weakly written but the latter stuff is incredible and easily some of the best writing in the fate franchise. it's consistently funny and every character gets at least some event or story that spotlights them, and the overall plot is exciting and interesting. that's why. it just has good writing

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Did you ever want to get a Valentines gift from Gilgamesh, that's why you play FGO

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

The girls are very good and I hope all three of them get more chances to shine. Well, I'm sure Reines and Gray will, but Luvia is a minor character here. Which she'd probably be mad about, but hey, that's still more of a role than Rin has, which offsets that...probably.

Likewise.

Even if Luvia stretches suspension of disbelief more than any mages, familiars or heroic spirits ever could, by being an insanely wealthy noble that is actually a good-hearted person!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Compendium posted:

Did you ever want to get a Valentines gift from Gilgamesh, that's why you play FGO
He took me a on date on a river!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sephyr posted:

Likewise.

Even if Luvia stretches suspension of disbelief more than any mages, familiars or heroic spirits ever could, by being an insanely wealthy noble that is actually a good-hearted person!

Also a professional wrestler.

I actually like the whole cast in El-Melloi so far.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Also a professional wrestler.

I actually like the whole cast in El-Melloi so far.

True. I actually expected to dislike Waver's 'little sister' but they gauged her evil annoyance rather well. She's just at the proper level of a little poo poo I enjoy hating.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Waver: This is my most dangerous mission yet, so I shall bring two children.

(though I can't blame him for not bringing Flat to any potentially tense diplomatic situation)

I wonder what exactly it means that Grey "isn't a mage". No talent, no training, or just no interest? Presumably the stuff she does involves some kind of magic channeling ability.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well she appears to be a magic clone of Artoria who can use her spear and that's about all she does, so she's more like a living magic weapon.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Sindai posted:

Well she appears to be a magic clone of Artoria who can use her spear and that's about all she does, so she's more like a living magic weapon.

Yeah, she is like a living noble phantasm at this point right? At that point do you need to bother with magecraft?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Galaga Galaxian posted:

She's also a really lovely mage, which, ironically, means she's a rather decent person. Much like Waver.

She's a great mage, she's just a zero as a Master, which is even more of a sore point that if she were a lovely mage outright.
In contrast Guda is barely a mage, but a top-tier Master. Which just rubs salt into the wound. It's never depicted but I suspect Olga already knew who Guda was and why they were there (as Director she must've read the dossiers) and that influenced her reaction.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 18, 2019

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

No no, I mean she's a lovely mage *mentally* because she's a decent person. Just like Waver and Rin. :v:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Heavens Feel II is out on home video

Wow, uh, Alter went off on one, didn't she? Just does not give a poo poo. Makes me wonder how fast Gilgamesh would reach for Ea if he had to deal with her. Literally the only time when I've ever though "So THAT'S what they mean when they say she's hypothetically strongest servant."

Also, and this is just regarding the general depiction in the ufotable anime, I feel sorry for Herc and Cu, they both feel like they exist in sort of mid-boss space where their role is ultimately to make other characters look good. The Kane and D'Lo Brown of Fate/Stay Night, respectively

The actual story still has a bit of the feel of that old "Let's make things as terrible as possible, to the point that any kind of comeback might feel contrived" vibe to it but I won't be able to say that for sure or not until the last movie is out, will I?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Oh, it's close, but we haven't quite hit rock bottom yet. Things can still get a bit more hopeless, but man is the turning point some :fsn: poo poo!

I'll also say, and IIRC this is something Nasu once shared in an interview, is that the intent was for this to be a story where the protagonists earn their ending.

It's spring.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Watching HF, part II made me realize, isn't Beserker supposed to be immune to whatever successfully kills him. I always wondering how Saber Alter was able to shave so many lives with different variations of Excali-blast.

God, I can't wait to see Nine Bullet Revolver animated.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I would assume that's meant to get around gimmick attacks that can kill him. Presumably you could just obliterate him again and again by pure power but the amount of power required just isn't reasonable, but Saber Alter isn't reasonable.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Yeah, Excalibur trumps God Hand, and at full power it's even able to eliminate several "lives" in one go.

It's a powerful conceptual ability and hard counter to most sure-kill gimmicks (ie Gae Bolg), but it just doesn't work well against miracles of equivalent rank or superior rank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean, even if it didn't trump God Hand, it's not like it mattered once :siren:THE GOOP:siren: got involved.