Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Taffer posted:

I haven't followed dota since last TI, what was this

he said russians would sell their mother for some mmr points and some other toxic poo poo bc some guy was being a dick to him a pub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ceb is many things. Chilled out is not one of them.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

The less I know about the players the better honestly

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Is there a gif of that OG Io Bristle fountain dive ? I've never seen anything like that in a pro game.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Kild posted:

he said russians would sell their mother for some mmr points and some other toxic poo poo bc some guy was being a dick to him a pub

technically he only said that those specific russians would sell their mothers for mmr. The guy was being a poo poo, ceb lashed out badly, then apologized.
https://www.hotspawn.com/dota-2s-ceb-accused-of-racism-solo-threatens-boycott/

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

awesmoe posted:

technically he only said that those specific russians would sell their mothers for mmr. The guy was being a poo poo, ceb lashed out badly, then apologized.
https://www.hotspawn.com/dota-2s-ceb-accused-of-racism-solo-threatens-boycott/

well he gave a non apology then ppl bitched that it was a non apology then he actually apologized

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Kild posted:

well he gave a non apology then ppl bitched that it was a non apology then he actually apologized
I'm not going to tell you how you should interpret it, but I read this as a good enough apology. The guy was a dick but ceb shouldn't have reacted how he did, and he's sorry that he did it.
But because he's a public figure he had to do polished PR-scripted apology, which is fine, that's what you get for being paid enough to be a public figure.

Anyway to make this post not worthless here's the bristle fountain dives (i dont know how to make gifs)
pt 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLnoRFf6Xo&t=3509s
pt 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLnoRFf6Xo&t=3796s

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ojetor posted:

would they take the Aegis in their own country, it would also keep the legend of "no one has ever won two TIs" going

This is what I’ve wanted for the past five years or so. If OG repeated, it would be interesting though because it was two years in a row.

I know Sumail has made some words to the effect of wanting to be the first repeat winner, and I think Puppey has said something along those lines as well. But for a whole drat team to repeat with no change in the roster from last year? Even old NaVi changed a support year to year.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 24, 2019

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
getting completely humiliated like that would have made 99% of people flat out uninstall the game. so i respect newbee for showing some fight in their infamous series instead of being mentally checked out

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I just wish Infamous got to clown on another NA team

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

awesmoe posted:

I'm not going to tell you how you should interpret it, but I read this as a good enough apology. The guy was a dick but ceb shouldn't have reacted how he did, and he's sorry that he did it.
But because he's a public figure he had to do polished PR-scripted apology, which is fine, that's what you get for being paid enough to be a public figure.

Anyway to make this post not worthless here's the bristle fountain dives (i dont know how to make gifs)
pt 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLnoRFf6Xo&t=3509s
pt 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLnoRFf6Xo&t=3796s

Pubs are cancer

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

I know Sumail has made some words to the effect of wanting to be the first repeat winner, and I think Puppey has said something along those lines as well. But for a whole drat team to repeat with no change in the roster from last year? Even old NaVi changed a support year to year.

honestly I'd love for OG to pull the repeat win, if only for more players in the scene to adopt the ana lifestyle of "win big, chill like crazy, then come back and win big some more", it just sounds healthier than scrimming all day every day

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
wow slacks' voice is dead

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Sampatrick posted:

Pubs are cancer

thats why i only play bot matches

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
EG is the only team to ever win TI with a toxic team and they could only do that because the individual skill on the players was so far beyond every other team and they had a massive draft advantage.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Alliance is gone why is loda in my tv

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

slacks owns. i hope he gets his voice back

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Aw man I guess rotk does want to get some acclaim of being a coach too like others.

So many people I want to root for

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

im rooting for zai now

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

okay the start of this interview made me laugh really hard

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I'm so ready for some good rear end dota

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

NmareBfly posted:

okay the start of this interview made me laugh really hard

The...the end of it too

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

RisqueBarber posted:

im rooting for zai now

same?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Giving China Tide is bad.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
china

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Ravus posted:

Giving China Tide is bad.

Puppey doesn't want Tide on his team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk_l200kJvY

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

... Hahaha

Edit: whisp carry!?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
is it happening

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I feel like it's happening and Secret's gonna get shithoused spectacularly

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
NISHA IO

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

I've been hoping to see someone else play this since groups!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wasn't sure who to root for in this matchup until now

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
Does twitch encode commentator input separate?

I would pay for premium if I could mute Tobi.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
is secret stealing the core io??

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I wasn't sure who to root for in this matchup until now

In kinda torn. I sort of love that they are playing whisp carry... But they let china have tide which is my big nono right now. It's nice not having a strong pref for a game though, not many of those this ti!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Why is Secret doing this lineup in an elimination series?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hedged a little bit today but I'm also fairly confident that the 1 and 5 that lose will outscore the 3 and 4 that don't

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gosh yapzor is so good

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Why is Secret doing this lineup in an elimination series?

Cuts it's broken as gently caress if they can pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
I expected Secret to take Io but I thought MidOne would take it. He's taken Io mid in the past.

Looking forward to see Nisha pull it off.