Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

This always happens near the end, they run out of poo poo to play while the game gets set up

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Spudd posted:

This always happens near the end, they run out of poo poo to play while the game gets set up

Probably doesn't help that Slacks voice is completely gone, can't have as many segments of Slacks running around the venue and doing impromptu bits with random audience members, pros and other people he just runs into at the event.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

that "are we friends???" from kuro makes me cringe each time

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spudd posted:

They should just run Pyrion out to do his impressions of other people. His Scottish train conductor and Jedi Ghost Prince Charles are a riot.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

They should just run Pyrion out to do his impressions of other people. His Scottish train conductor and Jedi Ghost Prince Charles are a riot.

:puckout: the best suggestion

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Fuuuuck you for making me remember that.

Was that the worst meta?

I always thought the shadow demon illusion meta was just as bad. I quit watching for probably my longest period after seeing the thousandth tier 3 being taken by Mirana illusions.

the morphling AM meta was pretty butt too

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
One more thing re: Alch brokenness

heroes that end the game at 20-25 mins are a part of dota that everyone has lived with for a long time. That's fine. But they shouldn't be first-phase pick material. They should be 22nd pick, "oh gently caress we forgot about that" material like Husk/Meepo/Brood. Alch is just completely outlandish right now

It isn't just Ana or pro games either. It's also common in high tier pubs and even around 4.5k. It took me one game playing against it to start banning it every single match. The feeling of inevitability was just as bad as or worse than the traditional cheese picks

e: I'm not saying this to take anything away from OG. Just don't go thinking the hero is in a good place

emdash fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 24, 2019

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Lol Kyle hasn't got poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IT'S WISP TIME BOYS

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

HOW DO YOU LT T HE WISP THRU hahahahahah

GG go next

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Now replace with Fear's Junk pic

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

If it’s Secret I think Puppey will have some crazy plan to blow up the Wisp, but otherwise I think Mag and Tidehunter are musts.

What was done to ET to make him so popular?

Well that was a heck of a call.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Its Rinaldo posted:

Now replace with Fear's Junk pic

someone did this earlier in the thread but it wasn't a .gif

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Fuuuuck you for making me remember that.

Was that the worst meta?

Most people (by my count) think Sniper/Troll was the worst meta. Naga’s no fun to watch, but once she lost her radiance mojo to keep lanes pushed out all the time and illusions got weaker, she stopped making games three hours long.

I don’t watch Dota too much anymore, but last time I saw a Naga game at a LAN it was over within reasonable time.

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Well that was a heck of a call.

I was taking about in the grand finals.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Aug 24, 2019

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

IcePhoenix posted:

someone did this earlier in the thread but it wasn't a .gif

One sec

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Craptacular! posted:

Most people (by my count) think Sniper/Troll was the worst meta.

this is what I meant by 6.86 but apparently it was 6.83 so I forgot whoops

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MAPPO

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelll now

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

MEEP MEEP

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Worst meta was TI 4(?) death ball meta when the entire grand finals was over in like an hour and a half.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

Most people (by my count) think Sniper/Troll was the worst meta.

They are right

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh hell yes Lyrical and Trent get this series I was worried they were done

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:discourse:

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
big paws

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Andrast posted:

Thee-heey haa-haare right

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Worst meta was TI 4(?) death ball meta when the entire grand finals was over in like an hour and a half.

People defend TI4 nowadays because lots and lots of heroes were picked. The problem was not broken heroes but broken objective gold (T1 towers = gold bonanza = no late game and GG when you lose all lanes).

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

I'm hoping we get OD for the finals, or even Cap. Just not Tobi plz.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Spudd posted:

Surprise return of ayesee

bagel/breadstick/wickets

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Craptacular! posted:

People defend TI4 nowadays because lots and lots of heroes were picked. The problem was not broken heroes but broken objective gold (T1 towers = gold bonanza = no late game and GG when you lose all lanes).

I've actually never seen anyone defend TI 4. It had an awful meta and an awful format.

Spudd posted:

Honestly even though I still defend Tobi (he's fine) I'd also rank he and Synd last among the duos we've had on the main stage.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Tobi/Synd for the LB Finals and OD/Fogged for the Grand Finals, though.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Aug 24, 2019

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

The HOHO HAHA spam made it all worth it

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Chair In A Basket posted:

Surprise return of ayesee

Unironically this. I know he isn't great at knowing the game, but his voice is butter and I could listen to him call poo poo all day.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao the slacks burn

Ayesee return is only acceptable if Draskyl is his cocaster

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Golem get ye gone

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Daaamn liquid still running hot.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

IcePhoenix posted:

I've actually never seen anyone defend TI 4. It had an awful meta and an awful format.
TI4 had a bunch of cool games earlier in the tournament, and then it had VG who only ran the one strat, and Newbee who figured out its counter, so we got the worst grand final ever. It's like every TI, where the meta initially feels diverse and then teams figure out what actually works late in the tournament and then you get the same heroes over and over for the last 3 days.

The format was dumb, though.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
secret boys 18 minute gg inbound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

IcePhoenix posted:

Honestly even though I still defend Tobi (he's fine) I'd also rank he and Synd last among the duos we've had on the main stage.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Tobi/Synd for the LB Finals and OD/Fogged for the Grand Finals, though.

I started watching dota with TI4 and thought I missed the boat with how everyone talked about how great the TI3 finals were