Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Sirotan posted:

drat, you got me excited for an Ann Arbor Costco meetup for a second there too.

I used to go the Jackson road one for a cheap lunch from time to time when I work on Main Street. I'm not above the trek to A2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

COSTCO MEMES ARE FUNNY

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

ayyyyyyyy I hoid ya need ya pipes fixed

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

RZA Encryption posted:

COSTCO MEMES ARE FUNNY

I hand drew him a little blue collared shirt! Let me have this!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

TraderStav posted:

Offer still stands for a beer, if you're ever in the greater Detroit / Ann Arbor area.

We can even go to our local Costco!

That is a mighty generous offer friend! I live at the beach in the bay area and would gladly extend the same invite to you should you find yourself around here as well. I've always wanted to do a road trip up north, I love severe weather and would be super into making it up to Michigan someday.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

StormDrain posted:

I hand drew him a little blue collared shirt! Let me have this!

No I love it and was referencing the Simpsons meme thread in hopes more people would post Costco memes.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

TraderStav posted:

I’m in South Lyon, so my home Costco is the Green Oak / Brighton one. I will hit the Livonia or Haggerty one on the way home from work (Detroit) from time to time. The Haggerty one is bonkers and hate stepping foot in there.

The Haggerty Costco is incredibly bonkers and if I lived closer to another one I'd go there instead. I used to shop at the Madison Heights Costco when I lived that way and that one is just as bonkers as the Haggerty one. Haggerty Costco went through a remodel last year and I don't think they lost any business during all that madness. Seemed like people refused to go to another one even though there's two more Costcos within like 5 miles. The other Livonia one at 96 and Middlebelt is doing a remodel now too but I haven't been in there to check it out.

Jingleheimer fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Aug 24, 2019

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Can confirm that the Costco next door to Nike HQ is a fuckin warzone 24/7

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
They have Beats headphones in Costco colors now.

e: the specs conspicuously don’t mention the Apple W1 chip, which is odd.

e2: Googling the model number shows they aren’t Costco-exclusive (though they’re $50 cheaper there) and do have the W1.

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 24, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lazyhound posted:

The solos are so so drat uncomfortable.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

MarcusSA posted:

The solos are so so drat uncomfortable.

I've never liked on ear headphones, over ear supremacy.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Same. Over ear is the best.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Infidel Castro posted:

Bad news folks. The Costco by my work doesn't have a food court for the rest of the week.

Help.

:negative: Same. Went yesterday and I was really craving a dog. poo poo's closed down for new flooring.

Edit: I think I remember you talking about WI sports in the past. Sun Prairie?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Lazyhound posted:

e2: Googling the model number shows they aren’t Costco-exclusive (though they’re $50 cheaper there) and do have the W1.

drat I thought I loved Costco but after seeing this true disciple completely disregard basic reason and immediately assume that Costco partnered with loving Beats to make Costco colored headphones, I am brought to tears at the purity and depth of his faith.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Snagged a sweet pair of Speedo casual shoes for like $13 at the 'Co this weekend. They're super comfy and a steal for the price.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Taima posted:

drat I thought I loved Costco but after seeing this true disciple completely disregard basic reason and immediately assume that Costco partnered with loving Beats to make Costco colored headphones, I am brought to tears at the purity and depth of his faith.

There have been Costco-only headphone models before.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Costco food court got rid of the Polish dog and I've been mad about it ever since.

I have had the great joy of going to Costco in both Hawaii and in Spain.
Hawaiian Costco has a really great cheeseburger at their food court, and the cheapest gas on the island. It's also a great place to buy chocolates/gift boxes whatever.

Costco in Spain was interesting. We went to the one near Madrid.
They had two armed security guards. One at the jewelry counter, and one at the registers. I snuck a creep shot over my shoulder. Costco in Spain doesn't play. :blastu:

They also had an excellent selection of cheese, olives, booze, and jamon. Food court had barbecue chicken pizza, which was p-good.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Lazyhound posted:

There have been Costco-only headphone models before.

Partnered models with Costco colors, or the store-specific product coding that happens regularly with electronics at various retailers?

Btw has anyone tried the Bookers whiskey? It looks awesome but at such a high % i could use a second opinion.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
gotta go get more canned kirkland iced coffee, need those jaguars to function

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

canyoneer posted:

They also had an excellent selection of cheese, olives, booze, and jamon. Food court had barbecue chicken pizza, which was p-good.

That sounds amazing, and re: the pizza that sounds like another regional variation (like the Mexico al pastor pineapple pizza). I wonder how many varieties there are.

Costco Hawaii is also dear to my heart because I had this huge crush on a girl for years in high school in the Bay Area, and inexplicably met her, in a bikini no less, in Hawaii Costco and it blew my drat mind. Weirdest coincidence ever, and as close to godly intervention as I’ve seen. Just one more point in the favor of Costco being the true church.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I want a set of costco themed BeatsX earbuds, they are the best wireless earbuds for me I have found.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I've got a vacation to Japan in a couple of months. You better believe I'm dragging my entire group to a Costco to get a bulgogi bake.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Anyone have experience with the Costco car buying service? Thinking I might actually buy new for once.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I just checked on the Costco mortgage services and their advertised rates are actually fairly terrible, I'm disappointed.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Enos Cabell posted:

Anyone have experience with the Costco car buying service? Thinking I might actually buy new for once.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales/comments/b2cpc7/costco_auto_program/

My parents used it years ago. They had a good experience.
The gist is that you'll always get a decent to good price, but if you're Mr Deals you can probably do better dealing directly with the dealership.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

canyoneer posted:

The gist is that you'll always get a decent to good price, but if you're Mr Deals you can probably do better dealing directly with the dealership.

I'll take decent to good to never have to set foot in a dealership, just gently caress those guys.

Are you able to apply manufacturer employee discounts through the Costco purchase program? I live in Michigan, so we're drowning in those extra discount options.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

TraderStav posted:

I'll take decent to good to never have to set foot in a dealership, just gently caress those guys.

Are you able to apply manufacturer employee discounts through the Costco purchase program? I live in Michigan, so we're drowning in those extra discount options.

Just email internet sales managers directly, if it's a common car you can get them to try to beat each other and work out a good deal without ever leaving your computer.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

canyoneer posted:

I'm closer to Mr. Mark than Mr. Deals so looks like this might be a decent option.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Can confirm that the Costco next door to Nike HQ is a fuckin warzone 24/7

The one next to the Hillsboro airport is the much better.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Sirotan posted:

I just checked on the Costco mortgage services and their advertised rates are actually fairly terrible, I'm disappointed.

They were showing 3.5% last week for a 30 year, but clicking on the submit button never worked, it would just hang at submitting. I tried on 3 different computers on different days too.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

I used it indirectly 2.5 years ago to buy my current car. There is typically only a single dealership of each manufacturer in a region that is affiliated with the Costco program. And they have a fixed price (usually in relation to invoice) that is non-negotiable. I got a written up price on the vehicle I was going to order from the Costco dealership. I then went to a closer dealership, and they beat it by about $500 once they saw the paperwork with the price.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

my dog died im sad posted:

The one next to the Hillsboro airport is the much better.

Yeah that's where we go typically

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Costco has finally opened in China! How did the locals take to it?

https://qz.com/1695894/here-are-the-crazy-scenes-from-costcos-opening-day-in-china/

More converts to the church of Costco!

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Original_Z posted:

Costco has finally opened in China! How did the locals take to it?

https://qz.com/1695894/here-are-the-crazy-scenes-from-costcos-opening-day-in-china/

More converts to the church of Costco!

Costco has been in Taiwan for over a decade already :cool: I went there a few times, it was kind of far off from where I lived though, and my apartment didn't really hold the bulk quantities you get at Costco.

Taiwan best China.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to buy the Vitamix that's on sale but my local co was sold out. Looks like they are getting rid of the base e320 and replacing it with an e320 bundled with some kind of attachment. Luckily the website still had it in stock

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Enos Cabell posted:

I'm closer to Mr. Mark than Mr. Deals so looks like this might be a decent option.

This comes up in the thread from time to time and it generally seems like a consensus that it's a good program. From myself, too - we did it back in 2012. Went to the website, punched in what we wanted, and went from no car to car in about 2-3 hours (they insisted on a test drive and then all the paperwork) at the price we wanted, with no back and forth.

I hate haggling or bargaining, and if we paid a little more than we might have, then it was worth it. I would definitely do it again.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Anyone know anything about the TCL 75" that Coscto has (cant find on website) in store for $799?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Trastion posted:

Anyone know anything about the TCL 75" that Coscto has (cant find on website) in store for $799?

I have the 43" 4K and it's good for what it is. Built in Roku is very nice and the picture quality looks really good for the price I paid.

I can't speak to how it competes with other 75" 4K TVs it would be matching up against, but I suspect that if you're looking for a huge 4K TV on the cheap, it's very good on its own.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Trastion posted:

I've got 2 TCLs I've been very happy with, but I don't know about that model specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Thanks. I currently have a 1080p projector that is dying. I am used to a 106" screen with that. I have been playing a lot more PS4 games though and the projector adds a little lag time so that is not good on FPS games.

I have an old school PS4 so it can't do 4k but I plan on getting a PS5 when they are released. I also watch more movies and stuff in 720p currently anyways so I don't need the best tv out there. I just didn't know if TCL is good or not. Sounds like they are decent so I will probably go with that.

The other tvs of the same size next to it (Sony & Samsung) are both $1000 more and I can't see spending the extra $1000.