Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am glad the Secret is out, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
If it's an OG - Liquid final those are the two teams that EG lost to so it would be sortof like EG getting 3rd

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Saw that liquid beat the carry io strat. hosed up

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
That's some tortured meme logic you got there

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.

Xarn posted:

That's some tortured meme logic you got there

Is there non-tortured meme logic?

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
OG is in the finals ? ?????

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

gangnam reference posted:

OG is in the finals ? ?????

Yup.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Yeah CN timezones makes this nearly impossible to fully enjoy, it's a shame because the games are good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
EG:
-fly
-s4
+1 unknown CIS player

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
It seems we are in the darkest timeline.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yeah CN timezones makes this nearly impossible to fully enjoy, it's a shame because the games are good

Imagine how much it sucked for Chinese fans over the last 8 years

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
I just want to say how glad I am to have gone to sleep for LGD og g3

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Fly’s tweet makes him sound like he was leaving. S4 was a weak link, I hate to say throughout the year. Sometimes he was just relentlessly feeding. You’ll see other offlaners always be at the top of the net worth chart sometimes but s4 was hit or miss.

Ramzes or Reso on eg as a 3 is the current rumor and that’s going to be really strange for the beginning at least. 5 position players are in low supply as well, it’s gonna get weird yall

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

Imagine how much it sucked for Chinese fans over the last 8 years

And EU fans

E: I barely managed to watch TI3 final game before I had to leave for work in the morning, and I was watching TI8 playoffs on my cellphone on the way to university in the morning

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Honestly while I think it’s cool for the Chinese fans to have TI, I think that having it in Seattle or Canada fixes the whole boooing the away team thing. Even when an NA team loses, there’s fans from around the world there supporting their scene. It’s really fun having dueling sides of the arena chanting for their teams. And I’m sure there’s OG fans at the stadium this weekend, but not as many as LGD fans.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
So turns out it was a spirit. Is this guy Dark Seer's boss?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Honestly while I think it’s cool for the Chinese fans to have TI, I think that having it in Seattle or Canada fixes the whole boooing the away team thing. Even when an NA team loses, there’s fans from around the world there supporting their scene. It’s really fun having dueling sides of the arena chanting for their teams. And I’m sure there’s OG fans at the stadium this weekend, but not as many as LGD fans.

lmao

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I would love to see an EU TI but I'm not getting my hopes up

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
i started to like this schedule in eu lol. will be nice going to sleep early sunday cause i woke up at 5am and going to work at a normal time

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

casters said there were og fans but they're too quiet and dont get picked up by crowd mics

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

You can’t talk if you’ve never been to a ti before sorry

Knowlue posted:

casters said there were og fans but they're too quiet and dont get picked up by crowd mics

Yeah for sure I don’t doubt it for a second

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I just think its incredibly funny that the most toxic rear end in a top hat Ive ever encountered in the goon dota community keeps talking about booing as a negative

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
VP:
-ramzes
-9pasha
-rodjer

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

who gives a poo poo about the handful of people who get to be there live

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

No it’s just really embarrassing how the community reacts like children and calls really good teams (all teams top 8 at ti) complete trash when it’s not actually like that. there’s a reason why a lot of players decide to not stream anymore or even communicate often with the online community because of this.

When infamous lost, the Peruvians aka some of the most toxic af fans in the world, felt so proud of their team representing their region over on their official Facebook. When I take a look on twitter and Reddit when eg lose it’s just a bunch of name calling and a bunch of trash rear end comments. When OG was losing all year, everyone called them poo poo and that was bad too. It’s actually something that’s really bothered me especially after being back to TI last year. I don’t see a reason to bring anyone down at all, the game isn’t growing as it used to be. Why even let this bad vibe in here.

Sorry but I feel very strongly about this, I really love dota 2 and the professional scene. And if it dies because of continued toxicity within our own community then that is going to be a huge shame

:hmmyes:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I would be down for a rotating ti though. Never said not in Europe. I just don’t live in that region and don’t know how the ticketing process works. I just know it was a logistical nightmare for this TI. There’s nothing being at TI, and it’s a shame that scalpers weren’t able to be combated for this event. (I know scalpers got arrested but it was already too late by that point)

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

No it’s just really embarrassing how the community reacts like children and calls really good teams (all teams top 8 at ti) complete trash when it’s not actually like that. there’s a reason why a lot of players decide to not stream anymore or even communicate often with the online community because of this.

When infamous lost, the Peruvians aka some of the most toxic af fans in the world, felt so proud of their team representing their region over on their official Facebook. When I take a look on twitter and Reddit when eg lose it’s just a bunch of name calling and a bunch of trash rear end comments. When OG was losing all year, everyone called them poo poo and that was bad too. It’s actually something that’s really bothered me especially after being back to TI last year. I don’t see a reason to bring anyone down at all, the game isn’t growing as it used to be. Why even let this bad vibe in here.

Sorry but I feel very strongly about this, I really love dota 2 and the professional scene. And if it dies because of continued toxicity within our own community then that is going to be a huge shame

Actually, EG is complete trash

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

it's not china's fault that NA can't produce good enough dota teams to make booing all the non-NA squads worthwhile

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I would be down for a rotating ti though. Never said not in Europe. I just don’t live in that region and don’t know how the ticketing process works. I just know it was a logistical nightmare for this TI. There’s nothing being at TI, and it’s a shame that scalpers weren’t able to be combated for this event. (I know scalpers got arrested but it was already too late by that point)

Rotating TI is by far the best option so all regions get a TI with watchable game times imo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Andrast posted:

Rotating TI is by far the best option so all regions get TIs with watchable game times imo

right I’m not trying to be an rear end in a top hat and say only NA should have ti. It’s obviously easier for me since I live here (still expensive cuz I live in Texas). I’m trying to see how issues that arose for this ti to be addressed in good faith. Also I just woke up a while ago so I’m groggy as hell

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just wanted to post this clip from yesterdays OG vs LGD game of Topson just deleting Slark

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstemiousDistinctHamDatBoi

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

right I’m not trying to be an rear end in a top hat and say only NA should have ti. It’s obviously easier for me since I live here (still expensive cuz I live in Texas). I’m trying to see how issues that arose for this ti to be addressed in good faith. Also I just woke up a while ago so I’m groggy as hell

Sure, make sense

I've enjoyed the hell out of this TI since it's first time ever I've actually been able to watch most of the games. US east timezone just kills it for me.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Broken Cog posted:

Just wanted to post this clip from yesterdays OG vs LGD game of Topson just deleting Slark

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstemiousDistinctHamDatBoi

Jesus, he just got completely deleted.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Having TI in the city I live right next to is the only moral choice.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

I'd like the next one to be eu, 10th ani etc. After that it can move back perm to seatle for all I care

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Jesus, he just got completely deleted.

The comp was so dirty lol. And I called them greedy, as if I needed more proof that I don't know poo poo.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
TI in Birmingham let's go

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

TI goes to the reigning winning region.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Saw that liquid beat the carry io strat. hosed up

Excuse you. They beat Secrets lovely knockoff Io strat.
Though this makes me hope they beat LGD so their overconfidence lets through Ana Io in the finals.