Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

:shobon: notail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

ankle posted:

Enchantress seems really strong but I feel like Io + Alch should be the priority bans vs OG?

Bans vs OG are like a brick wall, you just have to pick the things that counter what you're doing and just play better than OG. That's why it's so hard, you cannot ban everything OG can do extremely well.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Also why does everyone seem to ban Magnus against OG? Is it because of the insane farm speed he gives to Ana?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

IcePhoenix posted:

Adrenalinderal is a drug I guess

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

ankle posted:

Enchantress seems really strong but I feel like Io + Alch should be the priority bans vs OG?

It's so hard to say. Alch can be countered but ana's alch... Ench is just flat broken though. It's legit a hard call, I can't even armchair qb the right bans for OG right now.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Honestly though I hope LGD runs it back because we've had like three great series between them and OG at TI and I would love to have the grand finals be more of it.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Honestly, did they? When the game was going its absolute best for LGD, they didn't even have the T2 mid or safelane taken. The game was still a far cry from LGD being able to win the game, all OG had to do was wait for literally one mistake to win and they did

I mean, yes, the issue is that eventually they started to forget about Tiny ganking the Alch or I guess Ana was masterfully avoiding the Tiny, idk, but that was where the issue was. Once Ana had Radiance and BKB, the game became much harder for LGD.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Also why does everyone seem to ban Magnus against OG? Is it because of the insane farm speed he gives to Ana?

Ceb magnus is scary af

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Can we talk about healing stratz

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Broken Cog posted:

ceb on mag is pretty amazing

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Ceb magnus is scary af

This. It's a pick that can carry the whole game.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

You gotta ban Alch and Io absolutely for sure. I think it would be much more reasonable to develop a plan to beat Mag than Alch, let Mag through. That game was really close until it wasn't, but LGD even at their absolute best spot in the game were still 15-20 minutes of absolute flawless play from winning that one

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Ceb is pretty good at it, but also, yeah, Magnus enables recovery farm for Ana or Topson if they lose the lane

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Ravus posted:

It's so hard to say. Alch can be countered but ana's alch... Ench is just flat broken though. It's legit a hard call, I can't even armchair qb the right bans for OG right now.

I'll say this a million times, Ana Alch is the single best player hero combination in Dota history and has been since 2017.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i love you johan :)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

You gotta ban Alch and Io absolutely for sure. I think it would be much more reasonable to develop a plan to beat Mag than Alch, let Mag through. That game was really close until it wasn't, but LGD even at their absolute best spot in the game were still 15-20 minutes of absolute flawless play from winning that one

Ceb magnus is scary as gently caress though, and considering OG play around turboboosting Ana, do you really want to give Ana empower?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Broken Cog posted:

Ceb is the best Mag in the world

LGD had 1st pick in the 2nd and 3rd game, they should of banned IO, Alch, and Mag and 1st pick Ench.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

ana is scooby doo, lol.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think the honest to god only way to outban OG at this point is to figure out how to beat carry wisp. If you can take Io off the hard bans list it's manageable again.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

lamentable dustman posted:

Ceb is the best Mag in the world

LGD had 1st pick in the 2nd and 3rd game, they should of banned IO, Alch, and Mag and 1st pick Ench.

Pretty sure OG would have banned ench in that scenario.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Alch Ench Io Chen Magnus

that's the pool for the first three bans against OG. I don't know how LGD got away with the game 1 draft where Alch wasn't touched, but I don't think OG will be giving away any more "freebies" like that

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

I think the honest to god only way to outban OG at this point is to figure out how to beat carry wisp. If you can take Io off the hard bans list it's manageable again.
be interesting to see if nisha (or someone else) wisps into them

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The craziest thing about OG carry IO to me is that apparently it was something they just pulled out for fun in a game, and it turned out to be insane, not really a secret strat they had trained for beforehand.

Unless OG was just memeing around in that interview of course.

Edit: Oh my god this drone lantern for this Dark Willow cosplay

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

CUTIE MEEPO

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

What happened was that LGD did not expect the amount of damage tide did.

That slark popped cause he had like negative 40 armor

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The problem is that even if Mag gets basically no farm in lane, the Mag still acts as this huge farm accelerant for the other two cores on OG so it doesn't actually matter. Also, Ceb is just extremely good at finding perfect initiations on blink aoe stun heroes.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ravus posted:

Pretty sure OG would have banned ench in that scenario.

Even still, that's worth it, the Ench pick is just a deny pick to keep it out of OG's hands. OG also first-banned AA so an Alch ban basically leaves OG with only two bans

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Ugh, filler. Don't want filler want secret liquid!

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
p dece cosplay. good twitchy rubert

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Even still, that's worth it, the Ench pick is just a deny pick to keep it out of OG's hands. OG also first-banned AA so an Alch ban basically leaves OG with only two bans

fair

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I think it's this. Which means a secret (even to his own team) pocket strat probably won TI9.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
These are some amazing cosplays, a lot of plastic, but still

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
YOOOOOOOOOOOOO what the gently caress are these costumes

Literally any one of these could be winners of a contest

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:hai:

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
awww gently caress i missed the last two games. sounds like ana Alch did Alch things?

really hope LGD can make it to the GF. I like these east vs. west finals

oh and some these cosplays are dope

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Man we are so far from this

It's unreal

Holy poo poo these cosplays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
wanna see someone sitting on the floor hiding under a brown blanket nyx nyx nyxing