Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

Why did ana not have buyback? Was it still on cooldown from the Rosh fight or did he not have the gold?

when he died like 1:20 on cooldown

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

boredsatellite posted:

Come off it lads its basically an away team on LGD's homeground.

Hey could you tell me what you said yesterday about the crowd not booing anyone except Kuku?

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

If a Chinese team got boos for being Chinese in America the entire thread would be up in arms lmao

Is it that hard not to boo? You don't even have to clap, just don't actively be an rear end in a top hat, but to be fair that's asking a lot from people that play Dota

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

emdash posted:

This isnt clever. Its great that the Chinese crowd is very invested in LGD and I dont care if that means they boo the team they want to lose

What is the point of praising the crowd

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

TheRat posted:

People are desperate to hate on China. It's basically the one constant of this thread.

Nah, it's not. I like LGD, Fy deserves an aegis even if OG would be my first choice. VG deserved to do better and I'm sad at how they went out. Nothing to do with 'hating on china' booing a losing team is NOT OK in my book, just because it is in yours' doesn't make my dislike of the audience attitude some far-reaching national nonsense.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

ana feeding mid like a low level pub there was brutal tho

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Zyla posted:

i hope they never play dota in philly or boston then! lmao

boos are the least of your problems

learn to duck

Ah one of those crowds then? Physical stuff is where I tend to set my line honestly. Booing is just typical sports

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

emdash posted:

That isn’t really a reason though. You want the event to be held somewhere else next time because the Chinese fans are too mean? You want the venue to instruct them to be nice? What is it

I haven't said anything I want? I'm just commenting that the constant booing of teams facing Chinese teams is really killing the mood of the tournament when it happens. I'm not here to solve these problems

At least the Dota is real good

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

TheRat posted:

People are desperate to hate on China. It's basically the one constant of this thread.

I mean there are many reasons to dislike China and their politics and my actual hatred towards that kind of amplifies any tiny annoyance in this. I'm aware of it and I'm trying not to explode about it but it's hard.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
As for how those kills gave 1k gold, well here you go

( 126 Gold + 4.5 * VictimLevel + ComebackFactor * ( VictimNetWorth * 0.026 + 70 Gold ) / 1 ) * NetWorthPoorFactor * NetWorthRankingFactor

(126 + 4.5*14 + 1*( 11555 *0.026 + 70)*1.05*1 = roughly 758 gold from assist gold

110 + (Killed Hero's Level × 8) + Streak Bonus = Kill Bounty

110 + 14*8 + 120 = 342

758 + 342 = 1.1k

not exact values but that's more or less how math works

e: the biggest factor here are NetWorthPoorFactor & NetWorthRankingFactor.

Ame not being the highest farmer on his team gives a slight multiplier but the biggest thing is the fact that it was a solo kill. All kills give a kill bounty and assist gold. If you're solo, all the assist goes to you. Og ahead? more money. Ceb being highest networth is a big contributor because his networth means more assist gold

Knowlue fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Aug 24, 2019

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ankle posted:

If a Chinese team got boos for being Chinese in America the entire thread would be up in arms lmao

Is it that hard not to boo? You don't even have to clap, just don't actively be an rear end in a top hat, but to be fair that's asking a lot from people that play Dota

Is this your first encounter with sports of any kind?

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I cannot believe the constantly pausing, often taunting, "You mad?" chatwheel spamming team got booed. Outrageous. What's wrong with the chinese? It must be something unique to their VILE CULTURE. Must be all the pets they eat am I right??!?

USA
USA
USA
USA
USA

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

TheRat posted:

Booing the opponent team is like the most common thing in sports

TI5 crowd preferred EG but was respectful of CDEC. Everyone was more surprised to see them get that far considering how they started in qualifiers.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
To be fair, the Shanghainese are known for being rude as gently caress

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Knowlue posted:

As for how those kills gave 1k gold, well here you go

( 126 Gold + 4.5 * VictimLevel + ComebackFactor * ( VictimNetWorth * 0.026 + 70 Gold ) / 1 ) * NetWorthPoorFactor * NetWorthRankingFactor

(126 + 4.5*14 + 1*( 11555 *0.026 + 70)*1.05*1 = roughly 758 gold from assist gold

110 + (Killed Hero's Level × 8) + Streak Bonus = Kill Bounty

110 + 14*8 + 120 = 342

758 + 342 = 1.1k

not exact values but that's more or less how math works

Now that's a good post.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

ankle posted:

Literally the ti8 champions’ modus operandi is to be assholes with chat wheel, tips, etc in-game

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
tbf every team has been masterfully manipulating the chat wheel this tournament

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

Ah one of those crowds then? Physical stuff is where I tend to set my line honestly. Booing is just typical sports

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/shortcuts/2018/feb/05/power-play-do-philadelphia-eagles-fans-really-throw-batteries-on-the-field

yeah its bad lmao

they're dangerous

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Det_no posted:

I cannot believe the constantly pausing, often taunting, "You mad?" chatwheel spamming team got booed. Outrageous. What's wrong with the chinese? It must be something unique to their VILE CULTURE. Must be all the pets they eat am I right??!?

USA
USA
USA
USA
USA

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
if this is what watching dota does to your brain imagine what it is to play it

terrifying

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

TheRat posted:

I said the same thing in the thread last year and I got met with "Yeah but this is different creepy jingoism"

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
anyway OG have Chen and Tiny so it's time to gently caress poo poo up

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

emdash posted:

Literally the ti8 champions’ modus operandi is to be assholes with chat wheel, tips, etc in-game

All the teams do that a lil bit now though, which rules

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Please post Tiny memes only for a whole page tia

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

TheRat posted:

I actually broadcast games for ESPN and I watch the International every year :)

It's poo poo behavior in whatever game is played and wherever its being played, it's not that hard of a concept to grasp!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Det_no posted:

I cannot believe the constantly pausing, often taunting, "You mad?" chatwheel spamming team got booed.

I mean if this is what does it then Infamous should be booed out of the building.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Pigbuster posted:

All the teams do that a lil bit now though, which rules

agreed rude dota is the best dota hahah

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

ElNarez posted:

if this is what watching dota does to your brain imagine what it is to play it

terrifying

Mods please replace every post in this thread with this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

No it’s just really embarrassing how the community reacts like children and calls really good teams (all teams top 8 at ti) complete trash when it’s not actually like that. there’s a reason why a lot of players decide to not stream anymore or even communicate often with the online community because of this.

When infamous lost, the Peruvians aka some of the most toxic af fans in the world, felt so proud of their team representing their region over on their official Facebook. When I take a look on twitter and Reddit when eg lose it’s just a bunch of name calling and a bunch of trash rear end comments. When OG was losing all year, everyone called them poo poo and that was bad too. It’s actually something that’s really bothered me especially after being back to TI last year. I don’t see a reason to bring anyone down at all, the game isn’t growing as it used to be. Why even let this bad vibe in here.

Sorry but I feel very strongly about this, I really love dota 2 and the professional scene. And if it dies because of continued toxicity within our own community then that is going to be a huge shame

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I think we may be missing some context on the boos and I want to give the benefit of the doubt to the crowd

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Now that's pretty unreasonable lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ankle posted:

I actually broadcast games for ESPN and I watch the International every year :)

It's poo poo behavior in whatever game is played and wherever its being played, it's not that hard of a concept to grasp!

Grasp? Not at all. I just think it's loving dumb. Cheering your team/booing your opponent is an integral part of sporting hype.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zyla posted:

agreed rude dota is the best dota hahah

I wish there was more banner play outside of the Goofys but the shittalk meta is always evolving.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

Now that's pretty unreasonable lol

people from philadelphia are the worst scum on earth :hai:

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
OH BABY IT'S AN ALCH GAME, yeah if OG don't take that one it's LGD's TI

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Craptacular! posted:

I mean if this is what does it then Infamous should be booed out of the building.

I'm fairly sure INF wasn't specifically using the chinese chatwheel sounds though. Perhaps crowds get a bit heated when they can understand the poo poo talk you are saying?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I am extremely glad that OG has made other teams step up their BM game

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Ravus posted:

Now that's a good post.

thanks!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this is quite the draft

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zyla posted:

people from philadelphia are the worst scum on earth :hai:

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

TheRat posted:

Grasp? Not at all. I just think it's loving dumb. Cheering your team/booing your opponent is an integral part of sporting hype.

Don't boo the other team just because they are the opponent of your team. It's lovely.