Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Having missed the draft, that 9th pick Io headfake is some real Puppey TI strats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Let's be real here, vg took some bad fights too

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

So will LDG or Vici pick up core Io, or is it just gonna be a permanent draft disadvantage for Chinese teams?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Tide's play was questionable a best honestly

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Sampatrick posted:

The only way to beat carry wisp is to ban carry wisp

That feel when whisp is an autoban carry for TI lol. That's gonna be a FAST loving NERF after TI.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Valve/IF just incapable of balancing io at all

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

loving stomped.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
i wonder how long it will take for the community's opinion of carry io go from "lol io gimmick carry build" to "iceFRAUD sux nerf this OP poo poo"

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

OG so powerful their improv goof strats are defining the TI meta.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Ravus posted:

That feel when whisp is an autoban carry for TI lol. That's gonna be a FAST loving NERF after TI.

io, ench, and probably tiny aghs are gonna get buried

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Jen X posted:

io, ench, and probably tiny aghs are gonna get buried

I hope they don't shitcan Tiny, I don't think he needs much tweaking to be ok...

IO and Ench need some good curb stomping though, holy poo poo.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Secret should do the right thing and let VG try carry io game 2

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Midone was practicing core io on his stream weeks back

emdash fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 24, 2019

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The way to fix Tiny is to make it so that the items he buys don't apply to tree throw. The fact that his spell can crit is dumb as hell

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

IncendiaC posted:

i wonder how long it will take for the community's opinion of carry io go from "lol io gimmick carry build" to "iceFRAUD sux nerf this OP poo poo"

as soon as it starts invading every pub

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Secret should do the right thing and let VG try carry io game 2

I'd love to see China play it, but they late-picked whisp this time, if China wanted it they could easily have had it. I'd expect a ban instead.

Happy to be wrong though!

Also I love that OG give so few fucks they show the most broken hero at the start of groups cus ana felt like playing it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ravus posted:

I hope they don't shitcan Tiny, I don't think he needs much tweaking to be ok...

Yeah it's just his Aghs I think. Pro DotA runs into problems when a hero can do multiple things really well, like Tiny being a roaming burst ganker and somehow a super hard carry late game. Or the whole Io thing

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Ravus posted:

https://gfycat.com/opulentimpracticalcrocodile

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
This Asian man on the panel atm is so much better than the other jokers they usually have there, including Dendi :unsmith:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yeah it's just his Aghs I think. Pro DotA runs into problems when a hero can do multiple things really well, like Tiny being a roaming burst ganker and somehow a super hard carry late game. Or the whole Io thing

NGL watching Tiny two-shot people with trees from downtown is real fun, but probably not great for the game.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

sauer kraut posted:

This Asian man on the panel atm is so much better than the other jokers they usually have there, including Dendi :unsmith:

Jack is the man! Has always been, will always be.

Them deers man, too scary.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

sauer kraut posted:

Turns out active pros talking about games they were just in give better game analysis than casters.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I'm not sure carry IO is gonna be a huge deal outside of the pro level because actually hitting those spirits on a moving target consistently is way harder than they're making it look

of course that's not going to deter the idiots who try it in pubs, farm halfway through a helm and then start feeding but w/e

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

the real annoying poo poo is echo sabre slowing during tree volley, that poo poo makes you get hit like twice as many times as you should

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ATP_Power posted:

Turns out active pros talking about games they were just in give better game analysis than casters.

Jack is just the team manager, not player or even coach

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

SUUUPER interested in how VG handle this draft. Secret really made this set fascinating.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Jack is just the team manager, not player or even coach

And he's a national treasure and has been forever.

edit: fuuck this timezone man, thread is moving too slowly and I keep double posting. :rip:

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I'm not sure carry IO is gonna be a huge deal outside of the pro level because actually hitting those spirits on a moving target consistently is way harder than they're making it look

of course that's not going to deter the idiots who try it in pubs, farm halfway through a helm and then start feeding but w/e

IDK, even though it's best with a good draft to play around it, I think a decent carry could make it work well enough in pubs. Gonna be a lot of feeders though.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

As someone who has played mid wisp it's really really easy

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

"we'd rather play with dead yang or burning than ROTK" I guess I missed some Chinese team drama?

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

quote is not edit.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ATP_Power posted:

"we'd rather play with dead yang or burning than ROTK" I guess I missed some Chinese team drama?

ROTK was the coach guy yelling at them in the video, saying Yang wasn't dead

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
:smith:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

ATP_Power posted:

rotk is the coach, its a joke

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I think it’s just a joke on how loud and abrasive rotk is

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
core io is 100% at 6 picks this event, which makes him a more popular and more winning core than Lycan (2 picks, 0%), Drow Ranger (3 picks, 0%), Chaos Knight (5 picks, 60%), Luna (5 picks, 40%), Zeus (5 picks, 0%), Underlord (6 picks, 50%), Bloodseeker (6 picks, 50%), Viper (6 picks, 33%), Huskar (6 picks, 33%) and Pudge (6 picks, 16%)

if we get to 7 games, even with a loss, Io would have a better record than Meepo and Clinkz

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

ATP_Power posted:

Naw, ROTK is their coach, it's a skit. One of the better (maybe the best?) they did this year. Weekend At Yangs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ravus posted:

And he's a national treasure and has been forever.

edit: fuuck this timezone man, thread is moving too slowly and I keep double posting. :rip:

do you think that stops me

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
big fan of that skit

not EG north america level, but very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Jen X posted:

big fan of that skit

not EG north america level, but very good

The EG one was also very good. And I don't even like EG, it was just a good skit.