Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

Teams thought the same thing about giving them Io.

It was EG of all teams who were like "naw dude... just naw. You can't have it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
wow this is some next level drafting

unless psg gets stomped in 20 min then its just bad

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Lol, Dark Seer ban

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Is shadow demon bad against Alch?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ravus posted:

They picked it early as well, lots of room for LGD to counter.

yeah this feels like a "we know how to deal with it this time" bait

getting the tiny helps

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
The difference is this game they're going to have Maybe on a Tiny that can go into the jungle and seriously hurt Ana's farm. This game is going to be won or loss based on Topson's performance in lane.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hmmmmmmmmm.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

They're really gonna be kicking themselves if they lose to this again

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
I can't get over the fact that LGD has had the same 3 first bans in 3 matches, shoot that poo poo straight into my veins.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

wow this is some next level drafting

unless psg gets stomped in 20 min then its just bad

I think doing this twice so blatantly is greedy as gently caress and LGD are capable of punishing it.

How fat can ana get when LGD goes all Dr Now on them.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
i mean i know lgd aren't stupid and are ready for it this time but still

the balls to go through last game and be willing to face that again

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Spudd posted:

Is shadow demon bad against Alch?

The SD illusions don't get the Radiance benefits like the aoe damage or miss chance

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Dark Seer being banned as it should be

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
How do you give it up twice

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ankle posted:

Yes and no, look at the heroes they banned. The alternative is giving up one or two of those, especially if you let Io through because OG can pick it second since they know LGD can't play it.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I want to see some hero that gives OG a vision advantage so they can better protect Alch's farm

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

ankle posted:

At the same time I can understand why they're letting them get it because... like, you have to let ONE of Alch/Wisp/Ench/Mag through. 4 is the magic number of killer picks and OG's got it.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Centzon Totochtin posted:

How do you give it up twice

When you know it's coming and you think you can counter it.

Though I'd have still banned chen.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The SD illusions don't get the Radiance benefits like the aoe damage or miss chance

Yeah, the announcers mentioned you can turn off the radiance while being banished and the illusions won't get the benefit.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Sampatrick posted:

I want to see some hero that gives OG a vision advantage so they can better protect Alch's farm

:hmmyes:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Jerax Beastmaster, just do it

or Topson Beastmaster

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ravus posted:

When you know it's coming and you think you can counter it.

I feel like I've heard a famous copypasta about thinking you can counter a hero..................

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pigbuster posted:

At the same time I can understand why they're letting them get it because... like, you have to let ONE of Alch/Wisp/Ench/Mag through. 4 is the magic number of killer picks and OG's got it.

notail is really good on chen, he's not just an alch combo pick. And Chen is just really good in general, he was a popular prediction for most banned.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I feel like I've heard a famous copypasta about thinking you can counter a hero..................

I'm almost certain you're correct.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Huh, Dazzle ban, is that a respect ban?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
ITT: people who for some reason think LGD didn’t consider any sort of counter in the fifteen minutes between games.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the topson pick is going to make or break OG this game, I think LGD has a much better draft to deal with this alch so far

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

ITT: people who for some reason think LGD didn’t consider any sort of counter in the fifteen minutes between games.

Literally no one thinks that. The only question if it's going to work or not.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This OG frontline is extremely tanky

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mid....Tide????

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sweet lord, between chen and legion commander this alch is going to have infinite regen

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Ohhh I like LGD's draft quite a lot more tbh. Love me some Slark. Ana can still go fat enough it's not over. But I'm feeling LGD for this one.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

TheRat posted:

Sweet lord, between chen and legion commander this alch is going to have infinite regen

More essence stacks for this slark

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
A-god

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this is gonna be over in under 15 minutes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol Gunnar didn't notice that ceb was playing LC because mid tide is just out of nowhere

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Craptacular! posted:

I would be hard pressed to believe that LGD have a crazy strategy that can beat the same lineup that just absolutely loving annihilated them

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

triple sulk posted:

this is gonna be over in under 15 minutes

It needs to be!

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I would be hard pressed to believe that LGD have a crazy strategy that can beat the same lineup that just absolutely loving annihilated them

That's not how dota works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
You just get one mistake against Alchemist, and dota isn't really a game where a team that has to be aggressive first typically has no errors whether forced or unforced. 2-1 OG at 25 mins