Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Not curious enough to pop for the higher tiers that have epilogues on Dominic Deegan characters, though.

Edit: Oh, I missed a notable one. One of those bonus images (unrelated to this comic) was a character he created who is a necromancer in a graveyard reading a book called "Put the Romance back in Necromancy" with "Talk to Dead Girls" on the back of the book.

Yeah. He created a necrophiliac necromancer OC. According to Mookie, he'll "either go on to defile corpses for horrible undead rituals, or he's going to be a harmless pervert with a ghost fetish ;) "

Not ;) , Mookie. Not ;) at all.
Putting the sensual back into nonconsensual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:nallears: :magical:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Not curious enough to pop for the higher tiers that have epilogues on Dominic Deegan characters, though.
You say that now...

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fish Noise posted:

You say that now...

They established what happened to Siggy's dad and his awesome stache.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Didn't Demon-Siegfried eat his dad's soul? It was stupid.

Was the Karnak / Siegfried plot ever resolved, I can't remember.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah, nah, I'll let someone else venture down that path if they want to drop the :10bux:. It would be wasted on me as I came into the DD mock thread near the end of the strip so I don't know the details of all the plotlines and characters and such.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ague Proof posted:

I think one of them blew up.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

I just remember a dog getting tortured.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

I just remember a dog getting tortured.

I remember it being a good dog, undeserving of its fate.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

I remember it being a good dog

Is there any other kind?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

What was Siegfried's deal again? I completely forgot the plot of Dominic Deegan.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SardonicTyrant posted:

What was Siegfried's deal again? I completely forgot the plot of Dominic Deegan.

Assuming I’m not confusing him he’s the son of some racist rear end in a top hat (a king?) and he did some dumb poo poo. Oh wait he dated Luna? Or something and them tormented her or something. Anyways him and his dead got killed by some infernomancer during the war of hell and WHY THE gently caress do I remember this

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
He was relatively complex for a character written by Mookie. When his fans liked Siegfried more than Dominic, Mookie made him extremely racist, using the orc version of the n-word and lynching a family of orcs to impress his dad. Oh and he retroactively had an affair with his werewolf best friend's girlfriend.

Siegfried was a jock, and Dominic Deegan runs on 80s High School movie logic.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 25, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh wait he dated Luna? Or something and them tormented her or something.

He was asked to meet her to potentially become engaged, as a part of a plot by Luna's mother to make Luna get rejected by so many men she'd kill herself, because if nobility dies in their house while a knight of Siegfried's standing is present, Luna's mother would get a poo poo ton of money for compensation. This was apparently her grand plan and it was only ruined because the day before, she went to Deegan's bumfuck agency to ask him if she was the most beautiful person in the world and cursed him because he said no.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It was always weird when Mookie remembered that Dominic is supposed to be an oracle and not just a dbz dude that can do anything.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It was always weird when Mookie remembered that Dominic is supposed to be an oracle and not just a dbz dude that can do anything.

Mental realm means an oracle is incredibly powerful was the explanation. But apparently Dominic can also do magic in the real world too, plus the ludicrous supporting cast he has. Basically their was no point in the whole of Dominic Deegan where he wasn't incredibly overpowered. Even when he got dwarf dick punched he was in no danger, as Luna immediately threatens the dwarf with death in reprisal.

As for Siggy, he was a jock character that actually started to go through what could be considered a Redemption arc by Mookie standards. But, because of this, he actually started to become an interesting character the readers enjoyed, and we can't have that for a disposable jock that everyone was suppose to hate.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I just found out this is back.
We are all dead, and this is Hell.

So who’s down for a thread re-read of the original opus?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Oh hell no....I was free damnit.
(I'd follow a thread doing a reread if only to see reactions from people again)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Let's wait for this new trainwreck to finish before going back to admiring the smoldering ashes of the old dumpster fire.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

He was asked to meet her to potentially become engaged, as a part of a plot by Luna's mother to make Luna get rejected by so many men she'd kill herself

lmao I forgot all about this poo poo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

He was relatively complex for a character written by Mookie. When his fans liked Siegfried more than Dominic, Mookie made him extremely racist, using the orc version of the n-word and lynching a family of orcs to impress his dad. Oh and he retroactively had an affair with his werewolf best friend's girlfriend.

Siegfried was a jock, and Dominic Deegan runs on 80s High School movie logic.
That moment really summed up DD, didn't it? "Instead of making Dominic better, I'll just make everyone else worse."

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

PMush Perfect posted:

That moment really summed up DD, didn't it? "Instead of making Dominic better, I'll just make everyone else worse."

It's funnier in context, where Dominic is literally showing everyone the terrible thing Sigfried had done to get them to hate him. It was a character assassination both in and out of universe.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Drunk Theory posted:

Even when he got dwarf dick punched he was in no danger, as Luna immediately threatens the dwarf with death in reprisal.

He wasn't in danger because Rillian paid the dwarf to punch him in the balls.

To save the word.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ague Proof posted:

To save the word.

He truly was the best character. :allears:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

You weren't clued in by the news?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

GrossMurpel posted:

lmao I forgot all about this poo poo.

And that was literally the comic's first story arc, too. Really set the tone for what was to come.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ague Proof posted:

To save the word.

Oh right. When the most powerful necromancer ever paid a dwarf to punch Dominic in the dick to ruin his vacation.
And save the world.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

All DD villains just get kludged into being Szark Who Is Gay in my mind if I ever try to remember anything that had happened. "Man that Szark, who is gay, sure did a ton of stuff constantly huh."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Szark was bisexual, but became gay after he redeemed himself. By... [remembers] a demon possesed him when he was a child which made him enjoy pain and suffering and he moved to Sin City where he lived a decadent and evil lifestyle with his promiscuous sorcerer wife... who roofied Luna (her sister) so she could mind-control Bumper, a thief and one of the comic's only black characters, into raping and murdering her. He later garroted the witch and left her body rear end up in the air, a punworthy occasion.

Wait what the gently caress :stare:

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 25, 2019

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

We didn’t know Bumper was black for a long as time tho because in black and white he looked the same as everyone else.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Mors Rattus posted:

We didn’t know Bumper was black for a long as time tho because in black and white he looked the same as everyone else.

It was a plot point.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

God, this loving comic.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

PMush Perfect posted:

God, this loving comic.

The very first colored comic no less.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The very first colored comic no less.

That’s what I meant, this is the first time anyone knew he was supposed to be black.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I put in the OP that I'd like not to discuss old Dominic Deegan, but I'm a lazy OP and this is more fun.

So....carry on? :shrug:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

I put in the OP that I'd like not to discuss old Dominic Deegan, but I'm a lazy OP and this is more fun.

So....carry on? :shrug:

To be honest I think trying to analyse a comic based off the legacy of the original Dominic Deegan, without referring to the original Dominic Deegan, is going to be difficult. I agree that relitigating the dumpster fire day-in, day-out, won't be interesting but I do think it's worth sometimes being allowed to go over how much of a DBZ trainwreck the original was.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
At the very least it helps fill time between some of the contentless updates.

Every closeup of Snout is so, bad. And it actually kind of sours what would be a well done, quiet scene in a silent comic.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
Oh my God his face, I can't stop giggling, it's so stupid

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

His house was a box and he had no possessions and he's okay with sleeping naked on the floor.
I suppose the featureless rectangle house could hold sentimental value but this isn't much of a downgrade for Snout t b h.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is that beam not supposed to be the ship's trail? It doesn't even come close to the building that it was just hovering over. Is it just a laser beam that shoots out of the back of the ship?